PDA

View Full Version : (video) Peter Schiff on MSNBC: U.S. Is Dragging Down The World Economy!

TheBlackPeterSchiff
08-25-2010, 06:52 PM
YouTube - U.S. Is Dragging Down The World Economy! Peter Schiff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEA8q3E0m8s)

Schiff is back!

messana
08-25-2010, 07:25 PM
"Too bad Congress can't tax stupidity because if they could, they'd balance the budget."

Awesome.

Libertydad88
08-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Killer interview...

:cool:

ViniVidiVici
08-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Good stuff

libertybrewcity
08-25-2010, 07:54 PM
"too bad congress can't tax stupidity because if they could, they'd balance the budget."

awesome.

hahahaha

awake
08-25-2010, 08:06 PM
"Too bad Congress can't tax stupidity because if they could, they'd balance the budget."

Awesome.

Pfft... you would be running exponential year over year budget surpluses.

muzzled dogg
08-25-2010, 08:26 PM
^^^ so tru

LibertyVox
08-25-2010, 08:53 PM
China: US is too big to fail.

haaaylee
08-25-2010, 09:13 PM

Awesome.

Reminds me of the time Austin's ex Mayor Kirk Watson said "I wish they'd just put a tax on 'dumb' and get it over with." when mocking Rick Perry's various school funding programs. So good!

crazyfacedjenkins
08-25-2010, 09:19 PM
China: US is too big to fail.

China is to the US what the US was to Britain after WWII.

Suez Crisis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis#Financial_pressure)

The United States also put financial pressure on Great Britain to end the invasion. Because the Bank of England had lost $50 million (US) between 30 October and 2 November, and England's oil supply had been damaged by the closing of the Suez Canal, the "British treasury requested an immediate standby credit from the International Monetary Fund (IMF)". The United States "denied the support" while Britain did not adhere to a cease fire agreement.[44] Eisenhower in fact ordered his Secretary of the Treasury, George M. Humphrey, to prepare to sell part of the US Government's Sterling Bond holdings. The Government held these bonds in part to aid post war Britain’s economy (during the Cold War), and as partial payment of Britain’s enormous World War II debt to the US Government, American corporations, and individuals. It was also part of the overall effort of Marshall Plan aid, in the rebuilding of the Western European economies.

Britain's then Chancellor of the Exchequer, Harold Macmillan, advised his Prime Minister, Anthony Eden, that the United States was fully prepared to carry out this threat. He also warned his Prime Minister that Britain's foreign exchange reserves simply could not sustain the devaluation of the pound that would come after the United States' actions; and that within weeks of such a move, the country would be unable to import the food and energy supplies needed simply to sustain the population on the islands.

Furthermore, in concert with U.S. actions Saudi Arabia started an oil embargo against Britain and France. The U.S. refused to fill the gap until Britain and France agreed to a rapid withdrawal. The other NATO members refused to sell oil they received from Arab nations to Britain or France.

LibertyVox
08-25-2010, 09:30 PM
China is to the US what the US was to Britain after WWII.

Suez Crisis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis#Financial_pressure)

:mad::mad:THE DAY I'LL BE LECTURED ON WHAT TO DO BY THEM CHINESE AND BE DICTATED ON THE FOREIGN POLICie..........
no no no I'm sorry, please don't leave...I love DimSum, in fact only last night I had sum and then sum....wo daoqian sincerely. xiexie.....

whew

BenIsForRon
08-25-2010, 11:17 PM
As much as I hate to not see Schiff running a general election senate campaign, I'm glad to have him back on TV.

Kregisen
08-25-2010, 11:31 PM
How the hell did this man not win a senate primary???

tjeffersonsghost
08-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Peter Schiff is a better communicator than Obama I feel. He takes complex issues and explains them so any idiot can understand. That is one of the reasons I have always admired the guy. You have these harvard professors on tv and he puts them to shame using common sense, words, and phrases anyone can understand.