PDA

View Full Version : Department of Justice Lists Survivalists, Constitutionalists in Extremism Guide

Lucille
08-25-2010, 01:40 PM
We are all extremists now.

Department of Justice Lists Survivalists, Constitutionalists in Extremism Guide (http://publicintelligence.net/department-of-justice-lists-survivalists-constitutionalists-in-extremism-guide/)

A recent Department of Justice guide for investigators of criminal and extremist groups lists “constitutionalists” and “survivalists” alongside organizations like Al-Qaeda and the Aryan Brotherhood. The 120-page, “Law Enforcement Sensitive” guide to “Investigating Terrorism and Criminal Extremism – Terms and Concepts” describes itself as “a glossary designed primarily as a tool for criminal justice professionals to enhance their understanding of words relating to extremist terminology, phrases, activities, symbols, organizations, and selected names that they may encounter while conducting criminal investigations or prosecutions of members of extremist organizations.”

Because the MIAC report (http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2009/04/12/homeland-security-document-targets-most-conservatives-and-libertarians-in-the-country/) just wasn't enough.

AuH2O
08-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Is this different from the DHS report that shortly followed MIAC?

Lucille
08-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Is this different from the DHS report that shortly followed MIAC?

I think it is. This one was issued by Do(I)J.

ChaosControl
08-25-2010, 02:19 PM
I consider it an honor.

Slutter McGee
08-25-2010, 02:19 PM
The most interesting article isn't so much that constitutionalists are listed, but rather how they are listed. The term "constitutionalist" is used in conjunction with somebody from the patriot movement.

By using this term, it now associates me with militia members when no real association exists. That doesn't mean I think negatively about militia members, but they do have a more negative connotation in society. And to connect believing in the founding document of our country to "being an extremist" sets dangerous precedent.

Sincerley,

Slutter McGee

Lucille
08-25-2010, 02:22 PM
I started to read the pdf. They also list hard money advocates as extremists.

ChaosControl
08-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Essentially anyone who doesn't blindly support authoritarian centralism and foreign interventionism is an extremist. So your choice, "extremist" or "tool".

AuH2O
08-25-2010, 02:25 PM
FWIW, there is a disclaimer saying that opinions belong to the author and that it doesn't represent official DOJ position.

Tal
08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
nvm

t0rnado
08-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Remember, the British called the Founding Fathers terrorists as well.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Remember, the British called the Founding Fathers terrorists as well.

Terrorists not so much, traitors yes. I don't even think terrorist was in the vernacular during that time period.

Remember Patrick Henry saying "If this be treason, then so be it..."?

phill4paul
08-25-2010, 03:29 PM
"Extremism on defense of liberty is no vise".

If I am labeled thus so be it.

As far as being a "survivalist" then I think that about applies to most U.S. citizens these days so it is a moniker attributed to individuals through their own actions.

"Constitutionalists?" Oh, the horrors.

Each and every one of us, that has been on this board for any length of time, KNOW that the federal government is out of fucking control.

Each and everyone of us here are trying to bring back order from the chaos in a peaceful fashion.

Fuck 'em if they have a problem with that. There is an alternative.

Brian4Liberty
08-25-2010, 03:31 PM
This publication was initially prepared by Mark Pitcavage, Ph.D., in 1998, as a Guide to Common Terms Used by Antigovernment Extremists.

Who wrote it?

Mark Pitcavage - Fact-finding director for the Anti-Defamation League, information source for the SPLC, critic of far right wing groups and a player of the board game Advanced Squad Leader.

He really likes to use the term "Patriot" Movement and then associate it to almost everything...

Constitution Party: A minor, right-wing extremist political party, formerly known as the U.S. Taxpayers Party (USTP), which is one of the primary parties that specifically try to appeal to the “patriot” movement.

Bad Constitution Party!

Constitutionalists: A generic term for members of the “patriot” movement. It is now often used to refer to members of the sovereign citizen or common law court movement. Sometimes the word “constitutionist” is also used.

