PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart: Stop watching Fox

tropicangela
08-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Monday August 23, 2010
The Parent Company Trap

Fox News is either evil or stupid for not mentioning that Alwaleed bin Talal is News Corp.'s largest shareholder.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-23-2010/the-parent-company-trap

AlexMerced
08-24-2010, 09:57 AM
yeah, I thought that piece was AWESOME

crazyfacedjenkins
08-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Really good shit. The end was hysterical

00_Pete
08-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Hegel-dialetic at work, and Stewart is part of it. Who gives a rats ass about the mosque?

What Stewart needs to tell you is why he has Hollywierdo Zombies like Viggo Mortensen going on his show eating lizzard soup clearly against his will:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-27-2005/viggo-mortenson

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/ViggoMortensen.jpg

"For me lizzard soup, for you United Nations!"

If you guys only knew who Jon Stewart and his sidekick Colbert are and what their role is...lol...

tropicangela
08-24-2010, 10:14 AM
he should have added, except for freedom watch & stossel

paulitics
08-24-2010, 10:17 AM
John Stewart is just another MSM hack.

As someone else on here said. Apathy is the correct response.

angelatc
08-24-2010, 10:22 AM
John Stewart is just another MSM hack.

As someone else on here said. Apathy is the correct response.

I doubt that there's much crossover between Stewart and Fox.

He's not funny any more. He's just a caricature of himself with his overdone facial expressions. Resorting to frequently dropping F-Bombs is the sign of a desperate comedian.

Travlyr
08-24-2010, 10:24 AM
He's not funny any more. He's just a caricature of himself with his overdone facial expressions. Resorting to frequently dropping F-Bombs is the sign of a desperate comedian.

He'll be hosting a game show soon. :D

Kludge
08-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Jon Stewart is the only political commentary I watch anymore. -- It isn't because of him, but I love the first segment where they point out the blatant hypocrisy in MSM reporting or politicians. After that, it's a steady disappointment until the interview segment which I almost always skip. That said, Stewart has proven himself very clever and funny off his show with his ORLY interview.

Hegel-dialetic at work, and Stewart is part of it. Who gives a rats ass about the mosque?

What Stewart needs to tell you is why he has Hollywierdo Zombies like Viggo Mortensen going on his show eating lizzard soup clearly against his will:

If you guys only knew who Jon Stewart and his sidekick Colbert are and what their role is...lol...

You know he had John Hodgman on not too long ago?

Son of Detroit
08-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Me: Stop watching Jon Stewart

dannno
08-24-2010, 10:42 AM

I don't believe you are a real Ron Paul or liberty supporter at all. You're now on my list.

This isn't about the fucking Mosque, this is not the same BS arguments we hear in the media every day... This is actually fucking important!! What are you thinking!?! This is about Fox News talking all day for weeks about the Mosque and asking who is funding it and arguing about why it shouldn't be built.. then we find out THEY are funding it!! That is pretty fucking important, what exactly makes you think this isn't important?? This is the ONLY important thing ANYBODY should know about the Mosque!! The main propaganda arm for the state is being exposed here, why are your priorities so out of whack?

angelatc
08-24-2010, 10:43 AM
He'll be hosting a game show soon. :D

I get great pleasure in seeing how many people have used his show as a springboard for careers in network TV and Hollywood movies, precisely because he made it perfectly clear from the outset that he wanted to do just that. :D

Craig Kilborn's back on the air. Life is good again.

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 10:48 AM
LOL @ the Stewart clip. And to everyone using this as an opportunity to "hate on Jon Stewart" you are missing the point! I could care less where good information comes from. I don't care if it comes from Jon Stewart of Glenn Beck or Michael Savage or Alex Jones or Mickey Mouse. Good information is good information. And the fact that the same Fox News that's trying to make hay about the funding of the Iman is got funding from the same source is good information.

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't believe you are a real Ron Paul or liberty supporter at all. You're now on my list.

This isn't about the fucking Mosque, this is not the same BS arguments we hear in the media every day... This is actually fucking important!! What are you thinking!?! This is about Fox News talking all day for weeks about the Mosque and asking who is funding it and arguing about why it shouldn't be built.. then we find out THEY are funding it!! That is pretty fucking important, what exactly makes you think this isn't important?? This is the ONLY important thing ANYBODY should know about the Mosque!! The main propaganda arm for the state is being exposed here, why are your priorities so out of whack?

Aren't you kinda jumping to conclusions here? Is this guilt by association? Or do you have concrete evidence that Alwaleed bin Talal is funding the mosque construction?

erowe1
08-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Fox News is kind of like Walmart.

I don't actually like going there. But when I see the libs telling me not to go there, it compels me to want to support them.

paulitics
08-24-2010, 11:17 AM
LOL @ the Stewart clip. And to everyone using this as an opportunity to "hate on Jon Stewart" you are missing the point! I could care less where good information comes from. I don't care if it comes from Jon Stewart of Glenn Beck or Michael Savage or Alex Jones or Mickey Mouse. Good information is good information. And the fact that the same Fox News that's trying to make hay about the funding of the Iman is got funding from the same source is good information.

You convinved me. Good clip with the exception of their phony audience laughing at any hand gesture Jon makes.

He's not waking anybody up other than, fox is dumb or fox is evil , but, still a pretty funny clip.

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Here's what wikipedia says about Alwaleed bin Talal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Waleed_bin_Talal Apparently he's heavily invested in Apple Computer too (among other American cos.), I guess that makes them guilty as well.

World Trade Center attacks
In October 2001, following the World Trade Center attacks, New York mayor Rudy Giuliani turned down a $10 million donation from Al-Waleed for disaster relief after the prince suggested the United States "must address some of the issues that led to such a criminal attack," and "re-examine its policies in the Middle East." However, Giuliani interpreted his statements as drawing "a moral equivalency between liberal democracies like the United States, like Israel, and terrorist states and those who condone terrorism."[9].

Uh......call me crazy but Giuliani isn't the brightest bulb in the pack.

dannno
08-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Aren't you kinda jumping to conclusions here? Is this guilt by association? Or do you have concrete evidence that Alwaleed bin Talal is funding the mosque construction?

Did you see the investigation on Fox News :confused:

Hows about MSNBC :confused:

CNN :confused:

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Did you see the investigation on Fox News :confused:

Hows about MSNBC :confused:

CNN :confused:

Can you give me a synopsis? So all of the MSM has proven that Alwaleed bin Talal is funding the mosque? Any clips?

dannno
08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Can you give me a synopsis? So all of the MSM has proven that Alwaleed bin Talal is funding the mosque? Any clips?

