PDA

View Full Version : RNC Chair Ken Mehlman: I'm Gay

Agorism
08-25-2010, 06:09 PM
He announced that he is gay and that
“(Islamic jihad is )the greatest anti-gay force in the world right now.”

Ken Mehlman obviously hid his sexuality in the interest of fighting homophobia on a global scale indirectly by promoting the war on terror.

Secret genius at work here, and extreme sacrifice he had to do in order to support Bush social policies that he secretly opposed but knew he had to support in order to fight Jihad.

YouTube - The Steve Miller Band The Joker and lyrics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yle1USyhCY&feature=search)

and a mailer he backed
http://www.steveclemons.com/GOPMailer.htm

http://www.steveclemons.com/GOPMailer_files/image001.jpg

FrankRep
08-25-2010, 06:15 PM
More...

ABC: Former RNC Chairman is Gay, Will Support Gay Marriage
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/08/former-rnc-chairman-is-gay-will-support-gay-marriage.html

Raw Story: Bush-Cheney campaign pressured papers to keep campaign manager’s sexuality secret
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/0825/flashback-bushcheney-campaign-pressured-papers-reporting-mehlmans-sexuality/

Get the Popcorn! Watch the fireworks.

RedStripe
08-25-2010, 06:16 PM
lmao

The Republican party, for all it's faults, sure does know how to entertain.

PS: “(Islamic jihad is )the greatest anti-gay force in the world right now.” Man, adding insult to injury to the GOP (suggesting they are no longer #1)

Matt Collins
08-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Who care's? Why does his preference even matter at all, especially when it was kept private. Why do people feel the need to wear it on their sleeve?

In other news, the GOP just alienated a ton of social-cons (which isn't a bad thing for various reasons).

nate895
08-25-2010, 06:48 PM
If this doesn't convince everyone Bush as a total douchebag deceiver once-and-for-all, then I doubt the risen Christ knocking on their door to tell them personally could do that.

specsaregood
08-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Ken Mehlman obviously hid his sexuality in the interest of fighting homophobia on a global scale indirectly by promoting the war on terror.

Interesting.... if all the war mongers turn out to be closet gays, this would support Pete_00's views on the subject, yes?

Related? Note:
http://dailycaller.com/2010/08/24/wnd-editor-appears-on-gay-themed-radio-show-to-blast-ann-coulter-for-speaking-to-gay-conservatives/

For a guy who says he plans to fight “the homosexual agenda” “until the last breath” and thinks God will “collapse” America for accepting gay marriage, WorldNetDaily editor Joseph Farah sure has been doing a lot of gay media lately.

Farah appeared on two radio shows that are hosted by gay talk show personalities this week to blast Ann Coulter for headlining an upcoming party sponsored by GOProud, an organization that represents gay conservatives. Farah dropped Coulter from a speaking engagement at WND’s annual conference in September because of her involvement with GOProud. Coulter retorted last week by calling Farah a “swine” and a “publicity whore.”

In response, Farah appeared on The Steve Yuhas Show Sunday and then gave an interview to host Michelangelo Signorile on Sirius’ gay themed channel, “OutQ” the next day. Farah told Signorile that he was fed up with the conservative movement, and criticized conservatives for embracing members of the gay community who share beliefs on issues like taxes, health care and the role of government.

“This is my beef with conservatism: it’s always losing ground,” Farah told Signorile. “That’s why I don’t consider myself a conservative.”

LibertyVox
08-25-2010, 07:18 PM
interesting.... If all the war mongers turn out to be closet gays, this would support pete_00's views on the subject, yes?

related? Note:
http://dailycaller.com/2010/08/24/wnd-editor-appears-on-gay-themed-radio-show-to-blast-ann-coulter-for-speaking-to-gay-conservatives/

omfg! Lolz!!!

LibertyVox
08-25-2010, 07:20 PM
But wait, I think as long as they remain hidden in the closet they'll keep posing a major health hazard tot he world. Let them all come out. The Devolution is complete. May peace prevail.

