PDA

View Full Version : How bout an OFFICIAL GET JOHN MAYER TO PHILLY RALLY thread

krott5333
10-16-2007, 06:18 PM
since there is now strong video proof that John Mayer is a strong supporter.

sedele
10-17-2007, 04:04 PM
2nded

im_a_pepper
10-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I just knew he would agree with Ron Paul's message. Ever since I heard him explain the song "Waiting on the world to change." It speaks about waiting for this Bushy government and Democrats who are seeped in their own interests to just disappear and the current generation more or less has given up and just wait for something worthwhile to come along and pull them out of their coma. Low and behold along comes Ron Paul the total definition of the song and sort of what Mayer was hinting at what was needed for many of us. But Mayer is fickle and somewhat eccentric so I'm not sure if he would be a wholehearted supporter instead of an avid observer.
I sincerely hope he is not touted as a supporter before he actually says it. Like everyone did Barry Manilow. Barry Manilow contributed to the campaign. He contributed less though than he did four other democratic campaigns in fact giving Obama the most out of anyone.
J. Mayer would be an ideal supporter imho. One of the few peeps in Tinseltown that I have always respected as a musician and social analytical. Wouldn't that be great. I think Him and Ron Paul are like Cookies and Milk, and Ron Paul loves Cookies.

McDermit
10-17-2007, 05:47 PM
If the TMZ vid was just a stunt, how do we know he's actually a supporter?

parocks
10-17-2007, 08:00 PM
I hope the campaign is working on lining up the right music. I would guess that very soon a lot of top bands would want to play a Ron Paul rally. Personally, I'd like to see younger indie acts. Someone on another post said that Grand Buffet (from Pittsburgh, played SXSW) was a supporter.

http://parocks.com/banners/RONPAULRALLY.gif

terlinguatx
10-17-2007, 08:26 PM

Eric21ND
10-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Let's send him a replica of the constitution and a handwritten invitation from Dr. Paul.

That would make for an unique invitation.

meghandan1
10-25-2007, 04:18 PM
While they have one act booked, please let the office know, email them instead as they need to know. Thanks,
Meghan

WJU4RP
10-28-2007, 07:36 PM
http://eventful.com/events/philadelphia/music-john-mayer-at-ron-paul-for-president-rally-/E0-001-006732049-2

This makes it sound like he's going. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

meghandan1
10-28-2007, 08:11 PM
It does sound like that, but no, it is meant to be part of the demand-it on eventful. That does not mean it has been forgotten though, your comments help support the idea.