No, my point is that they don't even talk about it, it's not up for discussion.

I've had an EXTREMELY successful track record, nearly 100%, simply by predicting things based almost entirely off how the media reacts to events and issues.

If anything, think about all of the great ratings Fox has picked up since they made this an issue. Then think about what a great propaganda tool it is to gear up American hatred of Muslims to prepare for another war.

Now translate that into what that means for the second largest shareholder of the company:

a) Increased profits

b) Our military gets to attack his enemies/neighbors

And all he had to do was help fund the Mosque by going through a series of organizations, and then sick his attack dog, Fox News on his own creation. They do this sort of crap all the time, it's a lot easier than waiting for something to fall into your lap.

paulitics
08-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Here's what wikipedia says about Alwaleed bin Talal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Waleed_bin_Talal Apparently he's heavily invested in Apple Computer too (among other American cos.), I guess that makes them guilty as well.

Uh......call me crazy but Giuliani isn't the brightest bulb in the pack.

The story is about how fox news and other right wing propaganda source make it sound like radical Islam is building the mosque, to spit in the faces of the victim's families.

It turns out that these guys are just a couple of well connected billionares with ties to fox news, CFR, etc. If it was really a problem to these power brokers, believe me this story would not have even seen the light of day, nor would the Mosque even be considered.

This has nothing to do with Islam, it's a nonstory, but fox is guilty of ramping up the hatred towards Islam, and being dishonest about it. Why is that ok with you?

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 11:40 AM
do-over

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 11:40 AM
The story is about how fox news and other right wing propaganda source make it sound like radical Islam is building the mosque, to spit in the faces of the victim's families.

It turns out that these guys are just a couple of well connected billionares with ties to fox news, CFR, etc. If it was really a problem to these power brokers, believe me this story would not have even seen the light of day, nor would the Mosque even be considered.

This has nothing to do with Islam, it's a nonstory, but fox is guilty of ramping up the hatred towards Islam, and being dishonest about it. Why is that ok with you?

Because I need concrete proof that he's funding the mosque, you're going to now accuse me of being okay with the schemes you and Stewart and others have come up with? Connect the dots with evidence not conjecture and then I'll be convinced. To my way of thinking, this is a non-story unless you can prove he is funding the mosque. Everything else is just noise.

heavenlyboy34
08-24-2010, 11:43 AM
OMG, that Jon Stewart bit was hilarious! :)

dannno
08-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Because I need concrete proof that he's funding the mosque, you're going to now accuse me of being okay with the schemes you and Stewart and others have come up with? Connect the dots with evidence not conjecture and then I'll be convinced. To my way of thinking, this is a non-story unless you can prove he is funding the mosque. Everything else is just noise.

We already have concrete proof, you just need to look into what Fox News has been reporting as compared to what we know to be reality.

The concrete proof is the way Fox News has been reacting to all this, trying to find out who is funding it.. then we find out, like Paulitics said, it is a couple billionaires with connections to CFR and Fox News..

So you ask, again, where is the concrete proof?

It's right in front of our faces....Again, WHERE is the investigation by Fox News about the funding?? They keep screaming about it, but they won't actually DO an investigation!! That's their day job for God's sake.. They are investigators, yet all they do all day is yell about having an investigation? Why don't they do one? They keep saying it is being funded by extremists, but we find out they are clearly making it all up, so we already know they are being deceptive.

I dunno, this stuff just sorta stares me right in the face, and for some reason you want to see something that just doesn't exist. That was the entire reason they went through those organizations, so that they couldn't be connected concretely, in your mind, to the act. People commit crimes without leaving evidence at the scene all the time, that doesn't mean you can't figure out who committed the crime by doing some back tracking, and most importantly, who has the motive and the ability to carry out such a task? Think about all these things and it will begin to stare you in the face as well.

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 12:02 PM
We ALREADY HAVE concrete proof, you just need to look into what Fox News has been reporting as compared to what we know to be reality.

The concrete proof is the way Fox News has been reacting to all this, trying to find out who is funding it.. then we find out, like Paulitics said, it is a couple billionaires with connections to CFR and Fox News..

So you ask, again, where is the concrete proof?

It's right in front of our faces....Again, WHERE is the investigation by Fox News about the funding?? They keep screaming about it, but they won't actually DO an investigation!! They keep saying it is being funded by extremists, but we find out they are clearly making it all up, so we already know they are being deceptive.

I dunno, this stuff just sorta stares me right in the face, and for some reason you want to see something that just doesn't exist. People commit crimes without leaving evidence at the scene all the time, that doesn't mean you can't figure out who committed the crime by doing some back tracking, and most importantly, who has the motive and the ability to carry out such a task? Think about all these things and it will begin to stare you in the face as well.

LOL! I'm not the one who wants to see something that doesn't exist. You are the one who has come up with a crafty plot for Pete's sake! It shouldn't be that hard to find out where the mosque is getting it's funding. MSNBC should be all over this - why aren't they? Your analogy is tantamount to the argument between the atheists and the religious:

Religious: There is a God
Atheist: Prove it!
Religious: You prove there isn't one!

Trust me, if he is funding that mosque and Fox doesn't come clean, the rest of the media is going to have a feeding shark frenzy.

00_Pete
08-24-2010, 12:06 PM

:D

You just gave yourself a perfect explanation on why you shouldnt give a rats ass about the mosque. Hegelian-dialtetic at work.

Fox main propaganda arm of the state? No, they all are. I noticed you mentioned some Dave Chappelle jokes in a post...well...it was Jon Stewart´s Comedy Central (Viacom) management that forced him to include what Chappelle called "social irresponsible" (aka culture/society corrupting filth) things on his TV Show. Chappelle, by not playing along, suffered a lot of bullying and that made him turn down a multi-million dollar contract and go to Africa. I posted 2 very interesting videos of Chappelle on Oprah and Inside Actors Studio before...

And remember in the 80´s and 90´s the "mad terrorist arab" character from the "leftwing" Hollywood? One can provide tons of examples...

However, Fox News is forced to include some good shows, they have no choice. a) People would become suspicious if they did not included shows that represent a significant portion of the non-leftwing population (Napolitano, Stossel, Beck (he is good recently), etc) b) There is a powerful force "out there" that makes sure that Murdoch includes such views on his channel. The Dominionists that Sarah Palin represent, for example, have a good amount of money, political influence and lots of guns in the armed forces and there might even be some "dirt" that could be thrown at Murdoch if he doesnt play along and i will leave it to that...