YouTube - How to conince cogres to go to war (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMcJTSQ-hk8&feature=related)

zach
08-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Let the hypocrisy come out.

oyarde
08-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Who care's? Why does his preference even matter at all, especially when it was kept private. Why do people feel the need to wear it on their sleeve?

In other news, the GOP just alienated a ton of social-cons (which isn't a bad thing for various reasons).

Who cares is right . Could not keep that to himself ?

Brett85
08-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I have a huge announcement to make: I'm straight.

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 07:47 PM
let me get this right we now have a gay islamaphobia(spelling?) republican , this is better then the log cabin republicans sucking the other off in the parking lot of the colorado convention. Man the gop is more entertaining then oprah winfrey show! my first republican convention and i pull up and park and look over and what do i see. you don't want to know!

rprprs
08-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Interesting.... if all the war mongers turn out to be closet gays, this would support Pete_00's views on the subject, yes?

Yes, indeed it would...lol. Good catch.
But that's a pretty big 'IF'.
And, of course, they'd all have to turn out to be of the "Butch" variety. :D

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 07:52 PM

well alot of Christian right republicans believe being gay is a choice? you sure you are not bi but choose to be straight? just wondered? sarcasm

Agorism
08-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Ken Mehlman has an announcement for gay activists:

YouTube - RickRoll'D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Now go fight against Jihad

YouTube - Now watch this drive! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3p9y_OEAdc&feature=search)

And watch this drive

LibertyVox
08-25-2010, 07:54 PM
let me get this right we now have a gay islamaphobia(spelling?) republican , this is better then the log cabin republicans sucking the other off in the parking lot of the colorado convention. Man the gop is more entertaining then oprah winfrey show! my first republican convention and i pull up and park and look over and what do i see. you don't want to know!

oh as opposed to Jerry Springer?

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 07:56 PM
just curious is he really gay or bi or straight and just chooses to be one or the other at a certain time? is it possible he really is bi and chooses to be straight or he is denying he is bi and is possibly straight gay and bi? he can't just be gay since it is a choice. you can choose to be anything on a given day if some don't believe it is genetic! am i confusing anyone yet?

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 07:58 PM
oh as opposed to Jerry Springer?

haha jerry springer show totally forgot about that show;)

Brett85
08-25-2010, 07:59 PM
well alot of Christian right republicans believe being gay is a choice? you sure you are not bi but choose to be straight? just wondered? sarcasm

I think it has more to do with the environment that people grow up in, but I don't really want to get into a big drawn out argument about that.

specsaregood
08-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes, indeed it would...lol. Good catch.
But that's a pretty big 'IF'.
And, of course, they'd all have to turn out to be of the "Butch" variety. :D

I'm thinking maybe we should embrace Pete's views in so far as pushing the meme that if you like war mongering and foreign interventionism, then it indicates that you are in fact gay.
Imagine it:
Neocon: "We gotta kill em over there so we don't have to kill em here!"
RPF: "Are you gay?"
Neocon: "No, why would you say that, you yellow-bellied hippie"
RPF: "Well, throughout history it is the gays that have held your point of view so I figured it was worth asking. Are you sure you aren't gay? "
Neocon: "FFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

squarepusher
08-25-2010, 08:01 PM
just curious is he really gay or bi or straight and just chooses to be one or the other at a certain time? is it possible he really is bi and chooses to be straight or he is denying he is bi and is possibly straight gay and bi? he can't just be gay since it is a choice. you can choose to be anything on a given day if some don't believe it is genetic! am i confusing anyone yet?

he stated to a local newspaper that in fact he was hard gay

YouTube - Hard Gay - Father's Day (Subtitled) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwEsKQRHxE)

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 08:11 PM
he stated to a local newspaper that in fact he was hard gay

YouTube - Hard Gay - Father's Day (Subtitled) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwEsKQRHxE)

i know i was being sarcastic. there are a few folks that think people choose to be gay. I think it is genetic! though he did choose to hide he was gay! it is all in the genes just like all other mathematical possiblities people can be born with!! honestly if being gay is a choice, then technically speaking that makes everyone bi-sexual but they choose to be straight gay or bi-sexual!

LibertyVox
08-25-2010, 08:22 PM

Why can't he just be bi-curious?

