PDA

View Full Version : (Ron) Paul Mauled

knarfxii
08-25-2010, 02:41 PM
http://garnetspy.com/2010/08/25/paul-mauled/

A couple of days ago, I posted “Marking Up the GOP’s 2012 Contenders,” my thoughts on what I believed to be the most viable Republican ticket to challenge Barack Obama in the next presidential election.

The response has been both amazing and troubling. I didn’t reference Texas Congressman Dr. Ron Paul, an oversight that was neither intentional nor malicious. I agree with most of Dr. Paul’s policies and philosophies and I wish more candidates had his passion for what he believes is right. My omisson of him from the 2012 debate was based solely only electability on a national scale, not his politics.

Nonetheless, this omission led to a wave of comments launched from several Ron Paul websites and bulletin boards. “NEED HELP Comments requested RON PAUL left out again!” “They are already pulling this CRAP!” (“They?”) I’ve included some of the more colorful ones below.

The point of my original post was to emphasize that to successfully contend for the presidency, the GOP needs someone who has enough electoral wherewithal to counter the Obama machine and its liberal network. Despite the enthusiasm of his supporters, I just don’t believe Dr. Paul can do it.

Kregisen
08-25-2010, 03:01 PM
I respectfully disagree and seriously believe Ron Paul has the BEST shot to beat Obama...it's up to 1/3 of the Republican party if they choose to vote for him over OBama or not. (when rasmussen polled him 41% to Obama's 42%, only reason he wasn't beating obama by 5+ points was due to republicans, probably because of name recognition....something that wouldn't occur in the election if he were to win the nomination)

He takes the majority of Independents and steals quite a few democrats too.

What other republican will do that? Gingrich?

Palin = unelectable

Huckabee = unelectable

Romney = hard to beat obama when you have universal healthcare in your own state

Ron Paul easily has the best chance out of all Republicans to became president because his views align much more with the rest of the country (stances like getting government out of marriage, drugs, END THE WARS)

Every other republican running for president supports both wars, and is anti-gay marriage.

Like it or not, that's not gonna win over the independents or any democrats.

djdellisanti4
08-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Well Paul polled very well among independents when he was matched against Obama. So one can make the case that Ron Paul can beat Obama, is the republican primary that will be tough. By making an article or blogpost or whatever and not including Paul, you might have unintentionally convinced some people that he is not worth voting for in any election.

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 03:22 PM
http://garnetspy.com/2010/08/25/paul-mauled/

A couple of days ago, I posted “Marking Up the GOP’s 2012 Contenders,” my thoughts on what I believed to be the most viable Republican ticket to challenge Barack Obama in the next presidential election.

The response has been both amazing and troubling. I didn’t reference Texas Congressman Dr. Ron Paul, an oversight that was neither intentional nor malicious. I agree with most of Dr. Paul’s policies and philosophies and I wish more candidates had his passion for what he believes is right. My omisson of him from the 2012 debate was based solely only electability on a national scale, not his politics.

Nonetheless, this omission led to a wave of comments launched from several Ron Paul websites and bulletin boards. “NEED HELP Comments requested RON PAUL left out again!” “They are already pulling this CRAP!” (“They?”) I’ve included some of the more colorful ones below.

The point of my original post was to emphasize that to successfully contend for the presidency, the GOP needs someone who has enough electoral wherewithal to counter the Obama machine and its liberal network. Despite the enthusiasm of his supporters, I just don’t believe Dr. Paul can do it.

Ron paul is the only one that will win in general election. the rest of the gop candidates are useless. I sense the gop is gonna lose in 2012 unless they nominate Ron Paul, not alot of options in the gop!

newbitech
08-25-2010, 03:25 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4927153111_6d98a51b85.jpg