:D

Yes, he is the show "Resident Expert".

Here is his expert opinion of electronic voting machines: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-2-2006/midwest-midterm-midtacular---e-voting-pt--2

Jon Stewart and his studio audience find that very funny...i dont blame them, if i was them (servants of their father, the Devil) i would find that funny too :D

dannno
08-24-2010, 12:14 PM
LOL! I'm not the one who wants to see something that doesn't exist. You are the one who has come up with a crafty plot for Pete's sake!

It's not that hard to come up with after you've seen it done dozens of times...

The same group that creates the problem creates the solution without telling the people they created the problem. It's a pretty basic equation.

It shouldn't be that hard to find out where the mosque is getting it's funding. MSNBC should be all over this - why aren't they?

No, FOX NEWS should be all over this, that was my entire point.. or ya, someone, anyone, but NOBODY is looking into the funding, just screaming about it, and my entire point is I KNOW why they aren't. Do you know why they aren't? Because the only explanation I can think of is the obvious one.

Trust me, if he is funding that mosque and Fox doesn't come clean, the rest of the media is going to have a feeding shark frenzy.

You mean like when Fox News TOLD Bill O'Reilly to stop attacking GE and Olbermann? And Olbermann was told to stop attacking Bill O'Reilly in order to stop the trash talking against GE, the main share holder of MSNBC, before it really began??

The media NEVER has a frenzy over anything important, you should have learned that after the '08 Presidential elections.

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 12:29 PM
It's not that hard to come up with after you've seen it done dozens of times...

The same group that creates the problem creates the solution without telling the people they created the problem. It's a pretty basic equation.

No, FOX NEWS should be all over this, that was my entire point.. or ya, someone, anyone, but NOBODY is looking into the funding, just screaming about it, and my entire point is I KNOW why they aren't. Do you know why they aren't? Because the only explanation I can think of is the obvious one.

You mean like when Fox News TOLD Bill O'Reilly to stop attacking GE and Olbermann? And Olbermann was told to stop attacking Bill O'Reilly in order to stop the trash talking against GE, the main share holder of MSNBC, before it really began??

The media NEVER has a frenzy over anything important, you should have learned that after the '08 Presidential elections.

I've watched enough MSNBC to know that if they could connect Al-Waleed bin Talal
to the mosque and then Fox, they'd do it in a hearbeat. Who knows, this Stewart show just came on last night so there's still time. And even if the msm doesn't do it, someone on the net will. If you're right about this, and he is funding the mosque, this will be huge.

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 12:54 PM
I've watched enough MSNBC to know that if they could connect Al-Waleed bin Talal
to the mosque and then Fox, they'd do it in a hearbeat. Who knows, this Stewart show just came on last night so there's still time. And even if the msm doesn't do it, someone on the net will. If you're right about this, and he is funding the mosque, this will be huge.

Well the "liberal" New York times sold Bush's fake WMD propaganda so there's no guarantee of the supposedly "opposing media" will actually police itself. That said this story has been picked up by the MSM.

Here it is on Yahoo news.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100820/bs_yblog_upshot/news-corps-number-two-shareholder-funded-terror-mosque-planner

And Fox already made the connection between Al-Waleed and the mosque themselves.

dannno
08-24-2010, 12:56 PM

No, you missed the entire point of my post.. The ENTIRE point of my post was that MSNBC would NOT report it if it were true!! And I have already shown you a similar example where Fox News began attacking GE, and GE stepped in and made a deal with both organizations that the bickering between O'Reilly and Olbermann would stop immediately so that their name wouldn't get dragged through the mud!!

dannno
08-24-2010, 12:58 PM
And Fox already made the connection between Al-Waleed and the mosque themselves.

Yippeeee, they mentioned his name :rolleyes:

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 01:12 PM
No, you missed the entire point of my post.. The ENTIRE point of my post was that MSNBC would NOT report it if it were true!! And I have already shown you a similar example where Fox News began attacking GE, and GE stepped in and made a deal with both organizations that the bickering between O'Reilly and Olbermann would stop immediately so that their name wouldn't get dragged through the mud!!

No I did not miss your point. I DISAGREE with it. Your claim is that this has nothing to do with the mosque and I claim that it has everything to do with it - as it pertains to the connection between Al-Waleed bin Talal and his supposed yet unproven funding of the mosque. There IS no story if the connection can't be made.

Todd
08-24-2010, 01:14 PM

Hold onto your seat.

News Corp. Executives Actually Recently Met With Saudi Billionaire In Mosque Controversy (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/24/news-corp-executives-actu_n_692790.html)

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/newsdetails.asp?Sn=MEDIA&artid=184910

dannno
08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
There IS no story if the connection can't be made for me by the lamestream media.

Corrected.

heavenlyboy34
08-24-2010, 01:18 PM

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-27-2005/viggo-mortenson

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/ViggoMortensen.jpg

"For me lizzard soup, for you United Nations!"

Stewart's show is just comedy, man. Chill out! :cool:

Deborah K
Well the "liberal" New York times sold Bush's fake WMD propaganda so there's no guarantee of the supposedly "opposing media" will actually police itself. That said this story has been picked up by the MSM.

Here it is on Yahoo news.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100820/bs_yblog_upshot/news-corps-number-two-shareholder-funded-terror-mosque-planner

Read the article. Nothing about funding the mosque. :confused:

Deborah K
Corrected.

Well no shit! Who else do you presume I am speaking for other than myself? :rolleyes:

AlexMerced
08-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Jon Stewart is the only political commentary I watch anymore. -- It isn't because of him, but I love the first segment where they point out the blatant hypocrisy in MSM reporting or politicians. After that, it's a steady disappointment until the interview segment which I almost always skip. That said, Stewart has proven himself very clever and funny off his show with his ORLY interview.

1. I think John Stewart and Ariana Huffington are great examples of the views of the left leaning independants and I think listen to them will give you great insight when dealing with such in debate.

2. Rachael Maddow and Alan harvey (Demand Side Podcast) are the epitomy of leftist short of being a full blown state run socialist... they are again insightful for learning how to debate people of their leaning.

You'd be surprised how much victories you can win by understanding and learning to think like your enemy

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Hold onto your seat.

