Kludge
08-25-2010, 02:24 PM
e.o.m.

Acala
08-25-2010, 02:28 PM
End government schools.

LibertyMage
08-25-2010, 02:31 PM
The school should be able to make its own policy. People should be able to select their school of school from the market of private schools. There should be no corporal punishment in public schools. But then again, there should be no public schools.

ChaosControl
08-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Whatever permission the parent gives.

low preference guy
08-25-2010, 02:39 PM

a joke thread once again brings the insanity out of forum members.

nate895
08-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Spare the rod, spoil the child. Prov. 13:24

teacherone
08-25-2010, 02:44 PM
rule of thumb-- the thickness of the switch shall be thinner than one's thumb.

my dad had sausage fingers so that one didn't save me.

btw kludge is a douchebag.

Danke
08-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Does Mary hit you?

ChaosControl
08-25-2010, 02:57 PM
a joke thread once again brings the insanity out of forum members.

Oh because we should leave it up to the school/government to decide?

oyarde
08-25-2010, 03:01 PM
This is not a serious poll. It is funny. Right now , the three leaders are , never touch them , beat them all you want and douche.

libertybrewcity
08-25-2010, 03:07 PM
no hits ever. Teachers should be arrested for abuse, even in private schools. Hitting is a disgusting practice.

Vessol
08-25-2010, 03:10 PM
beat the suckers all day, non-stop

erowe1
08-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Point of information.

Are these answers about the frequency of hits given to a single child, or the frequency of hits given by one teacher for his whole class?

If it's for a whole class, then easily every day.

If it's for just one kid, then I guess it could run the gamut, just as long as each child, even the nicest most obedient ones, get hit at least once in awhile, since nobody's perfect.

furface
08-25-2010, 03:16 PM
The proper term is "battery." It makes no difference if it's a child or not. In fact hitting children has many more ill social ramifications than hitting adults.

We wonder why we're such a violent culture when we have rules about who we can hit or not.

Stop hitting children and there will be less crime, less wars, less violence.

Anti Federalist
08-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Spankings?

I'm all for it.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:RRrTI995_ti2mM:http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac237/ubercomments_backup2/sexy/271.jpg&t=1

oyarde
08-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Spankings?

I'm all for it.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:RRrTI995_ti2mM:http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac237/ubercomments_backup2/sexy/271.jpg&t=1

nice

furface
08-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Spankings?

I'm all for it.

It's interesting that the idea of consensual assault seems to have the possibility of leading to criminal charges.

http://www.bearpair.com/slavemike/law.htm

In most places, "consent" is a defense to assault. However, you should be aware that consent is not always going to be available as a defense. For example, in the Spanner case, 16 gay men in England doing SM privately were arrested and charged with a number of crimes. Regarding assault charges, the defense of "consent" was raised, but denied by the court on the grounds of "public policy." Basically the court decided that the law should not allow someone to consent to be assaulted. Most interesting of the cases was that of John Atkinson, a bottom, who was convicted solely of having aided and abetted others in his own assault.

The UK is getting to be a pretty scary place when it comes to government invasions of privacy.

http://www.spannertrust.org/

fisharmor
08-25-2010, 03:35 PM
End government schools.

Can't be said enough times.
Poll is irrelevant.

furface
08-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Can't be said enough times.
Poll is irrelevant.

I agree, but please don't bring that up in the context of supporting liberty candidates for public office.

jmdrake
08-25-2010, 04:08 PM

^This. But Kludge didn't give that as an option. So vote "Kludge is a douchebag". :D

Anti Federalist
08-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I agree, but please don't bring that up in the context of supporting liberty candidates for public office.

Wait, wut...???

Is that a verboten topic like 9/11 as well?

:confused:

nate895
08-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Wait, wut...???

I don't get that either. I think we should avoid 9/11 since you can be a liberty-lover and not believe the government had anything to do with 9/11, and so we shouldn't bring up an issue that would unnecessarily divide in the context of a campaign for public office. However, public schooling is an issue on which true liberty-loving individuals must stand together against state involvement.

Anti Federalist
08-25-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't get that either. I think we should avoid 9/11 since you can be a liberty-lover and not believe the government had anything to do with 9/11, and so we shouldn't bring up an issue that would unnecessarily divide in the context of a campaign for public office. However, public schooling is an issue on which true liberty-loving individuals must stand together against state involvement.

I guess ending government schools is a topic too far outside the "mainstream".

I just get confused with all the verbal landmines out there.

I want to be a good mundane and self censor, I'm just confused when and where to do so.

"People of Color"..."Colored People"....acckkkk, halp! :rolleyes:

furface
08-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Wait, wut...???

Just my opinion. I'd love to have a serious debate about the usefulness of government schools. However, anything less than praising the selfless sacrifice of angelic teachers and their unions appears to be political suicide in most places.

