PDA

View Full Version : Paul vs Paul on Mosque

Michael Landon
08-24-2010, 11:25 AM
http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Lifestyle/Ron-Paul-vs.-Rand-Paul-on-mosque.aspx?cp-searchtext=Ron%20Paul%20vs.%20Rand%20Paul%20on%20m osque

I found this on the front page of MSN.com

- ML

Pennsylvania
08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
'tis very vague

dannno
08-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Hmm, interesting, though to be fair, Rand was asked on Fox News of all places whether he thought the Mosque should be built there. He gave an honest answer, that he didn't think it should be built there, and I don't believe his answer included the hatred and demagoguery Ron Paul discussed in his piece. Also, Rand is not paying 'lip service' to private property rights, he actually believes in them. Rand wasn't going on whining about how we need to DO SOMETHING.. it was more like saying he didn't want it built there but there wasn't anything he could do about it, it's their property.

Uriel999
08-24-2010, 11:42 AM
So what, father and son not in agreement...damn never heard that before!

Aratus
08-24-2010, 12:01 PM

"triumvirate of tea" seyz james carville!
sharron angle, rand paul and ken beck?
governor paterson didst have an idea...
swap some state land for private land!
local "zoning issue" seyz mitch mcconnell!

TheDriver
08-24-2010, 12:07 PM
MSNBC and CNN are using Ron Paul to drive a wedge between factions of the Tea Party and GOP. And whether he means to or not, he plays right into their hands with his statements like the one he released on the mosque.

Ron's press release did nothing but further the mosque issue. He may have scored points with MSNBC and a few liberals but Ron just shot himself in the foot for the 2012 GOP primary.

He should pick his battles more wisely, although I'm sure people on this board won't agree with me. ;)

RideTheDirt
08-24-2010, 12:10 PM
MSNBC and CNN are using Ron Paul to drive a wedge between factions of the Tea Party and GOP. And whether he means to or not, he plays right into their hands with his statements like the one he released on the mosque.

Ron's press release did nothing but further the mosque issue. He may have scored points with MSNBC and a few liberals but Ron just shot himself in the foot for the 2012 GOP primary.

He should pick his battles more wisely, although I'm sure people on this board won't agree with me. ;)
you are correct

Matt Collins
08-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Can someone quote Rand's statement on the NYC mosque?

TheDriver
08-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Can someone quote Rand's statement on the NYC mosque?

First asked here:
YouTube - Rand Paul Discusses Ground Zero Mosque With Sean Hannity 8-10-2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emrH-GoGvFQ)

Matt Collins
08-24-2010, 12:21 PM
First asked here:
YouTube - Rand Paul Discusses Ground Zero Mosque With Sean Hannity 8-10-2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emrH-GoGvFQ)
Excellent. And therein lies my point. It's amazing how many people don't read between the lines (I'm not slamming you) because Rand never said the mosque should be prohibited. In fact I don't think his position is that much different from Ron's. Ron doesn't care if it's built or not, and Rand doesn't think it should be built. But the actual point is that neither have come out to say that it should be stopped or prevented. :)

Rand is very talented at this.

dannno
08-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm sure people on this board won't agree with me. ;)

Precisely correct.

TortoiseDream
08-24-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't think they disagree at all.

RedStripe
08-24-2010, 01:25 PM

Silly Ron Paul! Putting principle ahead of political strategy! How can he ever hope to secure any support doing stuff like that?

/s

wgadget
08-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Rand has an election to win. I'm all for whatever it takes. (wink, wink)

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Excellent. And therein lies my point. It's amazing how many people don't read between the lines (I'm not slamming you) because Rand never said the mosque should be prohibited. In fact I don't think his position is that much different from Ron's. Ron doesn't care if it's built or not, and Rand doesn't think it should be built. But the actual point is that neither have come out to say that it should be stopped or prevented. :)

Rand is very talented at this.

This, and I'm not sure Rand really understands where the mosque is being built. The MSM keeps calling it the "ground zero mosque" and you here people say it "overlooks ground zero" when it's actually 2 blocks away.

Anyway, the "controversy" is laughable. Ron and Rand disagreed on whether or not to close Gitmo. That's an on the record policy disagreement. And folks are concerned about out of context statements regarding a mosque? :confused:

Wesker1982
08-24-2010, 02:13 PM

this is how I have understood it as well

Galileo Galilei
08-24-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't support the Mosque. I have not helped build it, nor sent them money.