News Corp. Executives Actually Recently Met With Saudi Billionaire In Mosque Controversy (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/24/news-corp-executives-actu_n_692790.html)

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/newsdetails.asp?Sn=MEDIA&artid=184910

It's already been established that he owns shares of Newscorp. I'd like to see concrete evidence that he is funding the mosque at ground zero. I don't have a dog in this fight btw. I just want some evidence.

heavenlyboy34
08-24-2010, 01:23 PM
1. I think John Stewart and Ariana Huffington are great examples of the views of the left leaning independants and I think listen to them will give you great insight when dealing with such in debate.

2. Rachael Maddow and Alan harvey (Demand Side Podcast) are the epitomy of leftist short of being a full blown state run socialist... they are again insightful for learning how to debate people of their leaning.

You'd be surprised how much victories you can win by understanding and learning to think like your enemy

For once, I agree with you. :cool:

dannno
08-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Well no shit! Who else do you presume I am speaking for other than myself? :rolleyes:

It was the rest of the part in bold that was important, my point was that you seem to like to wait for the mainstream media to report on important things when they never really do.

The revolution will not be televised.

A Son of Liberty
08-24-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm just popping into this thread to declare that I don't give two sh*ts about the mosque, who's funding it, or what agency is reporting on it. I don't care, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is the hottest story among the populace since Lindsay's last coke party.

We've got an economy circling the drain and a burgeoning debt crisis, yet all I hear about is how teh evul mooslems are building a great triumphal arch to teh nine-one-one-tards at America's Holy Ground (tm).

Holy Freaking Non-Event, Batman!!

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 01:33 PM
It was the rest of the part in bold that was important, my point was that you seem to like to wait for the mainstream media to report on important things when they never really do.

The revolution will not be televised.

In this situation, where there is the potential for a huge fallout of a major news corporation that is on their high horse about the funding of the mosque and they intend to hide or disregard the fact that Al-Waleed bin Talal, a major shareholder in newscorp. is funding it, then this - as you have correctly noted - is huge! Forgive me for needing evidence before I come to a conclusion. And your bolded remark is irrelevant when you consider that I stated this earlier:

So stop trying to discredit my opinion and start backing your shit up with something other than a conspiracy theory.

dannno
08-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm just popping into this thread to declare that I don't give two sh*ts about the mosque, who's funding it, or what agency is reporting on it. I don't care, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is the hottest story among the populace since Lindsay's last coke party.

We've got an economy circling the drain and a burgeoning debt crisis, yet all I hear about is how teh evul mooslems are building a great triumphal arch to teh nine-one-one-tards at America's Holy Ground (tm).

Holy Freaking Non-Event, Batman!!

Can't you see how if it came out that Fox News was funding the Mosque that it would completely destroy their credibility? Can't you see that they are the ones pumping this whole thing up, a monster that they themselves created?

Until we educate people about all this crap that they are pulling, they are going to continue to have power over the masses and use it to incite fear, hatred and lead us into more wars, ignoring the Fed and the real problems we face.

It completely baffles me why you would have the attitude that exposing the very people who are barking about the Mosque, and showing that they funded it, is not important to know when the entire country is up in arms!! You want the country to stop being up in arms about the Mosque? Educate them about WHO is funding it!! That is the solution to the problem you are presenting!!

I mean, sure, when this whole thing started, I thought it was all BS and the media needed to just STFU.. but when I found out the very people who were perpetuating it were also the ones who are funding it, while I wasn't surprised, it did in fact create a whole NEW STORY that is in fact EXTREMELY important!!

crazyfacedjenkins
08-24-2010, 01:37 PM

Well I can't speak for dannno, but that wasn't what the Daily Show segment was saying. The Daily Show was playing a clip from Fox and Friends where they eluded to a person that might be funding the mosque, the "founder of Kingdom Foundation" in Fox's words. However they did not mention the name of this person. John simply pointed out the person they were referring to was Al-Waleed bin Talal.

Now do you get it???? FOX news was saying he was the person funding the mosque, not the Daily Show!

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Yippeeee, they mentioned his name :rolleyes:

You're missing the point. (:rolleyes: right back at you).

Fox News is the one making the claim that Alaweed funded the mosque. But there is financial record data that Alaweed funded Fox News. So if Fox News is correct in their analysis then they have just shot themselves in the foot. In fact they've shot themselves in the foot either way. In legal circles this is known as an "admission against interests". In other words, if you make some out of court statement that goes against your own interests, it can be used as evidence against you because it is assumed that you won't lie against your own interest. Understand now?

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 01:38 PM

Please see what I just told Dannno.

Now, the reason I posted the Yahoo article was to point out that the story had been picked up by (at least part) of the MSM.

A Son of Liberty
08-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Can you see how if it came out that Fox News was funding the Mosque that it would completely destroy their credibility? Can you see that they are the ones pumping this whole thing up, a monster that they themselves created?

Until we educate people about all this crap that they are pulling, they are going to continue to have power over the masses and use it to incite fear, hatred and lead us into more wars.

It completely baffles me why you would have the attitude that exposing the very people who are barking about the Mosque, and showing that they funded it, is not important to know when the entire country is up in arms!! You want the country to stop being up in arms about the Mosque? Educate them about WHO is funding it!! That is the solution to the problem you are presenting!!

I wasn't up in arms about the mosque in the first place, and I don't understand why anyone would be... without regards to whom is pumping the story and why.

I seriously don't believe that boobus would care or otherwise note that Fox is both the source and the reportage of this story... I can't figure out boobus. Boobus should care about 1.4 Trillion other things before this stoopid mosque, yet he doesn't. Whatever.

Maybe I'm just especially laconic today, but I can't care about even one iota of this story.

dannno
08-24-2010, 01:39 PM
So stop trying to discredit my opinion and start backing your shit up with something other than a conspiracy theory.

It's not conspiracy theory anymore, a story was posted above showing that they have met on the issue, aka conspired.

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 01:40 PM
You're missing the point. (:rolleyes: right back at you).

Fox News is the one making the claim that Alaweed funded the mosque. But there is financial record data that Alaweed funded Fox News. So if Fox News is correct in their analysis then they have just shot themselves in the foot. In fact they've shot themselves in the foot either way. In legal circles this is known as an "admission against interests". In other words, if you make some out of court statement that goes against your own interests, it can be used as evidence against you because it is assumed that you won't lie against your own interest. Understand now?

