PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012, who in the gop even comes close to Ron Paul's Platform??

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 07:12 PM
I want Ron Paul to be nominated in 2012 in the GOP! If for some reason Ron Paul supporters fail to listen to Ron Paul and register republican(now or in the near future like 2010) and become a delegate! What options do we have left. the current gop field is not even an option other then Ron Paul or Gary Johnson!

Ron Paul has set a bar and none of the names below even come close to Ron Paul!

the names below are not even an option!!!!!!!!!!!
Mitt Romney
Sarah Palin
Mike Huckabee
Newt Gingrich
Tim Pawlenty
Rick Santorum
John Thune
Mitch Daniels

my question is this. who in the gop is even credible other then Ron Paul 2012 and if they can make the Ron Paul Grade? Who are they? I honestly cannot come up with one name in the gop other then gary johnson.

it is beyond me ! how the gop thinks they are gonna win without Ron Paul 2012 for President!!

can anyone give me a credible name in the gop other then Rand Paul,Ron Paul or Gary Johnson?? i truly cannot think of one!

If Ron Paul/Rand Paul or Gary Johnson are not the 2012 nominee for President! is there anyone left in the gop to even vote for? i am beginning to think the answer is a firm no? can anyone drop a viable name for the 2012 nomination? i am at a road block here!

is the back up plan really an obama 2nd term thanks to the failed gop leadership?? honestly if i were the failed gop leadership! I would be making Ron Paul 2012 signs to save my gop job;) maybe we need to send the failed gop leadership some posterboard,stencils and paint with Ron Paul 2012 so they can get busy;) somebody in the gop leadership needs to wake the f up NOW!!!

Agorism
08-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Ron Paul runs straight at his opponents none of the wishy washy stuff.

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Ron Paul runs straight at his opponents none of the wishy washy stuff.

i was kinda hoping someone in rpf could give us a viable choice other then Ron Paul/Rand Paul or Gary Johnson. In the back of my head i know the answer! I was hoping someone had a Ron Pauler in mind that is in the gop!

Ron Paul has raised the bar and i cannot find anyone that can come close in the gop to this Bar that Ron Paul has created. Thank you Ron Paul,Ron Paul 2012:)

I hope the gop understands the gravity of the situation they have put themselves into! I advise the gop establishment make Ron Paul 2012 happen kinda like how they forced mccain upon us!

Obama/Cheney 2012 Bring Our Troops Home. They better put the right product on the shelf;) Ron Paul 2012!!

Stary Hickory
08-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Rand Paul

Dreamofunity
08-25-2010, 08:42 PM
I couldn't vote for anyone on that list, barring the last two considering I don't know who they are. This is why I'm hesitant to get involved in Republican politics; the only republican I really agree with is Ron Paul and his followers (Rand, Schiff, etc who run as Republicans, but aren't your mainstream candidates).

low preference guy
08-25-2010, 08:43 PM
I couldn't vote for anyone on that list, barring the last two considering I don't know who they are.

Thune voted for the bailout.

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Rand Paul

he was already mentioned on my post so other then rand paul/ron paul and gary johnson. who else even comes close to Ron Paul's platform??

sad part is i think we just ran thru the gop list!

oyarde
08-25-2010, 08:47 PM
I couldn't vote for anyone on that list, barring the last two considering I don't know who they are. This is why I'm hesitant to get involved in Republican politics; the only republican I really agree with is Ron Paul and his followers (Rand, Schiff, etc who run as Republicans, but aren't your mainstream candidates).

Nobody will have a platform like R. Paul's , there are a few gop in congress that you should check out. Pence , Indiana , Bachman , Minnesota , Ryan , Wisconsin . These people seem pretty constitutionally principled on most things.They are the only three I can think of off the top of my head.

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 08:47 PM

i thought the same thing hehe, but looks like (low) cleared up thune for us;)

Brett85
08-25-2010, 08:48 PM
John Kasich would at least be a strong fiscal conservative and a little more sensible on foreign policy issues if he were to win Governor of Ohio and run for President.

oyarde
08-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Nobody will have a platform like R. Paul's , there are a few gop in congress that you should check out. Pence , Indiana , Bachman , Minnesota , Ryan , Wisconsin . These people seem pretty constitutionally principled on most things.They are the only three I can think of off the top of my head.

Ryan could eat Obama for lunch in debate .

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Ryan could eat Obama for lunch in debate .

I will check them out. i am not impressed with bachman! thanks! i hope the gop reads the writing on the wall!

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 09:44 PM
John Kasich would at least be a strong fiscal conservative and a little more sensible on foreign policy issues if he were to win Governor of Ohio and run for President.

trying to look at my options;) thanks for heads up. Slim pickings other then Ron Paul. If the gop cannot see that. they deserve a 2nd term of obama!!