Those darn "patriots" again.

Council on Foreign Relations(CFR): Along with the Bilderbergers and the Trilateral Commission, one of the three key groups that conspiracy theorists claim operate behind the scenes to control the world and to establish the “New World Order.”

An unbiased definition? :rolleyes: Almost as if they are just imaginary organizations. Stupid, crazy conspiracy people! Obviously they have no real power, as they consist of only the richest, most influential and most politically connected people in the world.

Gun Owners of America(GOA): An extremely radical gun-owning group with close ties to the militia movement. It reputedly has about 100,000 members (as opposed to the millions of NRA members). GOA is headed by Larry Pratt, a strong militia supporter who also has close ties to the white-supremacist movement.

I guess I am lucky not to be a member of the GOA. I didn't know that they are "white-supremacist militia" group.

Homophobia: Fear and/or loathing of homosexuals.

Did they put that in there just for 00_Pete? :D

Glad they defined that "Patriot" related term. Otherwise, people would not know what it means. :rolleyes:

Tax-Protest Movement: A movement consisting of people who do not simply want to avoid paying taxes but generally claim they should not have to pay them.

That's a good one. Avoiding taxes is fine. Just don't make any arguments about unfair and burdensome taxes, or the loopholes that they use to not pay taxes. They are just "avoiding" them, but don't you dare disagree with the concepts or implementation.

Patriot Movement: The “patriot” movement is a general term used by its members to describe the collective movements and individuals on the extreme right wing. In one form or another, this practice dates back many decades; in the 1930s, many on the far right referred to themselves as “superpatriots.” In the 1960s and 1970s, it was common to refer to the “Christian Patriot” movement, but this term is less common now than then. Among the types of individuals that can be found within the “patriot” movement are white supremacists, sovereign citizens, tax protesters, militia members, and sometimes antiabortion or anti-environmental groups.

There it is. If you are one of the above, then you are all. Are you "right wing"? You must be a criminal. What is the purpose of this document again? "Terrorism and Criminal Extremism"? It reads more like a propaganda and attack piece, with very specific targets.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Haven't read it, but looks like they haven't zeroed in on us Voluntaryists quite yet :p (At least not specifically)

Lord Xar
08-25-2010, 03:43 PM
I consider it an honor.

Until you can be targeted for assassination.

I see the "aryan" brotherhood mentioned, but what about the mexican mafia or other "atzlan types"?

hmmmm

torchbearer
08-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Until you can be targeted for assassination.

I see the "aryan" brotherhood mentioned, but what about the mexican mafia or other "atzlan types"?

hmmmm

these reports are only issued during democrat controlled federal governments. the last during the clinton years.
it is used to demonize the real threat to their power.

QueenB4Liberty
08-25-2010, 06:00 PM
I consider it an honor.

This! :cool:

Brian4Liberty
08-25-2010, 09:27 PM
these reports are only issued during democrat controlled federal governments. the last during the clinton years.
it is used to demonize the real threat to their power.

Well, it says the original version was created in 1998 (Clinton), but it looks like the updates were done during the Bush years (2005-2009). I wonder how much the grant was for? Taxpayer money to do a few updates to a pre-existing document over the course of 2 years? Must be worth a couple of million...

(Let's assume the 2007 prefix on the Grant No. was the year it was given.)

This project was supported by Grant No. 2007-NC-BX-K002 awarded by the Bureau of Justice Assistance. The Bureau of Justice Assistance is a component of the Office of Justice Programs, which also includes the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the National Institute of Justice, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, and the Office for Victims of Crime. Points of view or opinions in this document are those of the author and do not represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.

Copyright 2005–2009 Institute for Intergovernmental Research

roho76
08-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Hmmm....Who is it that swears to defend the constitution? Sounds like some politicians have some splain'in to do.