But where is it stated that Fox made that claim? It wasn't in the article you posted. As I mentioned before I don't have a dog in this fight, I just want the truth. If he is funding it, let's hear it or read it from a credible source.

dannno
08-24-2010, 01:44 PM
I wasn't up in arms about the mosque in the first place, and I don't understand why anyone would be... without regards to whom is pumping the story and why.

Me too!! We have a lot in common, now try and listen to what I'm saying, because you are clearly missing something here..

My whole goal before this came out was educate people about why the Mosque was a distraction from the real issues, and was blow up and made up by the mainstream media to keep us from focusing on the economy.. I have precisely the same view on this as you do..

I seriously don't believe that boobus would care or otherwise note that Fox is both the source and the reportage of this story... I can't figure out boobus. Boobus should care about 1.4 Trillion other things before this stoopid mosque, yet he doesn't. Whatever.

Maybe I'm just especially laconic today, but I can't care about even one iota of this story.

Boobus cares about the Mosque because Boobus is being told by Fox News that that the Mosque is being funded by terrorists... did you miss that part? However, the Mosque is being funded by Fox News!! If Boobus knew that they have been tricked, then Boobus stops focusing on the damn Mosque cause Boobus knows the real enemy is Fox News and not some damn fake terrorist cell that they made up!! Fox News loses huge credibility with Boobus, and Boobus can focus on OTHER THINGS.

My point is that if you'd listen to what I'm saying and educate people about who is funding the Mosque, you can discredit the mainstream media, and that is an important first step to get people to start thinking about what is important.. because the mainstream media obviously is a huge distraction for people from real issues..

So can you explain to me, in logical terms, why we should keep this information for Boobus, when it IN FACT HELPS US TOWARDS THE GOAL THAT YOU WANT??

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Well I can't speak for dannno, but that wasn't what the Daily Show segment was saying. The Daily Show was playing a clip from Fox and Friends where they eluded to a person that might be funding the mosque, the "founder of Kingdom Foundation" in Fox's words. However they did not mention the name of this person. John simply pointed out the person they were referring to was Al-Waleed bin Talal.

Now do you get it???? FOX news was saying he was the person funding the mosque, not the Daily Show!

Looked up Kingdom Foundation. Didn't find a connection. Couldn't even find where he donated to it. There was a Kingdom Holding Company. I'll watch the clip again and see if maybe you got the name wrong.

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Looked up Kingdom Foundation. Didn't find a connection. Couldn't even find where he donated to it. There was a Kingdom Holding Company. I'll watch the clip again and see if maybe you got the name wrong.

I just did a search for "Saudi Kingdom Foundation". There's the first link that came up.

http://www.kingdom.net/en/CorpCocialRes_KF.asp

And here from that page:

1 - ALWALEED BIN TALAL FOUNDATION - SAUDI ARABIA

* Developing beneficent residential Projects in all areas Saudi Arabia
* Supporting the education of Saudi women and enhancing their social role in all sectors in Saudi Arabia
* Offering medical, health and social assistance to all areas in Saudi Arabia
* Participating in developing the social infrastructure of Saudi Arabia by offering key humanitarian assistance
* Supporting the national charities in all areas of Saudi Arabia

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Found this with regard to Kingdom Foundation : YouTube - Prince Alwaleed Kingdom Foundation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPSlKXJKdCs)

A Son of Liberty
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Me too!! We have a lot in common, now try and listen to what I'm saying, because you are clearly missing something here..

My whole goal before this came out was educate people about why the Mosque was a distraction from the real issues, and was blow up and made up by the mainstream media to keep us from focusing on the economy.. I have precisely the same view on this as you do..

Boobus cares about the Mosque because Boobus is being told by Fox News that that the Mosque is being funded by terrorists... did you miss that part? However, the Mosque is being funded by Fox News!! If Boobus knew that they have been tricked, then Boobus stops focusing on the damn Mosque cause Boobus knows the real enemy is Fox News and not some damn fake terrorist cell that they made up!! Fox News loses huge credibility with Boobus, and Boobus can focus on OTHER THINGS.

My point is that if you'd listen to what I'm saying and educate people about who is funding the Mosque, you can discredit the mainstream media, and that is an important first step to get people to start thinking about what is important.. because the mainstream media obviously is a huge distraction for people from real issues..

So can you explain to me, in logical terms, why we should keep this information for Boobus, when it IN FACT HELPS US TOWARDS THE GOAL THAT YOU WANT??

I get what you're saying, dannno. I just don't think boobus has the intellectual capacity to discern all of this. I mean, I'm all for it - expose away... I'll do my bit when my conservative friends tell me what a nasty bit of islamo-fascism this all is to let them know that the genie lamp was rubbed by Fox itself, but I think it goes like this: I think Fox pumps the stories boobus wants; not boobus eating up the stories Fox pumps.

Boobus thinks teh islam is the enemy. Therefore, Fox (et al) stirs the gruel boobus wants.

It's a shite state of affairs, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any f**king difference. (bonus points to those who get the quote sans Google ;) ).

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 01:58 PM
I just did a search for "Saudi Kingdom Foundation". There's the first link that came up.

http://www.kingdom.net/en/CorpCocialRes_KF.asp

And here from that page:

1 - ALWALEED BIN TALAL FOUNDATION - SAUDI ARABIA

* Developing beneficent residential Projects in all areas Saudi Arabia
* Supporting the education of Saudi women and enhancing their social role in all sectors in Saudi Arabia
* Offering medical, health and social assistance to all areas in Saudi Arabia
* Participating in developing the social infrastructure of Saudi Arabia by offering key humanitarian assistance
* Supporting the national charities in all areas of Saudi Arabia

I saw that too but was looking specifically for the name "Kingdom Foundation". Still no evidence that he is funding the mosque.

crazyfacedjenkins
08-24-2010, 02:03 PM
I saw that too but was looking specifically for the name "Kingdom Foundation". Still no evidence that he is funding the mosque.

Well who cares if he is or isn't, the point is moot? FOX was arguing the case that he was and that's all that matters. It's obvious what kind of game they are playing.

devil21
08-24-2010, 02:09 PM

Just make sure you don't publish it where anyone can read it. Can't have any ill will with the trolls on RPF.

On topic:
It was a funny segment and absolutely true, however MSNBC plays the exact same sorts of games with its own broadcasts to boost ratings. Just another example of how it is all controlled debate to boost profits while keeping the people divided over nonsense issues.

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Well who cares if he is or isn't, the point is moot? FOX was arguing the case that he was and that's all that matters. It's obvious what kind of game they are playing.