Brett85
08-25-2010, 09:51 PM
trying to look at my options;) thanks for heads up. Slim pickings other then Ron Paul. If the gop cannot see that. they deserve a 2nd term of obama!!

I also like Tom Coburn other than his vote in favor of the bailout. He's been looking at ways to save money in the defense department by getting rid of waste. He sent a letter to Obama regarding that.

GunnyFreedom
08-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Ron Paul seems to have gotten his hooks into Walter Jones (R-NC) and over the last 6 years has managed to almost completely convert him to the Paul platform. He is now one of the closest sitting members of the US Congress to Ron Paul.

Sola_Fide
08-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Mitch Daniels calls himself a "libertarian". I don't really know what he means by that.

Kasich is a Keyensian if I remember correctly.

Palin is a neo-con.

DeMint is a neo-con.

Ahhhh...i dont feel like going down the list...

Nobody is as good as Ron Paul.

Koz
08-25-2010, 10:11 PM

Too bad he does not believe in the 2nd amendment. I live in Ohio and I'm pretty sure I can't pull the lever for him. He is a neocon through and through, maybe worse because he doesn't believe in the 2nd amendment.

Brett85
08-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Too bad he does not believe in the 2nd amendment. I live in Ohio and I'm pretty sure I can't pull the lever for him. He is a neocon through and through, maybe worse because he doesn't believe in the 2nd amendment.

I just remember one time when Kasich was guest hosting O'Reilly's show on Fox News, and Kasich was debating Newt Gingrich and told him that we can't "go around the world liberating people." I thought he sounded like more of a traditional conservative when he said that.

Imperial
08-25-2010, 10:48 PM
I still like Mitch Daniels. He isn't a purist libertarian by any means, but he has lots of positives.

1. He is willing to scale-back our military. From a recent Economist article
He wonders whether America can afford all its military commitments, particularly those only loosely tied to fighting terrorism.

2. He reads libertarian books, including FA Hayek's Road To Serfdom and The Constitution of Liberty, Milton Friedman's Free to Choose, and What it Means to Be a Libertarian by Charles Murray. http://fivebooks.com/interviews/mitch-daniels-on-american-conservatism

3. He accepts the label of libertarian (from the above article):
The other book on freedom on your list is Charles Murray, What It Means to Be a Libertarian. Are you a libertarian?

By his definition I guess I’d say so. Like all these labels these days, a lot of them have been transmuted out of their original meaning. For instance, I’m what would have been called a liberal in the 19th and early 20th century.

4. He wants to move past the debate on social issues: (from the economist)
Social conservatives were rabid after Mr Daniels, anti-abortion himself, told the Weekly Standard that he favoured a temporary truce on social issues.

To be sure, there are many things that a purist will not like. He has accepted stimulus money for his state. He proposed a tax increase his first year in Indiana. He was George W Bush's director of the OMB during the early years of the administration. However, on the whole I think he is an ideological libertarian who is trying to best cope with the interventionist state that has grown slowly over a hundred years.

TIAFE
08-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Lets face it... Ron/Rand or Gary are our only hopes...I think between those three though we have a pretty good chance at at least one running.

AlexMerced
08-26-2010, 06:11 PM
How about Nikki Haley from South Carolina? I bet she's far from perfect, but I see potential

oyarde
08-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I will check them out. i am not impressed with bachman! thanks! i hope the gop reads the writing on the wall!

Bachman is not polished and would have trouble debating.Pence would not have trouble with that. Ryan understands economics I think. Mitch has some dirty laundry that could come out from when he worked in the private sector. I bet any one of them could beat Obama today if there was an election. R. Pauls platform exactly would only be had by him.I will vote for him , but he will scare some independants and Reagan democrats that the others could carry.What we have to do is get ourselves a real congress .

tnvoter
08-26-2010, 07:36 PM
John Duncan Jr., Rep of TN, he voted against the Iraq war (also a republican) and is a friend of his.

libertybrewcity
08-26-2010, 07:39 PM

Bachman is a social conservative nutcase, and Paul Ryan voted for the bailouts.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Walter Jones is good (On Foreign Policy at least). Anyone know his economic and socially political views?

libertybrewcity
08-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Bachman is not polished and would have trouble debating.Pence would not have trouble with that. Ryan understands economics I think. Mitch has some dirty laundry that could come out from when he worked in the private sector. I bet any one of them could beat Obama today if there was an election. R. Pauls platform exactly would only be had by him.I will vote for him , but he will scare some independants and Reagan democrats that the others could carry.What we have to do is get ourselves a real congress .

