PDA

View Full Version : Who is Glenn Wilson???...

retvet242
08-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Someone posed the question yesterday, and it was forwarded to me...Glenn is the Independent candidate running in Michigan's 1st district...yeah, the "Stupak Seat"...he is not accepting PAC money, corporate donations, or any other special interest funds...the campaign so far has been paid mostly out of pocket, and he will continue to do so...using his cash, and individual contributions...he thinks it will take 2 to 3 million to win, and he has most of that...

Glenn is a regional business man from Rose City Michigan...his stance is for Constitutional government, and his bio can be found here...

www.WilsonForUSCongress.com

pcosmar
09-19-2010, 11:43 AM
I got a call from him. Hadn't heard much before.

I had supported Linda Goldthorpe, and had spoken with her about her decision to try to run GOP.
The power brokers rejected her entirely. I had wished she would run Independent.

I will be looking closer at Glenn. and likely contacting him.

Might be a good one for folks here to get behind
The present choices (R)&(D) are uninspiring.

YouTube - Glenn Wilson vs The Dons! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWSlUEfg37E&feature=player_embedded)

angelatc
09-19-2010, 12:22 PM
There's no way I would vote for Benicek, that's for sure. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all that, but the way the neocons dragged him out of nowhere and declared him the winner at a moments notice was creepy.

Imperial
09-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Wilson made waves when he declared he would pour $2 million in the race, but apparently the FEC wouldn't let him do the initial plan he had to put a bunch of his company's assets up for collateral or something like that.

He still is relatively well-funded compared to alot of third party candidacies for House, but he will definitely have an uphill climb.

One thing that will help him is that the tea party candidate in his district, who was polling 7% in a Benishek internal, was knocked off the ballot by the state.

brenden.b
09-19-2010, 01:24 PM
I haven't heard of him to this point. Does he really have a chance? Probably not. But I will look into him and spread his name around to my family, maybe he can get at least a few votes.

Is he officially going to be on the ballot?

Imperial
09-19-2010, 02:51 PM
I haven't heard of him to this point. Does he really have a chance? Probably not. But I will look into him and spread his name around to my family, maybe he can get at least a few votes.

Is he officially going to be on the ballot?

Yes, he will appear on the ballot. I believe a Green candidate is also going to appear.

brenden.b
09-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I checked the ballot. There is a Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Wilson, and U.S. Taxpayers Party (Michigan Constitution Party). There may have been a Green, I may have just overlooked it.

pcosmar
10-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Just got off the phone with Linda Goldthorpe. I had supported her in the past. She had run but saw which way the (GOP) wind was blowing.
She is now behind Glenn, and contacted me about a space for a billboard.
I just happen to have some on a main trucking route. :)

If anyone feels so inclined, the guy could use some support.
http://www.wilsonforuscongress.com/

p.s. in Linda's words "he's one of us".
I hope so, The other choices really suck.