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Why can't he just be bi-curious?

i was just trying to make the point that it is genetics not choice. It is beyond me how folks think they are going to choose to do something they are not into!! I firmly believe your sex preference is genetic nothing else. on that note everyone is born with genetics! if you go the biblical route . that would men god made genetics! this would mean many folks in religion would have to re-evaluate their man made writings on what god intends. if it is genetics it would mean under god's law he intended everything he created but hey being gay is a choice. That would mean everyone is bi-sexual but chooses to be gay,bi-curious,straight and bi-sexual! That is too much for the religious blind or anyone that thinks being gay is a choice!!

LibertyVox
08-25-2010, 08:44 PM
i was just trying to make the point that it is genetics not choice. It is beyond me how folks think they are going to choose to do something they are not into!! I firmly believe your sex preference is genetic nothing else. on that note everyone is born with genetics! if you go the biblical route . that would men god made genetics! this would mean many folks in religion would have to re-evaluate their man made writings on what god intends. if it is genetics it would mean under god's law he intended everything he created! but hey being gay is a choice, that would mean everyone is bi-sexual but chooses to be gay,bi-curious,straight and bi-sexual! that is to much for the religious blind or anyone that thinks being gay is a choice!!

Buddy. I depart from you with the genetics argument. That argument should not even be invoked as the primary reason for why people are homosexual.
While I am open to the idea that some folks might be born with an unusual brain pattern which would make them totally averse to getting it on with a member of the opposite sex, I don't think the percentage of such individuals is as high as the oft quoted 10%.
People indulge in homosexuality because of many reasons. Ever been to a unisex Catholic school? How about Jails and Military Barracks? I mean they don't call sailor boys seamen for no reason you know?
I believe there is an entire spectrum of sexual fluidity among humans.
Our closest relatives in the animal kingdom the bonobos have the highest rate of fluid sexual encounters serving a variety of purposes in the animal kingdom.

So the aversion to homosexuality in a moral and societal context is like many things one of human aesthetics. And in our society it is viewed more or less with contempt given that most of us follow middle eastern cultural and religious tradition. But not all societies find the arrangement horrible nor all have the same definition of sexuality.

So from a pure reason and logical point of view the side arguing against homosexuality as unnatural or immoral would be on the losing side. It is for that reason try not to bring in biology as the prime argument to absolve that segment of humanity which indulges in such activity.

LibertyVox
08-25-2010, 08:47 PM
such activity.

meaning back door banditry
carpet munching
pole smoking
bridge and tunneling
rug stretching
etc etc....

BTW, does any one even remember when being gay meant being happy?
So like now, a gay person can't be miserable?

huhhh.........oqay.......uhoh

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 08:52 PM
i stand with genetics as their sexual preference! bottom line

i guess i could wake up tomorrow and decide i want dick i guess! sorry i think it is all genetics! people are born gay or bi-sexual or straight. I just do not believe you wake up one day and decide you want some muffin or dick instead of what you liked before!!! it is all preference and it all boild down to genetics and what you like!

LibertyVox
08-25-2010, 08:59 PM

i guess i could wake up tomorrow and decide i want dick i guess! sorry i think it is all genetics! people are born gay or bi-sexual or straight. I just do not believe you wake up one day and decide you want some muffin or dick instead of what you liked before!!! it is all preference and it all boild down to genetics and what you like!

The answer lies in brain patterning and the environment (including the individuals circumstances, experiences etc.. in short as with any sexuality, except that the traditional sexuality is so easily and readily available and livable that most people just get on with the programme. ) IMHO.
I don't think a gay gene has been discovered yet. I think the answer lies in studying the brain.

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 09:00 PM
The answer lies in brain patterning and the environment (including the individuals circumstances, experiences etc.. in short as with any sexuality, except that the traditional sexuality is so easily and readily available and livable that most people just get on with the programme. ) IMHO.
I don't think a gay gene has been discovered yet. I think the answer lies in studying the brain.

