PDA

View Full Version : TN Attorney General Tries To Regulate CraigsList

Matt Collins
08-24-2010, 02:55 PM
TN joins states urging Craigslist to end adult services ads
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100824/NEWS/100824059

james1906
08-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Something tells me Matt's an expert on this.

Brooklyn Red Leg
08-24-2010, 06:25 PM
TN joins states urging Craigslist to end adult services ads

Yea, cause having prostitutes that have to rely on pimps and walking the streets is SO much better! Fucking idiots. It would be sweet justice if that douchebag attorney general got caught with a prostitute.

oyarde
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM
If Tennessee had some huge craigslist prostitution problem , I have not seen anything about it. This guy must not have much else to do . Somebody needs to get him a hobby.

MelissaWV
08-24-2010, 06:55 PM
You'd think that this would be a boon to everyone involved. The police, since they love doing things this way, could easily pose as underaged or otherwise really super-duper illegal prostitutes and catch "scum" that answer the call and have the right cash, rather than sending agents out to pose as hookers, or having to snag people the old-fashioned way. The people who genuinely want prostitutes would have a nicer way to browse the selection, and possibly even look for telltale signs that it's a scam before they ever show up. The prostitutes themselves can establish contact with a john before he's there in the flesh and dangerous. Of course, the john might be a cop, but that's just a risk no matter how you "advertise" your wares.

james1906
08-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Yea, cause having prostitutes that have to rely on pimps and walking the streets is SO much better! Fucking idiots. It would be sweet justice if that douchebag attorney general got caught with a prostitute.

It's always the middlemen who profit when a service, good, etc is illegal. The AG probably own a Cadillac dealership.

Matt Collins
08-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Something tells me Matt's an expert on this.I've actually never used CL for anything before.

roho76
08-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I consider craigslist to be the free market of our time. No regulation. You buy what you want at the price you want wherever you want. No taxes. No middleman.

Stary Hickory
08-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Nothing wrong with prostitution on craigslist, why some people feel it's their business how two grown adults choose to conduct themselves with one another is beyond me. What kind of sick people actually think it is their business?

Matt Collins
08-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Nothing wrong with prostitution on craigslist, why some people feel it's their business how two grown adults choose to conduct themselves with one another is beyond me. What kind of sick people actually think it is their business?
What's interesting is the way Neal Boortz phrases the question: "why can a woman not sell what she can lawfully give away for free?"

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 08:27 PM
You'd think that this would be a boon to everyone involved. The police, since they love doing things this way, could easily pose as underaged or otherwise really super-duper illegal prostitutes and catch "scum" that answer the call and have the right cash, rather than sending agents out to pose as hookers, or having to snag people the old-fashioned way. The people who genuinely want prostitutes would have a nicer way to browse the selection, and possibly even look for telltale signs that it's a scam before they ever show up. The prostitutes themselves can establish contact with a john before he's there in the flesh and dangerous. Of course, the john might be a cop, but that's just a risk no matter how you "advertise" your wares.

Comment to Matt's article from "BigGunz":

Good news for Dickerson Rd. Soon it will be bustling like it was before Craigslist came along.

Apparently Dickerson Rd used to be the "Red light district" in Nashville.

Matt Collins
09-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Craigslist Abandons Adult Services (for fear of government regulation):

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2368717,00.asp

james1906
09-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Craigslist Abandons Adult Services (for fear of government regulation):

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2368717,00.asp

They'll all gravitate to casual encounters or some other place.