PDA

View Full Version : Clint Didier's Request for Dino

Ekrub
08-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Clint Didier Press Conference Seattle 8/20/2010
Good morning.
You folks know why I am here today…
I am conceding the race.
And I have been warned a long time ago Be careful what you say, because you may ruin your political career. To that I say, I don’t have a political career and I’ve got to have the faith and the courage to speak from my heart with the truth.
So let me start by telling you about a coach when I was with the Redskins.
I won’t say his name – but I’ll tell you, I didn’t like him. Didn’t like him at all. In fact, I avoided him if I could. Didn’t want to hear what he had to say. He rode me hard and always demanded more than I could give. In other words, he was the “tough coach”.
I had a different name for him then, but I can’t say that in public.
It wasn’t until years after that I retired from football that I finally figured it out – he was the coach that got the most out of me And it was because he demanded so much – And even though at times I thought it was more than I could give…
It wasn’t.
And that being so tough on me made me a better player…a better man… And it enabled me to help my team win games.
So…with that being said, we all know this is no game.
This is about the future of our Country.
And I’ve learned a lot this year. I’ve learned that there is so much good in the people…
I’ve learned that if you speak from your heart and with conviction, that people will listen…
And follow.
And most importantly, I’ve learned that it is all absolutely about WE THE PEOPLE… not the PARTY.
I got into this race because I really wanted to make a difference – in this state, in the Party, and to beat Patty Murray.
Patty Murray believes that the People exist to grant her position. But I believe her position exists to provide the People with FREEDOM.
And now I see OUR role ‘WE THE PEOPLE’, much like that “tough coach” – To ride herd on our team to make sure we don’t stray from the course…. To remind our team why we’re in this fight…To push our team to make us better.
And so for the past couple days, I’ve been struggling with a decision. Struggling in my heart.
I want to endorse Dino – I really do.
I want to beat Patty Murray. I really want that.
I know that there are more than 150,000 people who gave their vote, and their trust… And so I take that endorsement very seriously. And I know that my endorsement is very important to my supporters.
And I take very seriously the weight of knowing that 1/3 of the Republican vote that was cast, voted for me. That could make the difference about whether Patty Murray or Dino Rossi is our Senator…
But I also know that a lot of my supporters aren’t going to automatically vote for Dino…
Or don’t even want to support him at all.
And I know that because that’s what they’re telling me… I’ve got hundreds of emails and calls….
So I cannot make a half-hearted endorsement… Because it wouldn’t really help Dino win this race….
Unless my supporters know that I really mean it.
Let’s not forget the reason why I got into this race.
It’s because the People lost faith and trust in the Party.
So at this moment I can NOT Endorse Dino Rossi.
“BUT” that can change in a heart beat.
It could change by the end of the day.
Dino and I have our differences… But if we get some assurance from him about a few things,
Things that shouldn’t be too much of a reach for him… They are things that really reflect the Party platform, This could unite the Party…
Bringing everyone together, One force in one direction.
Then I can – and will – change that endorsement to a YES.
And be 100% behind Dino.
Here are 3 things that THE PEOPLE tell me are most important for us to BEAT PATTY MURRAY…
Show we are united on PRO-LIFE ISSUES…
We ask Dino to promise to introduce in the Senate the same bill that Ron Paul introduced in the House…
“The Sanctity of Life Act.”
This simple bill restores the authority of elected officials to pass laws regarding abortion without interference from the federal judicial branch. For example, federal courts have overturned state laws regarding parental consent and adult informed consent.
Second…We need to show how much difference there is between US and Patty on taxes…
So we ask Dino to sign the pledge that I signed –
It’s very simple and straightforward:
“I will not vote for any new taxes, or increases in existing taxes.”
Lets make it very clear to Patty we are the Party of tax CUTTERS.
And FINALLY…Lets show that we are serious about cutting federal spending.
I want to point out that yesterday was ‘COST OF GOVERNMENT DAY.”
Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform calculates that this year, Americans will work 241 days to pay all of the costs of government.
I want Dino to pledge to vote no on any bill that increases over all Federal Spending.
I don’t think these are much of a reach for Dino… In fact, they are really just part of the Party platform.
I will say it again:
I WANT to endorse him.
I WANT to campaign for him.
I WANT to send Patty Murray home packing…
SO this year, I hope WE THE PEOPLE can do for Dino and the Party what that coach did for me. “To Push them…” But only to make them better… So our team can win…AND BEAT PATTY MURRAY.
NOW I’D LIKE TO SPEAK TO THE DEDICATED SUPPORTERS AND OVER 150,000 PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR ME…
FIRST OF ALL, MY HEARTFELT THANKS… I plan on staying in this for the long haul – This is just the beginning for me. I see things that need to happen in this Party And I want to be a part of it.
And I want to help make your voices heard…
I want to partner with you…
And I want you to partner with me.
We are going to continue to grow this movement, so we are forming a new group: TAKE BACK WASHINGTON to keep the momentum going. I’ll hold the details of that later, but keep checking back on our website and facebook pages for more information coming in the next few weeks.
SO IN CONCLUSION:
Dino, the people do not follow title or nominations. They follow courage. If you will lead the people will follow
And so will I.

This came in my e-mail with no link provided, so I'll find a link and post later. I think he did the right thing here.

Kotin
08-26-2010, 03:24 PM
good man.

Rothbardian Girl
08-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Interesting. I like how he didn't come out and endorse Dino Rossi straight away.

ChaosControl
08-26-2010, 04:29 PM
I want Murray gone, I hope Rossi will agree to these.

surf
08-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Didier said that he would endorse Rossi if Rossi is the top R vote-getter. it isn't sitting well with the long-time republicans here. an RP guy who has risen in my precinct and campaigned for Didier and has befriended Didier wants him to do what he said he would do and endorse Rossi (this guy isn't high on dino either). the Rs did, as a whole, vote anti-Murray (as one guy i was talking to today said his Rossi vote was an "anti-Murray" vote rather than a pro-dino vote and that Didier was his preferred candidate).

"now i'm glad i didn't vote for him," said the anti-murray vote. "he said he'd endorse Rossi and he didn't."

and we've got to get abortion off the table here in Washington State. it's a vote-loser more than a principled stand in this Washington.

djdellisanti4
08-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Nothing about a change in foreign policy, Clint? Unless I misread. I would much rather him try to get Dino to change his FP than abortion.

Agorism
08-26-2010, 09:01 PM
He made a mistake making all these demands.

Icymudpuppy
08-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Clint dug a grave for himself for the foreseeable future. Dino is the R's golden boy. A complete party hack.

I still can't vote for Rossi.

He just leaves a statist taste in my mouth.

Clint's stance on marriage is statist, but he overall was much less statist than Rossi.

surf
08-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Nothing about a change in foreign policy, Clint? Unless I misread. I would much rather him try to get Dino to change his FP than abortion.

+1

edit: the Didier campaign is looking for people and places to store all the signs he has - the R senate campaign signs. lets hope he can learn something from his RP constituents in the next year.

Icymudpuppy
08-27-2010, 11:40 AM

"I want Dino to pledge to vote no on any bill that increases over all Federal Spending."

This would include military appropriations. Indirectly restricting Mr. Rossi from voting for a war with Iran for example.

JK/SEA
08-27-2010, 01:19 PM
I'll vote for Murray just to punish the GOP......again.

Rossi=Murray, so its still a vote for the status quo anyway you look it at.