Dr.3D
08-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Hmmm....Who is it that swears to defend the constitution? Sounds like some politicians have some splain'in to do.

Wouldn't that make every one of them one of those 'terrorists' too?

Brian4Liberty
08-26-2010, 10:34 AM

A new definition to be added to the Terrorists and Criminals Guide document (where's my cut of the grant money?):

Elected official: A generic term for members of the “patriot” movement who have been elected to office. These people swear an oath to uphold and defend the "Constitution", against all "enemies", foreign and domestic. Among the types of individuals that can be found in elected office are white supremacists, sovereign citizens, "limited" government advocates, tax protesters, militia members, "constitutionalists" and sometimes antiabortion or anti-environmental persons.

bruce leeroy
08-26-2010, 10:50 AM
I especially find the GOA bullshit entertaining, oh yeah, larry pratt is such a bad racist that he lives with his panamanian-american wife and speaks spainish at home(and yes, I know that a lot of hispanic people are white, but not panamanians)
I mean, really, who do these statist nimrod asswipes think they are and who do they think the are foolin?

pcosmar
08-26-2010, 11:10 AM
I especially find the GOA bullshit entertaining, oh yeah, larry pratt is such a bad racist that he lives with his panamanian-american wife and speaks spainish at home(and yes, I know that a lot of hispanic people are white, but not panamanians)
I mean, really, who do these statist nimrod asswipes think they are and who do they think the are foolin?

Average people.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=258466

Stary Hickory
08-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Demanding government obey the law is now labled extreme. I wonder who is really extreme in this? The DOJ does not serve Justice nor the law. The DOJ has become extreme in it's abusive views.

All things change and the DOJ can be humbled as well.

Brian4Liberty
08-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Demanding government obey the law is now labled extreme. I wonder who is really extreme in this? The DOJ does not serve Justice nor the law. The DOJ has become extreme in it's abusive views.

Who knows how seriously people at the DOJ or Law Enforcement take this stuff? At the minimum though, the writer of the document is planting seeds of prejudice against the targets of his propaganda, at least in anyone who reads it.

What should really piss you off is the fact that tax dollars are being given to guy who works for a lobby group for a document that he had already written anyway! Talk about a scam.

Daamien
08-27-2010, 11:15 AM
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Barry Goldwater
Acceptance Speech - 1964 Republican Convention

bruce leeroy
08-27-2010, 11:18 AM
I mean, seriously, what are these people trying to accomplish?
I mean the backlash over the MIAC/DHS shit was HUGE.
All these people are doing is pushing the moderate, urban dwelling "fudds" into the camp of the guys who are quite a bit more militant(JPFO, Pratt, Vanderbeough, etc)

YumYum
08-27-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm putting together "The FEMA Camp Cookbook". I want to include something for everybody. Any suggestions?

torchbearer
08-27-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm putting together "The FEMA Camp Cookbook". I want to include something for everybody. Any suggestions?

what are the different types of MREs? the recipes should originate with components taken from MREs.

tangent4ronpaul
08-27-2010, 01:31 PM
what are the different types of MREs? the recipes should originate with components taken from MREs.

There are a couple of MRE cookbooks out there.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
08-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Well, it says the original version was created in 1998 (Clinton), but it looks like the updates were done during the Bush years (2005-2009). I wonder how much the grant was for? Taxpayer money to do a few updates to a pre-existing document over the course of 2 years? Must be worth a couple of million...

(Let's assume the 2007 prefix on the Grant No. was the year it was given.)

You were really low! The grant was for $4,750,000

http://www.fedspending.org/faads/devel/faads.php?reptype=r&database=faads&record_id=12176876&detail=3&datype=T&sortby=i

-t

Brian4Liberty
08-27-2010, 02:58 PM

http://www.fedspending.org/faads/devel/faads.php?reptype=r&database=faads&record_id=12176876&detail=3&datype=T&sortby=i

-t

Holy shit! I really hope the grant covered more than updating one preexisting document! Even it if it included other things, they were probably just as wasteful. This could be a big scandal.