He has lead among independents in most, if not all, polls that have been taken. Youth would probably turnout in droves as well as Arab Americans, Gays, and Hispanics once they understand the message. The anti-war crowd might turn as well.

I am probably missing many groups, but this wouldn't be a normal election by any means. The Republicans FOR ONCE would be very competitive with the minority groups.

libertybrewcity
08-26-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't know a whole lot about Reagan Democrats, but I assume they are democrats because of social issues, but "Reagan" because of the small government, low taxes aspect. That would be a win for Ron Paul.

trey4sports
08-26-2010, 07:48 PM
i hate to burst everyones bubble but 50% of america will automatically dismiss anyone who wants to end the drug war, phase out social security, withdraw from the U.N. and other things. While im hopeful that we can get 20% accross the board in the primary i'm highly highly doubtful we win the nomination without some kind of super-grassroots organization. I'm talking 10 to 1 our volunteers to the other volunteers as well as a 5x money advantage.

Brett
08-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Paul Ryan voted for the bailout.

Governor of Indiana Mitch Daniels seems to be okay.

Paul Ryan voted for it because of how he thought it was going to be interpreted: A loan repaid directly back to the government, then used in the form of taxcuts.

besides, that vote is the only flaw of his I can find. Otherwise he's a new, young face who has proposed actual ideas and pisses off the right people. He'd be a wonderful VP choice for RP.

oyarde
08-26-2010, 08:09 PM
i hate to burst everyones bubble but 50% of america will automatically dismiss anyone who wants to end the drug war, phase out social security, withdraw from the U.N. and other things. While im hopeful that we can get 20% accross the board in the primary i'm highly highly doubtful we win the nomination without some kind of super-grassroots organization. I'm talking 10 to 1 our volunteers to the other volunteers as well as a 5x money advantage.

Yes that is the kicker.Half right off the top will not support the spending cuts needed.We will have to get that with a congress.

oyarde
08-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Paul Ryan voted for it because of how he thought it was going to be interpreted: A loan repaid directly back to the government, then used in the form of taxcuts.

besides, that vote is the only flaw of his I can find. Otherwise he's a new, young face who has proposed actual ideas and pisses off the right people. He'd be a wonderful VP choice for RP.

I agree that he has very few negatives, and he would attract votes.

djdellisanti4
08-26-2010, 08:17 PM
We'll if all this falls apart (2012)

JUSTIN AMASH 2016!

oyarde
08-26-2010, 08:18 PM
We'll if all this falls apart (2012)

JUSTIN AMASH 2016!

Hopefully it will not fall apart.

GunnyFreedom
08-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Walter Jones is good (On Foreign Policy at least). Anyone know his economic and socially political views?

It's hard to say, Jones seems to have had a "come to Jesus" moment around 2003-2004. Most of the track records available on the internet goes back to 1995, and he was awfully neo-connish and social connish from 1995 to 2002.

I know he voted against PATRIOT in 2005, I know he took up the RLC position on the War On Drugs in 2000 after taking a drug warrior stance in 1999.

Most of the records you will find on him are deeply mixed because they go back to 1995, but if you mark his positions by date, you can see real growth from total statist neocon socialcon in 1995 into damn near total Ron Paul in 2010. The movement seems to have started in 2000. he still has some quite rough edges. For example, he voted for an 2009 "antirecession stimulus" which of course id obviously an ugliness.

But the part I really like is that his growth is almost entirely in one direction. He doesn't actually waver back and forth so much, but moves in the direction of real liberty with a couple flyers and outliers along the way.

I think that as long as we can keep Ron Paul at his elbow, then he'll be the next best thing to a Ron Paul clone by 2012-2014.

Agorism
08-26-2010, 09:05 PM
I like Paul for other reasons beyond just his generic stances. He won't accept congressional penchant and refused federal student loans. He also has made statements favorably of anarchists on some of his motorhome diaries videos and also doesn't seen the need for the president to have a LARGE standing army. He opposes the department of energy (who funds all our nukes.) He doesn't support keeping info classified as well.

Hes all round anti-government whereas the others just want to integrate into the beast by using liberty supporters to get there and get all those goodies.

PS_ I can't stand Paul Ryan.

Brett
08-26-2010, 09:55 PM
I like Paul for other reasons beyond just his generic stances. He won't accept congressional penchant and refused federal student loans. He also has made statements favorably of anarchists on some of his motorhome diaries videos and also doesn't seen the need for the president to have a LARGE standing army. He opposes the department of energy (who funds all our nukes.) He doesn't support keeping info classified as well.

Hes all round anti-government whereas the others just want to integrate into the beast by using liberty supporters to get there and get all those goodies.

