PDA

View Full Version : Letter of Liberty - Truth over Talking Points

truthsaga
08-24-2010, 02:09 PM
For some time I've been thinking of creating my own local newsletter to hand out in my district. Articles that highlight the failed economic theory as well as a failed foreign policy that's bankrupting our country.

Internet is a powerful tool but I feel strongly if we go back to our roots and deliver a powerful letter, it would have the power to get more people engaged.

Sadly, I'm one of those unfortunate people who thought they could throw a fastball for a living, so my grammar and punctuation is sub-par. That's why I'm turning to the RPF community to see if we can build a small group of people interested in starting a bi-weekly or monthly effort.

Even if we concentrated the letters to Republican / Libertarian Voters, I still feel it could have great benefit to the movement as well as driving support for Ron Paul's run in 2012.

For Freedom.

YumYum
08-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Make an outline of what you want to say. Don't worry about grammar or using flowery words. Just state your ideas, and the members on this forum will contribute and edit. Can you state your "theme" or main idea of your newsletter in one sentence? Your theme is your most important sentence because it will convey the message that you want to get through to your audience.

I think it would be kool to create the first article of the newsletter right here on this thread.

A Son of Liberty
08-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Well spoken. I like this idea. I'm active in C4L and have given thought to this same sort of thing. I send out a weekly/bi-weekly email newsletter, but I've often thought that printing something up and distributing it hard copy would be a solid move. Time/money have conspired to stop me.

truthsaga
08-24-2010, 02:29 PM
It's not the Right vs. Left, It's Mises Vs. Keynes

I would want the theme to unite people to the truth of the founders logic in Foreign Policy and Sound Economics but stay in a zone to keep us out of the tea party category.

I'm also active in C4L and if you can find a small group all willing to donate and a friendly at FedexKinkos, it really shaves some of the cost.