How much money were people getting excited about for our foreign aid to restore some mosques?

Found it:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=258504

Under a program established by Congress in 2001, the department will fund at least five projects in as many countries at a cost of more than $271,000.

oyarde
08-27-2010, 03:01 PM

Most of them are economic terrorists. Some of the truly gifted ( Pelosi ) can inspire terror just by showing up.

oyarde
08-27-2010, 03:05 PM

They pretty much are all nasty.The two most important things are pepper and hot sauce. If you put enough pepper on anythin you can eat it.

Brian4Liberty
08-27-2010, 03:12 PM

-t

So the grant ($4,750,000) was paid to a single "non-profit" organization (Institute for Intergovernmental Research):

Recipient Information
Recipient Name INST FOR INTERGOVERNMENTAL RESEARCH
Recipient City Name TALLAHASSEE
Recipient County Name LEON COUNTY
Recipient State Code Florida
Recipient Zip Code 32317729
Congressional District FL90: Florida unknown districts
Recipient Category Nonprofits
Recipient Type other nonprofit

torchbearer
08-27-2010, 03:55 PM
They pretty much are all nasty.The two most important things are pepper and hot sauce. If you put enough pepper on anythin you can eat it.

i'll bring the tobasco.

oyarde
08-27-2010, 03:56 PM
i'll bring the tobasco.

You are getting closer.

Brian4Liberty
08-27-2010, 06:04 PM

-t

Good catch! Now the taxpayers would like to know exactly where that $4,750,000 went. Did we buy anything other than a short, updated propaganda document?

Pericles
08-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Good catch! Now the taxpayers would like to know exactly where that $4,750,000 went. Did we buy anything other than a short, updated propaganda document?
Originally written by the wargamer contractor to the SPLC. I'd bet the left wing terrorist organizations (ELF, ALF, et. al.) were probably added during the Bush years. Was kind of surprised to see them listed - it is usually only guys like me.

Live_Free_Or_Die
08-27-2010, 06:44 PM
The establishment should be concerned about preserving a majority of force for the coming day of reckoning. Lady justice may not be merciful.

Lucille
08-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Infowars:

Department of Justice Lists Constitutionalists in Extremism Guide (http://www.infowars.com/department-of-justice-lists-constitutionalists-in-extremism-guide/)

Obama’s Department of Justice Puts Out Master Patriot Hit-list (http://www.infowars.com/obamas-department-of-justice-puts-out-master-patriot-hit-list/)

osan
08-30-2010, 01:54 PM
We are all extremists now.

Department of Justice Lists Survivalists, Constitutionalists in Extremism Guide (http://publicintelligence.net/department-of-justice-lists-survivalists-constitutionalists-in-extremism-guide/)

Because the MIAC report (http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2009/04/12/homeland-security-document-targets-most-conservatives-and-libertarians-in-the-country/) just wasn't enough.

These days, anyone not in full fawning agreement with the orthodoxy is an "extremist".

Was this posture unexpected?

Lucille
09-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Looks like NPR got a copy:

@radleybalko (http://twitter.com/radleybalko/status/22738159088) NPR panel just warned me that use of the word "constitution" is a good sign that a politician is extremist. Good to know!

james1906
09-05-2010, 10:00 AM
groups lists “constitutionalists” and “survivalists” alongside organizations like Al-Qaeda and the Aryan Brotherhood.

The MSM has told me that Constitutionalists are the same as al-Qaida and the Aryan Brotherhood, is this wrong?

johngr
09-05-2010, 12:07 PM
The US DOJ is an extremist organisation.

Philhelm
09-05-2010, 02:11 PM
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Barry Goldwater
Acceptance Speech - 1964 Republican Convention

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of authoritarianism is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of wealth and power is no virtue."

Government
Standard Operating Procedure - 1913 to Present