PDA

View Full Version : Toomey Ad

dean.engelhardt
08-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Anyone see the Pat Toomey ad yet? It says Washington is on a spending spree and Tomey will cut spending by ending pork barrel.

Cutting spending is a fantastic platform, but just cutting pork barrel is pissing on a fire. There is soooo much more that should be done. Does anyone think he is serious about a balanced budget or reducing the debt?

He's a long way from getting my vote. Are there any supporters here for him?

amy31416
08-25-2010, 07:24 AM
The democrat (Sestak) seems better than him. He's a warhawk--no way I'd vote for him.

dean.engelhardt
08-25-2010, 07:41 AM
The democrat (Sestak) seems better than him. He's a warhawk--no way I'd vote for him.

What's Sestak's position on war?

amy31416
08-25-2010, 07:49 AM
What's Sestak's position on war?

He sucks too, but not as hard as Toomey.

Even as we draw down our forces in Iraq, our gains remain fragile and we must ensure stability until we complete withdrawal at the end of 2011. In the months ahead, we will begin major new deployments to Afghanistan to ensure that Al Qaeda can never again have a safe haven there. The situation in Pakistan also remains highly unstable and demands our full attention. All of these threats must be addressed with the utmost transparency for taxpayers and fairness to the brave servicemen and women who defend us overseas.

I'll likely be voting libertarian or writing in James Brown.

The Dude
08-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Whoa now. Sestak is not better than Toomey. Toomey at least would be with us on 90% of our economic stances.

I'm not voting for him, but he's probably going to win. Sestak would be worse though. He'd just go along with whatever the Democrats want.

MRoCkEd
08-25-2010, 10:49 AM
I think Toomey would be reliable on a lot of fiscal issues. He is from the Club for Growth and I don't see him selling them down the road...

But yeah, I'm sure he's shitty on foreign policy.

dean.engelhardt
08-25-2010, 10:54 AM
He sucks too, but not as hard as Toomey.

I'll likely be voting libertarian or writing in James Brown.

I'm with you. James Brown? I feel good!