PDA

View Full Version : Video of anti-freedom of religion and anti-property rights rally at the “ground 0"

Agorism
08-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Video of the anti-freedom of religion and anti-property rights rally at the “ground zero mosque.”

YouTube - Anti-muslim Rally at Ground Zero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwaNRWMN-F4&feature=search)

Paladino, Republican NY gubernatorial candidate, campaigns on using eminent domain to steal mosque if he wins.
http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/29821/paladino-would-use-eminent-domain-to-block-mosque

“Paladino scoffed at critics who claim federal law prohibits his strategy to stop the Islamic mosque. “I’ve been driving land-use issues for 40 years, and I understand the full powers of the governor,” he said. “If the ACLU or anyone else wants to challenge me in court, I’m ready for the fight.”

I don't think he wants to fight with the ACLU. They have a winning record.

YouTube - ACLU's Goal: "Blow Up" Military Commissions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYXYqGqKH44&feature=search)

Monarchist
08-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I find it hilarious that some people were flying Gadsden flags at the protest. I guess they're stuck in Tea Party mode.

dannno
08-25-2010, 11:16 AM
I find it hilarious that some people were flying Gadsden flags at the protest. I guess they're stuck in Tea Party mode.

Wow, fucking morons.

Deborah K
08-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Don't the people in New York City have the right to exercise their freedom to assemble and freedom of speech as much as the people who want to build the mosque have the right to freedom of religion and property? I didn't see anyone's rights being violated there. In fact, the crowd policed themselves a couple of times - someone shouted slurs and someone else told them to stop. People got in front of the black dude to prevent others from getting in his face. I thought it looked like a successful exercise of rights myself.

I guess if you don't agree with having the mosque built there that makes you anti-religion and anti-property. :rolleyes: I think they have the right to do it, but I think they're stupid for thinking they should in this climate. It just makes them look like they're trying to stir up trouble. If I wanted to open a business or a church in a neighborhood that didn't want me there, knowing there were other places I could do so successfully and be wanted, I'd move on.

ClayTrainor
08-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Wow, fucking morons.

"Don't tread on me, while I'm treading on you!"

Agorism
08-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Neonazi's can have "demonstrations."

They may have the right to do so, but that doesn't mean the rest of us should support them.

Deborah K
08-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Neonazi's can have "demonstrations."

They may have the right to do so, but that doesn't mean the rest of us should support them.

Muslims can have mosques at ground zero.

SWATH
08-25-2010, 11:40 AM

Yeah maybe the mosque supporters are the one who need to be waving the Gadsden flag. That would be something.

Agorism
08-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Muslims can have mosques at ground zero.

And you suck donkey balls. I'll support your right to do so though.

Deborah K
08-25-2010, 11:44 AM
And you suck donkey balls. I'll support your right to do so though.

Haha. Wow. How eloquent. You must be all of 15 years old.

Acala
08-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Don't the people in New York City have the right to exercise their freedom to assemble and freedom of speech as much as the people who want to build the mosque have the right to freedom of religion and property? I didn't see anyone's rights being violated there. In fact, the crowd policed themselves a couple of times - someone shouted slurs and someone else told them to stop. People got in front of the black dude to prevent others from getting in his face. I thought it looked like a successful exercise of rights myself.

I guess if you don't agree with having the mosque built there that makes you anti-religion and anti-property. :rolleyes: I think they have the right to do it, but I think they're stupid for thinking they should in this climate. It just makes them look like they're trying to stir up trouble. If I wanted to open a business or a church in a neighborhood that didn't want me there, knowing there were other places I could do so successfully and be wanted, I'd move on.

Pretty much this^

But the whole thing is a trivial distraction no matter what you might think of it. The country is on the verge of collapse. Who cares about this?

Deborah K
08-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Pretty much this^

But the whole thing is a trivial distraction no matter what you might think of it. The country is on the verge of collapse. Who cares about this?

Not I. Just puttin in my two cents for the bill of rights. :D

speciallyblend
08-25-2010, 03:37 PM

Classic i think this post explains all the BS on this subject;) ^^^^^^^^^

thread winner for Clay

the folks have a right to protest but to be honest the folks against it look foolish and we can only hope we are not them !!!

Agorism
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
blimp

FrankRep
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Video of the anti-freedom of religion and anti-property rights rally at the “ground zero mosque.”

Pro-Freedom of Speech.