PDA

View Full Version : Steve Wilkos/Child Protective Services

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-24-2010, 12:20 PM
I was channel surfing a bit ago and came across the Steve Wilkos show and they apparently do random polling questions of their audience. Today's question was "Should child services be able to randomly pick families to monitor"? . I have seen segments of the show a few times before and quite honestly the guy is a statist so I hope some folks here will blow up the phone lines or mail the show or something. If there is enough of a response it might turn into a show topic or something.

The number is 888-594-5567

For a transcript of the show you can visit: http://www.livedash.com/transcript/the_steve_wilkos_show-(i_don't_abuse_my_child)/13/KOFY/Tuesday_August_17_2010/278157/

The part with this is at the 7:38 mark.

I know this is a low brow show but I think it is important to counter this nonsense wherever it happens to raise it's ugly head.

denison
08-24-2010, 12:46 PM
how do you think child protective services should work?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-24-2010, 12:49 PM
how do you think child protective services should work?

Personally I do not think they should even exist as it is just one more way for the government to abuse their power (If you cannot tear someone down through other means than it gives them a way to go after your family). If they must exist than in no way,shape or form should they ever have the power to randomly show up to houses to make sure you are living up to government standards.