I guess it depends on whether you think they are stupid or evil. :D

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 02:12 PM
On topic:
It was a funny segment and absolutely true, however MSNBC plays the exact same sorts of games with its own broadcasts to boost ratings. Just another example of how it is all controlled debate to boost profits while keeping the people divided over nonsense issues.

I agree with this. But I still need more than 'he may have contributed to the mosque'.

Anti Federalist
08-24-2010, 02:18 PM
NewsCorp executives meeting with Al-Waleed bin Talal

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/195375/TALAL-TWO.jpg

It's disingenuous, at best, for NewsCorp to fan the flames in their swindle sheets and on their networks, while at the same time cutting deals with the same people that may be funding the mosque in the first place.

crazyfacedjenkins
08-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Just make sure you don't publish it where anyone can read it. Can't have any ill will with the trolls on RPF.

On topic:

I'm waiting for someone to snap and pull a Nada, destroying the broadcasting antenna.

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 02:29 PM
NewsCorp executives meeting with Al-Waleed bin Talal

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/195375/TALAL-TWO.jpg

It's disingenuous, at best, for NewsCorp to fan the flames in their swindle sheets and on their networks, while at the same time cutting deals with the same people that may be funding the mosque in the first place.

Let me ask you this: if it turns out that there is no connection between Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal and funding for the mosque, is there still a story here? If there isn't, then the "MAY" is a pretty big may.

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 02:38 PM

So what is your alternative hypothesis? At this point you need to stake a claim or else we are running around in circles and wasting time. Are you suggesting that Fox News was talking about a different Kingdom foundation? If so, then what evidence do you have of that? Are you suggesting Fox News just "got it wrong"? If so, that doesn't matter. They were making a big deal about the "Kingdom foundation" funding the mosque and they have apparently received funding from the same source. It's still egg on their face. If you have some other theory then please share it.

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Let me ask you this: if it turns out that there is no connection between Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal and funding for the mosque, is there still a story here? If there isn't, then the "MAY" is a pretty big may.

Sure. Then there are actually two stories. One is that Fox News got their initial story wrong and the second is that if Fox News thought the "Kingdom Foundation" funding this mosque meant the mosque was bad, then Fox News should have looked deeper into its own funding source. The only way this is not a story is if Al-Waleed is connected to a different "Kingdom foundation" than the one Fox was talking about.

Anti Federalist
08-24-2010, 02:41 PM

I think there is.

Even if bin-Talal isn't funding the NYC mosque, I'm sure that he is involved in something that could be perceived as just as inflammatory and "anti Amerrrukun" to the mob of neocon mouth breathers whom Fox and others are whipping up into folken frenzy.

YouTube - A Riot is an Ugly Thing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo1AWW4LV_A)

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Found this with regard to Kingdom Foundation : YouTube - Prince Alwaleed Kingdom Foundation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPSlKXJKdCs)

Is that Ray McGovern 1 minute in?

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 02:47 PM
So what is your alternative hypothesis? At this point you need to stake a claim or else we are running around in circles and wasting time. Are you suggesting that Fox News was talking about a different Kingdom foundation? If so, then what evidence do you have of that? Are you suggesting Fox News just "got it wrong"? If so, that doesn't matter. They were making a big deal about the "Kingdom foundation" funding the mosque and they have apparently received funding from the same source. It's still egg on their face. If you have some other theory then please share it.

I've been pretty clear what my claim is:

In this situation, where there is the potential for a huge fallout of a major news corporation that is on their high horse about the funding of the mosque and they intend to hide or disregard the fact that Al-Waleed bin Talal, a major shareholder in newscorp. is funding it, then this - as you have correctly noted - is huge! Forgive me for needing evidence before I come to a conclusion.

crazyfacedjenkins
08-24-2010, 03:05 PM

See now we are falling into the same old misleading argument. FOX already created the news, the hysteria and mob are now in the streets. FOX got what they wanted, so it DOESN'T matter if he funded it or not. The distraction is the story, the fact that FOX implicated its own shareholder to create the story is mind boggling and worthy of countless hours of analysis on competing news stations.

heavenlyboy34
08-24-2010, 03:11 PM
See now we are falling into the same old misleading argument. FOX already created the news, the hysteria and mob are now in the streets. FOX got what they wanted, so it DOESN'T matter if he funded it or not. The distraction is the story, the fact that FOX implicated its own shareholder to create the story is mind boggling and worthy of countless hours of analysis on competing news stations.

your post is full of win, my friend.

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 03:11 PM
See now we are falling into the same old misleading argument. FOX already created the news, the hysteria and mob are now in the streets. FOX got what they wanted, so it DOESN'T matter if he funded it or not. The distraction is the story, and the fact that FOX implicated its own shareholder to create the story is mind boggling and worthy of countless hours of analysis on competing news stations.

Only if you're one of the numbnuts who falls for it. I am asking a simple question:
Is Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal funding the mosque? If he isn't, I don't care about the fallible pundit who put his foot in his mouth claiming that he MAY have funded it, without any evidence. And I don't care about Stewart and his sandbox mentality comedy show. However, if there is evidence that Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal is in fact funding this mosque, then this is a huge story!!! HUGE! Maybe not to you, but it will be to many who consider Fox as one of their news sources.

heavenlyboy34
08-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Only if you're one of the numbnuts who falls for it. I am asking a simple question:
Is Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal funding the mosque? If he isn't, I don't care about the fallible pundit who put his foot in his mouth claiming that he MAY have funded it, without any evidence. And I don't care about Stewart and his sandbox mentality comedy show. However, if there is evidence that Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal is in fact funding this mosque, then this is a huge story!!! HUGE! Maybe not to you, but it will be to many who consider Fox as one of their news sources.

Community center, not "mosque".

dannno
08-24-2010, 03:17 PM

Cereal.

dannno
08-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Community center, not "mosque".

Both!

crazyfacedjenkins
08-24-2010, 03:43 PM

Does the proverbial smoking gun need to be the bullet hole in your head??? How much will you let FOX get away with murder here?

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Does the proverbial smoking gun need to be the bullet hole in your head??? How much will you let FOX get away with murder here?

What in the hell are you talking about?

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 03:47 PM
I've been pretty clear what my claim is:

Wrong claim. It's not enough (for me anyway) for you to claim a "lack of evidence. You need to specify specifically what evidence you think is missing. Simple yes or no question:

Yes or no: Do you think the Kingdom Foundation Fox News was talking about is the same Kingdom Foundation Prince Alwaleed is aligned with?