We will agree to disagree! I could be around gay folks all day long or for all my life. The only thing i will become is a straight lesbian;)

LibertyVox
08-25-2010, 09:07 PM
We will agree to disagree! I could be around gay folks all day long or for all my life. The only thing i will become is a straight lesbian;)

Of course!! +101

Imagine how much festive and happy the World Cup would've been had he been the referee?

YouTube - Funny Gay Referee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x4T4i--x70)

Matt Collins
08-25-2010, 09:13 PM
YouTube - I Don't Care (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygKHdv19Kk)

jmdrake
08-25-2010, 09:30 PM

Well if he's using his sexual preference as an excuse to push for war that is an issue. That said, it's funny that a certain hyper conservative lady we both know with her on mailing list was recently pushing the idea that the "Wikileaks treason" (her words) was because some soldier was gay. I wonder what she'll think of this?

ChaosControl
08-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Why do these fruit cakes feel the need to tell the world about their personal lives?

I never had to make some stupid announcement "I like girls". I just lived my life.

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Why do these fruit cakes feel the need to tell the world about their personal lives?

I never had to make some stupid announcement "I like girls". I just lived my life.

snowboarding women?? hehe

jmdrake
08-26-2010, 05:01 AM

Well the American Psychological Association disagrees with you.

http://www.apa.org/topics/sexuality/sorientation.pdf
There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have
emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

Why did the APA and the scientific community drop the "gay gene" claim? Because it was based on junk science. Why was the claim made in the first place? Because of political motivation. People choose to do a lot of things that may go against social norms and that they weren't "born" doing. And? That's just human nature. Look at Drew Barrymore. One year she was straight. The next year she was bisexual. The next year she was straight again. There was no mention of any "religious conversion". Hollywood certainly puts not social pressure on anyone to quit being gay. The only logical conclusion is that she had some choice in the matter.

ibaghdadi
08-26-2010, 05:46 AM
Ken Mehlman obviously hid his sexuality in the interest of fighting homophobia on a global scale indirectly by promoting the war on terror... to fight Jihad.
I dislike this twist/assertion.

Mind you, I'm not disputing that Islamic jihad thinks homosexuality is sinful. But why should it even be an issue except if you want to take the argument further by saying that "they will attack us because we have same sex marriages" and hence become an argument for perpetual war and "we should kill them there before they kill all gays here..."

It's the same old neocon BS.

furface
08-26-2010, 06:58 AM
I dislike this twist/assertion.

Mind you, I'm not disputing that Islamic jihad thinks homosexuality is sinful. But why should it even be an issue except if you want to take the argument further by saying that "they will attack us because we have same sex marriages" and hence become an argument for perpetual war and "we should kill them there before they kill all gays here..."

It's the same old neocon BS.

I hear a lot of the "treatment of gays" rationalization among warmongers. I could be wrong, but I see a big connection between political homosexuality and neoconservatism. It comes from the same mold, which is that we have a right to violently force our view of right and wrong on other people. Ken Mehlman is no exception to this.

RCA
08-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Fix your thread title. It's former RNC Chair.

Pennsylvania
08-26-2010, 07:39 AM
That mailer is too funny. What's god gonna do if folks don't vote r'publican? poor poor helpless lil feller..

Slutter McGee
08-26-2010, 07:45 AM

Because being straight is socially acceptable and being gay often is not. In many communities it is necessary for somebody to hide their sexual orientation, creating the need for coming out and forcing the issue of acceptance or rejection based on truth rather than a lie.

***** haters are the ones responsible for gays telling the world about their personal lives.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

erowe1
08-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Because being straight is socially acceptable and being gay often is not. In many communities it is necessary for somebody to hide their sexual orientation, creating the need for coming out and forcing the issue of acceptance or rejection based on truth rather than a lie.

***** haters are the ones responsible for gays telling the world about their personal lives.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Isn't there a third option of neither lying about it nor issuing press releases about it?

Slutter McGee
08-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Isn't there a third option of neither lying about it nor issuing press releases about it?

See, thats the thing. All the homophobic jerkoffs have created an atmosphere where you have to lie....or you might not advance at your job. You certainly can't got out on a date without it becoming known. And so when it comes time to let it be known...you pretty much have to let everyone know. We have turned it into a big deal. A right of passage.