PS_ I can't stand Paul Ryan.

Paul Ryan reads Ayn Rand, supports the general theory of government being a negative entity, etc. Why can't you stand him?

low preference guy
08-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Paul Ryan reads Ayn Rand, supports the general theory of government being a negative entity, etc. Why can't you stand him?

bailout voter, maybe?

libertybrewcity
08-26-2010, 10:08 PM

50% of America automatically dismisses the other half anyways. This isn't new.

Ron Paul does have super grassroots organization. It will only increase in efficiency and size by 2011 and 2012.

libertybrewcity
08-26-2010, 10:10 PM

That doesn't mean anything.

A vote for the bailouts is still government spending. It is still placing faith in the 'two big to fail' idea that has destroyed the country. I don't care how he interpreted it. The fact of the matter is that he did what he did, and he is responsible for it.

low preference guy
08-26-2010, 10:12 PM
That doesn't mean anything.

A vote for the bailouts is still government spending. It is still placing faith in the 'two big to fail' idea that has destroyed the country. I don't care how he interpreted it. The fact of the matter is that he did what he did, and he is responsible for it.

If he was fooled, then he should be kicked out of office for being fooled so easily.

libertybrewcity
08-26-2010, 10:13 PM

So what if he reads Ayn Rand. Alan Greenspan read Ayn Rand and actually knew her, yet he still contributed to disastrous fed policies.

I bet some democrats read Ayn Rand.

That is a very weak argument for why we should support him. He voted for the bailouts, and he cannot be trusted. What else would he do if given the opportunity?

libertybrewcity
08-26-2010, 10:14 PM
If he was fooled, then he should be kicked out of office for being fooled so easily.

He should be voted out, but the people in Racine and Kenosha, and other parts of the district love the man.

ChaosControl
08-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Only people would be some obscure congressman or former congressman. And they have far less of a chance than RP. If RP doesn't run, I think all resources should be focused on local races rather than the presidency.

AuH20
08-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Too bad there are no young Pat Buchanans around to capture this anti-government fervor. My dream candidate would be a Paul-Buchanan hybrid (half libertarian/half paleocon), which Goldwater very much was. Buchanan in retrospect should have focused more on monetary issues as opposed to constantly hammering cultural issues, and Ron should show more of a backbone when articulating policy points. He's too goddamn docile and sometimes stumbles into the dreaded anti-American box when trying to explain the pitfalls of American foreign policy. Toughness is actually what I like about his son. His son has that gleam in his eye of a forceful leader, who's not afraid to pulverize his opponent. Make no mistake about it, the ophthalmologist is a rabble rouser. In this ongoing political journey, Ron very well may be John the Baptist and Rand the chosen one. :D I hope so.

erowe1
08-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Paul Ryan voted for the bailout.

And Medicare part D, and No Child Left Behind, and the Iraq War. Straight down the list of major votes, he's proven himself a party-line establishment Republican. He sometimes talks the talk, but he never walks the walk.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-27-2010, 07:12 AM
Paul Ryan is a statist. I can't believe anyone here is fooled by that charlatan. I think Jim Forsythe, and others in local and state seats fit Ron Paul more than anyone nationally.

kahless
08-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Too bad there are no young Pat Buchanans around to capture this anti-government fervor. My dream candidate would be a Paul-Buchanan hybrid (half libertarian/half paleocon), which Goldwater very much was. Buchanan in retrospect should have focused more on monetary issues as opposed to constantly hammering cultural issues, and Ron should show more of a backbone when articulating policy points. He's too goddamn docile and sometimes stumbles into the dreaded anti-American box when trying to explain the pitfalls of American foreign policy. Toughness is actually what I like about his son. His son has that gleam in his eye of a forceful leader, who's not afraid to pulverize his opponent. Make no mistake about it, the ophthalmologist is a rabble rouser. In this ongoing political journey, Ron very well may be John the Baptist and Rand the chosen one. :D I hope so.

^This

oyarde
08-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Only people would be some obscure congressman or former congressman. And they have far less of a chance than RP. If RP doesn't run, I think all resources should be focused on local races rather than the presidency.

I agree that the most important thing is your local congressman. That is where the nonsense can be stopped. Stop it there.

oyarde
08-27-2010, 02:02 PM
And Medicare part D, and No Child Left Behind, and the Iraq War. Straight down the list of major votes, he's proven himself a party-line establishment Republican. He sometimes talks the talk, but he never walks the walk.

Well , I cannot think of any other gop that would not have been with The Iraq.So there is always going to be that. Medicare part D would be something to be ashamed of, disgraceful , but irrelevent in the next election because you are running against the health bill.