If yes then you don't need any more evidence. Fox News has shot itself in the foot.

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 03:49 PM

Why does it matter? The implication isn't that Al-Waleed is evil because he's funding the mosque. The implication is that the mosque is evil because it's funded by "shady groups" like the "Kingdom Foundation" that is actually Al-Waleed's outfit. You've got the cart before the horse.

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Wrong claim. It's not enough (for me anyway) for you to claim a "lack of evidence. You need to specify specifically what evidence you think is missing. Simple yes or no question:

Yes or no: Do you think the Kingdom Foundation Fox News was talking about is the same Kingdom Foundation Prince Alwaleed is aligned with?

If yes then you don't need any more evidence. Fox News has shot itself in the foot.

Am I on trial now for having an opinion and needing evidence before I come to a conclusion???

Wrong claim???? Guess what asshole, you don't get to pick my claims for me! :p

crazyfacedjenkins
08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
What in the hell are you talking about?

Do you really need to find out that Al-Waleed bin Talal funded the construction of the mosque for this to be big news? If FOX implicating one of its shareholders to stir up controversy isn't big news yet, then our standards have fallen so low it will take the gestapo on our doorsteps for us to finally say something is wrong.

crazyfacedjenkins
08-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Why does it matter? The implication isn't that Al-Waleed is evil because he's funding the mosque. The implication is that the mosque is evil because it's funded by "shady groups" like the "Kingdom Foundation" that is actually Al-Waleed's outfit. You've got the cart before the horse.

Exactly!

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Do you really need to find out that Al-Waleed bin Talal funded the construction of the mosque for this to be big news? If FOX implicating one of its shareholders to stir up controversy isn't big news yet, then our standards have fallen so low it will take the gestapo on our doorsteps for us to finally say something is wrong.

Key word being 'implicating'. If all you need are rumors and innuendos to form your opinions then have at it. I like evidence.

heavenlyboy34
08-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Both!

technically, there is a mosque in the center, but the center itself is not a mosque.

crazyfacedjenkins
08-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Key word being 'implicating'. If all you need are rumors and innuendos to form your opinions then have at it. I like evidence.

You still don't get it!!! I'm fucking done, enjoy FOX news.

Deborah K
08-24-2010, 04:00 PM
You still don't get it!!! I'm fucking done.

It's not that I don't get it. It's that I don't agree with you or see it your way. Now go have your hissy fit. :p

dannno
08-24-2010, 04:11 PM

We're not talking about rumors or innuendos, he is funding the group who is funding the Mosque. That's already proven fact. Fox News implicated one of their own shareholders for funding the group that funds the Mosque, and he did. That is why I kept saying before that you are looking for something that isn't there. Of course he isn't going to fund them directly, of course it is going to be through some organization. Why would he fund them directly? That would put him in the "stupid" category, when in fact he is in the "evil" category.

Can you even imagine a situation where he would fund them directly? Seriously? It would never happen. That is why my whole point is that your standards are too high, you want evidence that would never exist in the first place. That is why you look to who benefits, make all the connections and use all the evidence you can to come up with the only plausible scenario.

jmdrake
08-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Am I on trial now for having an opinion and needing evidence before I come to a conclusion???

Wrong claim???? Guess what asshole, you don't get to pick my claims for me! :p

No. Fox News is on trial in the court of public opinion and I'm calling you as a hostile witness. ;) And your ad hominem doesn't get you off the hook "sweetheart".

Anyway I have the answer already. You mistakenly think that it matters whether or not the Fox News corresponded was "correct" in his assertion that the Kingdom Foundation funded the mosque. It doesn't matter in the least. If the accusation that the Kingdom Foundation funding the mosque maligns the mosque then then fact that the Kingdom Foundation is connected to Fox News maligns Fox News. You are entitled to your own opinion Deborah, or even your own "claim", but not your own facts.

Look at it another way. Say if Fox had claimed that Hamas funded the mosque. Say if someone dug up ironclad evidence that Hamas had funded Newscorp. Would Newscorp being "wrong" about Hamas funding the mosque somehow making Hamas funding Newscorp ok?

Or here's a better scenario. Say if the reason Fox News said the founding of the mosque by the Kingdom Foundation was a bad thing because the Kingdom Foundation also funded Hamas or some other similar group? Then if it was proven that the Kingdom Foundation did not found the mosque, but that the Kingdom Foundation did find Hamas, would that make the connection to Newscorp ok?

Todd
08-24-2010, 04:53 PM

We need the Bush and Rumsfeld team to make the connection. ;)

BenIsForRon
08-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Turns out this guy was on Cavuto at some point in the past. Daily show had footage of it for their moment of Zen:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-23-2010/moment-of-zen---prince-alwaleed-bin-talal-on-fox-news

Cavuto mentioned the Kingdom Foundation in the clip.

jmdrake
08-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Turns out this guy was on Cavuto at some point in the past. Daily show had footage of it for their moment of Zen:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-23-2010/moment-of-zen---prince-alwaleed-bin-talal-on-fox-news

From the above clip:

Fox commentator #1: The Kingdom Foundation, so you know, funds radical madrasas around the world....

Fox commentator #2 (Neil Cavuto): [i]I'm very honored today, to have as my special guest tonight, Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal. His Kingdom Holding Company continues to be among the world's most successful and admired."

Fox News = owned.

DebraK: Do you need any more "evidence"? Do you see now why it doesn't matter whether The Kingdom Foundation is beyond the Manhattan Mosque project? If Fox News is correct that the Kingdom Foundation funds radical madrasses around they world then one of their major financial partners funds radical madrasses. Who cares whether or not he also funds the Manhattan Mosque? There is still egg on the face of Fox News. And if it turns out that the Kingdom Holding Company does not fund radical madrassas around the world, then Fox News may be guilty of libel and they still have egg on their face. (Though I don't think a major shareholder is going to sue his own company). I really hope you understand now.

BenIsForRon: Good find.

Deborah K
08-25-2010, 09:59 AM

Here we go. This looks like it brings us closer to the truth.

dannno
08-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Here we go. This looks like it brings us closer to the truth.

Or maybe the truth is that the organization is like the Masons.. they do really really really really good stuff for people, main purpose being to cover up the really really evil shit they do.