If we stopped caring who is in love with who, then we wouldn't have created the issue.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

jmdrake
08-26-2010, 09:06 AM
I hear a lot of the "treatment of gays" rationalization among warmongers. I could be wrong, but I see a big connection between political homosexuality and neoconservatism. It comes from the same mold, which is that we have a right to violently force our view of right and wrong on other people. Ken Mehlman is no exception to this.

Irving Krystol defined neoconservatism as a "liberal mugged by reality". Imagine if Bush had sold the GWOT as to "make the world safe for homosexuality"? Now that the dems are in control, and conservatives are increasingly jumping OFF the war wagon. Also nowadays you see liberals selling the GWOT in terms of "woman's rights". (http://rawstory.com/2009/10/report-code-pink-rethinking-anti-afghan-war-stance/)

erowe1
08-26-2010, 09:11 AM
And so when it comes time to let it be known...you pretty much have to let everyone know.

I get why they would want to keep it secret. I just don't get how this part of your reasoning follows from the rest. If what you mean by "let everyone know" is "make an explicit public announcement," then I don't see why.

We don't see that with other secrets that society rightly or wrongly sees as vices. I mean an alcoholic or sex addict who's in the public eye might need to make an announcement after their secret becomes known. But in those cases, it would pretty much always be an announcement to say they're seeking help or something, not an announcement to say, "This is what I am, and what I intend to stay, and I expect you to respect it." While there are surely people in those categories who have that unrepentant attitude, they generally don't make a deliberate point of declaring it.

erowe1
08-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Irving Krystol defined neoconservatism as a "liberal mugged by reality". Imagine if Bush had sold the GWOT as to "make the world safe for homosexuality"? Now that the dems are in control, and conservatives are increasingly jumping OFF the war wagon. Also nowadays you see liberals selling the GWOT in terms of "woman's rights". (http://rawstory.com/2009/10/report-code-pink-rethinking-anti-afghan-war-stance/)

I think this would be a good thing. It's probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love to see a political realignment, with one liberal big-government world-policing party, and the other a conservative small-government genuinely humble-foreign-policy party. It makes perfect sense to me theoretically, but I don't see it coming about.

Sola_Fide
08-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Is Ken cute?

jmdrake
08-26-2010, 10:01 AM
I think this would be a good thing. It's probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love to see a political realignment, with one liberal big-government world-policing party, and the other a conservative small-government genuinely humble-foreign-policy party. It makes perfect sense to me theoretically, but I don't see it coming about.

Oh I don't think there will be a complete realignment. But a partial realignment has already happened. How far it goes and what happens next partially depends on us.

lester1/2jr
08-26-2010, 10:10 AM
check out the documentary "outrage" about gay republicans

speciallyblend
08-26-2010, 10:14 AM
See, thats the thing. All the homophobic jerkoffs have created an atmosphere where you have to lie....or you might not advance at your job. You certainly can't got out on a date without it becoming known. And so when it comes time to let it be known...you pretty much have to let everyone know. We have turned it into a big deal. A right of passage.

If we stopped caring who is in love with who, then we wouldn't have created the issue.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

you can thank the bushies and and the right-wingers for that one for sure!! watch out you could be gay tomorrow;) if you listen to elton john you could be gay(sarcasm) i am so scared :( i could be gay in a second omg! runs outsides and screams:) help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aratus
08-26-2010, 02:02 PM
More...

ABC: Former RNC Chairman is Gay, Will Support Gay Marriage
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/08/former-rnc-chairman-is-gay-will-support-gay-marriage.html

Raw Story: Bush-Cheney campaign pressured papers to keep campaign manager’s sexuality secret
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/0825/flashback-bushcheney-campaign-pressured-papers-reporting-mehlmans-sexuality/

Get the Popcorn! Watch the fireworks.

yep... them there log cabins out on the frontier
and them there hunter's shacks sometimes did
not have "wimmin" in them at tymes i do opine!

tnvoter
08-26-2010, 03:19 PM
This reminds me of that time in the news someone said Ricky Martin came out of closet.

"I thought he did that years ago"