PDA

View Full Version : Chipin to deliver Ct.

Sematary
10-16-2007, 07:50 PM
I want to deliver NE Ct. to Ron Paul in the upcoming primaries in February. To that end, I am going to put together packages to be delivered door to door that will include dvd's, statement of faith, slimjims, bumper stickers and other printed materials. The purpose is to get the word to people who may not be predisposed to finding RON PAUL on the internet, or who do not own or use computers. I want to put as much material in front of them as possible to help them make an educated decision and to encourage them to register Republican and vote in the primaries.

I also want to do some advertising on a local radio station and put up a billboard as well. Since I live in rural area, neither of these ventures is very expensive.

http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/ron-paul-care-packages

Sematary
10-16-2007, 08:33 PM
I know, I know - more money. ;-)
I appreciate any help that comes my way.

LibertyEagle
10-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Which DVDs are you planning to use?

Sematary
10-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Which DVDs are you planning to use?

I don't have any particular one in mind. Whatever the most recent one I can get my hands on is, I suppose.

Lord Xar
10-16-2007, 09:02 PM
well, I think it might behoove you to use a DVD of his most popular youtube videos.....
apparently, those are changing people....

kmj.ronpaul
10-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Be careful about which materials you include. I'm sure you know a lot more about the demographics of your area, but e.g. including the statement of faith could really turn off non-believers, and emphasizing his pro-life positions might alienate pro-choicers.

My advice would be to stick with more general issues like ending the war, reducing taxes, restoring civil liberties, etc. Still a lot of ground to cover even if you de-emphasize the 'touchy' subjects!

tekkierich
10-16-2007, 09:17 PM
I would emphasize a less costly reach out than what you are suggesting.

Look at a project we are in the middle of in Maryland...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=279650#post279650

We are sending postcards to all registered Libertarians. Planned and executed in a week and a half. This will reach fifty-three hundred folks for about $1500 total cost.

Dropping a package with people that is costly in materials and time delivering might not be the best way of approaching things.

Keep up with the enthusiastic support however. I like it... Ron Paul is charging hard all across the nation.

Sematary
10-17-2007, 06:03 AM
I would emphasize a less costly reach out than what you are suggesting.

Look at a project we are in the middle of in Maryland...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=279650#post279650

We are sending postcards to all registered Libertarians. Planned and executed in a week and a half. This will reach fifty-three hundred folks for about $1500 total cost.

Dropping a package with people that is costly in materials and time delivering might not be the best way of approaching things.

Keep up with the enthusiastic support however. I like it... Ron Paul is charging hard all across the nation.

It has been my experience (and I've been on this earth a few years) that if you actually talk to people and shake their hand, you have a much better chance of getting their vote. If I can go to people's homes and talk to them as well as reinforce what I'm doing with a local billboard that everyone will see and some airtime on the local radio station, then I believe I can win over a large percentage of voters in this area. Of course, without money, I can do nothing and it won't matter.

Ozwest
10-17-2007, 06:15 AM
It has been my experience (and I've been on this earth a few years) that if you actually talk to people and shake their hand, you have a much better chance of getting their vote. If I can go to people's homes and talk to them as well as reinforce what I'm doing with a local billboard that everyone will see and some airtime on the local radio station, then I believe I can win over a large percentage of voters in this area. Of course, without money, I can do nothing and it won't matter.

Sounds like money spent wisely. Bang for your buck, I say...

Sematary
10-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Sounds like money spent wisely. Bang for your buck, I say...

I would think so.

Ozwest
10-17-2007, 07:12 AM
So Semetary... What are your credentials as a Ron Paul supporter. Why should people donate to your cause? I mean, don't rest on your laurels. Just because you've engineered the Philly Rally and work tirelessly for the campaign doesn't entitle you to receive contributions from others to meet and greet... Heck isn't everyone doing that? Seriously, no reason to get cheeky!

Sematary
10-17-2007, 07:22 AM
So Semetary... What are your credentials as a Ron Paul supporter. Why should people donate to your cause? I mean, don't rest on your laurels. Just because you've engineered the Philly Rally and work tirelessly for the campaign doesn't entitle you to receive contributions from others to meet and greet... Heck isn't everyone doing that? Seriously, no reason to get cheeky!

I know. ;)

freedominnumbers
10-17-2007, 07:24 AM
I know. ;)

I vouch for ya as well.
Post on the Tolland board when you are thinking of doing the door to door stuff.
Hopefully I and others will be able to help knock on doors.

Sematary
10-17-2007, 07:31 AM
I vouch for ya as well.
Post on the Tolland board when you are thinking of doing the door to door stuff.
Hopefully I and others will be able to help knock on doors.

Will do.

Ozwest
10-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Now you're just ingraciating yourself! Where is your self respect? C'mon people help this lost soul with your kind contributions to his miss-guided endeavors. If for no other reason, the restoration of his dignity, is sufficient reason.

Sematary
10-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Now you're just ingraciating yourself! Where is your self respect? C'mon people help this lost soul with your kind contributions to his miss-guided endeavors. If for no other reason, the restoration of his dignity, is sufficient reason.

lol - thanks Oz

Sematary
10-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks to a generous donation of $100 (not through chipin) I now have $155
Can some of you help me reach my goal (and beyond?). I can really make a difference in NE Ct.

hopeforamerica
10-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks to a generous donation of $100 (not through chipin) I now have $155
Can some of you help me reach my goal (and beyond?). I can really make a difference in NE Ct.

Correction: you have $165. Don't forget my tiny (not through chipin) donation :p I really hope more folks help you out!!! Really guys, just throw in a fiver, what could it hurt? One less starbucks for me.

LibertyEagle
10-17-2007, 11:06 AM
$15 chipped-in.

Sematary
10-17-2007, 11:18 AM
$180 :)

hopeforamerica
10-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Another small "chip" thrown into the pot ;)

Sematary
10-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Another small "chip" thrown into the pot ;)

Thanks. :)
I might get there yet.

Sematary
10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
$225 :)
Thanks guys. This is going much better.