Deborah K
08-25-2010, 10:03 AM
DebraK: Do you need any more "evidence"? Do you see now why it doesn't matter whether The Kingdom Foundation is beyond the Manhattan Mosque project? If Fox News is correct that the Kingdom Foundation funds radical madrasses around they world then one of their major financial partners funds radical madrasses. Who cares whether or not he also funds the Manhattan Mosque? There is still egg on the face of Fox News. And if it turns out that the Kingdom Holding Company does not fund radical madrassas around the world, then Fox News may be guilty of libel and they still have egg on their face. (Though I don't think a major shareholder is going to sue his own company). I really hope you understand now.

BenIsForRon: Good find.

It matters to me because Fox is railing about who is funding the mosque. So if one of their major shareholders is funding it, then this needs to be exposed. As I stated before, I don't care about the rest of it. This is my issue.

jmdrake
08-25-2010, 10:42 AM
It matters to me because Fox is railing about who is funding the mosque.

That's only half true. Fox is railing about someone who allegedly funds RADICAL MADRASAS also funding the mosque! If Fox claimed the "Kingdom Foundation" only gave to worthy charities and that they funded the mosque then it really wouldn't matter.

So if one of their major shareholders is funding it, then this needs to be exposed. As I stated before, I don't care about the rest of it. This is my issue.

So in your mind if one of their major shareholders is funding radical madrases, but not the mosque somehow that doesn't matter?

Deborah K
08-25-2010, 10:52 AM
That's only half true. Fox is railing about someone who allegedly funds RADICAL MADRASAS also funding the mosque! If Fox claimed the "Kingdom Foundation" only gave to worthy charities and that they funded the mosque then it really wouldn't matter.

So in your mind if one of their major shareholders is funding radical madrases, but not the mosque somehow that doesn't matter?

Why are you nit-picking me on this? Of course it matters if they are one and the same. Even if they weren't, even if the Kingdom Foundation was the end-all-be-all charity founded by the Prince, Fox, imo, is still obligated to fully disclose to its viewers that the funding they are so zealously trying to expose is being done by a major shareholder of their parent co. - if in fact that is the case.

jmdrake
08-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Why are you nit-picking me on this? Of course it matters if they are one and the same. Even if they weren't, even if the Kingdom Foundation was the end-all-be-all charity founded by the Prince, Fox, imo, is still obligated to fully disclose to its viewers that the funding they are so zealously trying to expose is being done by a major shareholder of their parent co. - if in fact that is the case.

I'm being as nice as possible. (Seriously I edited my last post twice to make sure there was nothing smartass in it). The simple fact is that you are ignoring the larger point that Fox News made two claims about the Kingdom Foundation. The first is that they funded the mosque. But the more important claim is that they funded radical madrases! Really, I can think of why you can't see this, but apparently you can't. I'll remember that the next time someone says they want "smoking gun evidence" for some conspiracy theory. No matter how solid the evidence is, some people will always find a way to say it's not important.

YouTube - Eddie Murphy RAW - It Wasn't Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEovJYZsiDY)

Deborah K
08-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm being as nice as possible. (Seriously I edited my last post twice to make sure there was nothing smartass in it). The simple fact is that you are ignoring the larger point that Fox News made two claims about the Kingdom Foundation. The first is that they funded the mosque. But the more important claim is that they funded radical madrases! Really, I can think of why you can't see this, but apparently you can't. I'll remember that the next time someone says they want "smoking gun evidence" for some conspiracy theory. No matter how solid the evidence is, some people will always find a way to say it's not important.

YouTube - Eddie Murphy RAW - It Wasn't Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEovJYZsiDY)

I don't really care what you think I am ignoring, okay? Quit trying to convince me to see it your way. Why are you always so hell bent on winning the argument? Can't you just accept that people have their own views on things? Geezus! Give it a break.

dannno
08-25-2010, 11:34 AM
So has Fox News done anymore investigation into the Kingdom Foundation?

If it were owned by anybody other than a company shareholder or a CFR partner, I'm pretty sure Fox would have plastered this guy's name everywhere by now. It's only logical based on their past actions.

Brian4Liberty
08-25-2010, 11:55 AM
The most interesting thing posted in this thread is the link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/24/news-corp-executives-actu_n_692790.html) about the media merger between News Corp and Rotana, an Arab Media outlet.

That says more about bringing the NWO together than anything. A global media merger is all it will take...

And Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Alsaud is obviously a big player in the global socialist oligarchy.

The top management of Saudi-based media group Rotana met under the chairmanship of Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Alsaud to discuss the latest developments at Rotana after its strategic alliance with global media giant News Corp.

The meeting, which was attended by Dr Waleed Arab Hashem, vice chairman and Fahad Alsukait, CEO, discussed ways to strengthen the strategic alliance with News Corp.

According to a company statement, Newscorp bought a 9.09 per cent stake in Rotana Group in February to further develop its postion in the media sector in the Middle East and expand it horizon.

Under the terms of the agreement, Rotana said the News Corporation would acquire newly-issued shares in Rotana for $70 million. News Corp has an option to boost its stake to 18.18 per cent in the 18 months following completion.

Pierre Daher, president of Rotana TV Channels, and the members and representitives from News Corporation including Marc Heller, Gary Davey besides Charlotte Burr, vice president of Star Group and Michael Nelson, CFO of Rotana also attended the meeting.

Mach
08-26-2010, 02:57 PM
The way Fox tries to figure things out.... anyone (they choose) can be seen as a terrorist!

KINGDOM FOUNDATION INVESTMENT HOLDINGS

The map below outlines the investment holdings of the organization accused by Fox as supporting terrorism. Among their holdings are Citibank and Four Season Hotels. Fox News has yet to site CitiBank or accuse its 300,000 employees of ties to terrorism. Other holdings include Ebay, Apple, Hewlett Packard, Motorola Corporation, Time Warner, Disney, Ford Motor Company, Proctor and Gamble and PepsiCo.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/08/25/gordon-duff-fox-news-owners-funding-terror-mosque-at-ground-zero/

jmdrake
08-26-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't really care what you think I am ignoring, okay? Quit trying to convince me to see it your way. Why are you always so hell bent on winning the argument? Can't you just accept that people have their own views on things? Geezus! Give it a break.

Whatever Deb.

bruce leeroy
08-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Its hard to take jon stewart too seriously after seeing him say
"you ever seen a $20 bill maaaaaan??
you ever seen a $20 bill ON WEEEEEEEEEEEED?????????"
jon stewart=enhancement smoker always and forever in my eyes