I think Ron Paul has a very good shot at the Republican nomination in 2012. If he gets that he can delicately defeat Barrack Obama in November, but he's going to have to be delicate about it. He can't do it if he starts talking about ending social security, medicare, public schools, etc.

Public schools would be a no brainier not to talk about because it's entirely a state issue.

Obviously, say whatever you want. However, I've stood around at public events with RP supporters handing out material and talking. I can tell you what I've found is that if you reign in the conversations to issues that have widespread support like ending foreign wars and ending the fed's printing press for such things, you're going to connect with a lot more people.

If you want to go the election route, there's going to have to be compromises. Elections are not the only way to change things, but certainly if you want to get people elected, they can't say things that will upset 80% of the population. Look at Rand Paul. He's said enough things to piss off 95% of Ron Paul's supporters, but he's still got most of their support.

Dr.3D
08-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Not a valid poll. The options don't reflect discipline but rather how often a teacher should be able to hit a student.

How about, as often as necessary to get the point across such behavior will not be tolerated? When I went to school, corporal punishment was allowed and only twice did I get a swat I didn't deserve.

oyarde
08-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Just my opinion. I'd love to have a serious debate about the usefulness of government schools. However, anything less than praising the selfless sacrifice of angelic teachers and their unions appears to be political suicide in most places.

I think Ron Paul has a very good shot at the Republican nomination in 2012. If he gets that he can delicately defeat Barrack Obama in November, but he's going to have to be delicate about it. He can't do it if he starts talking about ending social security, medicare, public schools, etc.

Public schools would be a no brainier not to talk about because it's entirely a state issue.

Obviously, say whatever you want. However, I've stood around at public events with RP supporters handing out material and talking. I can tell you what I've found is that if you reign in the conversations to issues that have widespread support like ending foreign wars and ending the fed's printing press for such things, you're going to connect with a lot more people.

If you want to go the election route, there's going to have to be compromises. Elections are not the only way to change things, but certainly if you want to get people elected, they can't say things that will upset 80% of the population. Look at Rand Paul. He's said enough things to piss off 95% of Ron Paul's supporters, but he's still got most of their support.

Angelic and unions is not to be used in the same sentence.:D

Anti Federalist
08-25-2010, 06:17 PM
I was being a smart ass in my posts above, I understand your point.

I'm just not inclined to agree, or maybe, not inclined to go along with it, is a better choice of words.

I view three things as being some of the most vital to change/abolish if there is to be any semblance of freedom restored:

War.

Government schooling.

Police abuse.

All three of those "most vital" issues have been wrapped in flags of patriotic gauze, almost impossible to rend without offending the sensibilities of the mundanes.

All three, teachers, cops and soldiers have been placed on pedestals so high as to be almost insurmountable.

But that doesn't stop me from making my position known, to anyone within earshot.;)

heavenlyboy34
08-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Spankings should be given all day by sexy teachers in lingere....the poll asks if "hits" should be used-hits of what? Acid? :confused:

oyarde
08-25-2010, 06:47 PM
I was being a smart ass in my posts above, I understand your point.

I'm just not inclined to agree, or maybe, not inclined to go along with it, is a better choice of words.

I view three things as being some of the most vital to change/abolish if there is to be any semblance of freedom restored:

War.

Government schooling.

Police abuse.

All three of those "most vital" issues have been wrapped in flags of patriotic gauze, almost impossible to rend without offending the sensibilities of the mundanes.

All three, teachers, cops and soldiers have been placed on pedestals so high as to be almost insurmountable.

But that doesn't stop me from making my position known, to anyone within earshot.;)

I know you were just being a smart ass . I thought it was funny . I do not personally know of many teachers or any police that should be put on a pedestal .

jmdrake
08-26-2010, 05:08 AM
Oh because we should leave it up to the school/government to decide?

LPG is a troll. Ignore him.

Working Poor
08-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Spare the rod, spoil the child. Prov. 13:24

The rod is a shepards tool used to guide the sheep and keep it from falling off cliffs., It is not used to beat the sheep with.:cool:

I voted kludge is a douche

RM918
08-26-2010, 06:16 AM
If there were a poll on RPF and the only options were 'Kludge is a douchebag' and 'Ron Paul', who would win?

amy31416
08-26-2010, 06:46 AM
If there were a poll on RPF and the only options were 'Kludge is a douchebag' and 'Ron Paul', who would win?

Only one way to find out....

Slutter McGee
08-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Spankings?

I'm all for it.

Anti-Federalist is pissing me off. Not only am I agreeing with you, but now I am appreciating your posts. Appreciating them very much.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Fredom101
08-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Violence doesn't work.
To add insult to injury, teachers are getting paid with blood money from the state.
They get paid through violence, so violence becomes "no big deal".

Government schools should not exist.