PDA

View Full Version : CNN Anderson Cooper - Ron Paul at 10 PM tonight

KramerDSP
08-23-2010, 03:14 PM
I saw a tweet that said Ron Paul would be on the Anderson Cooper show at 10 PM on CNN tonight. I'm guessing they'll talk about the Mosque issue.

The comments following articles about this on leftist blogs are both encouraging and infuriating. Some say he's the most consistent politician in the country, regardless of party. Others say "I finally agree with Ron Paul on one thing", but people who say that generally don't understand his platform or realize that they agree with him on a lot more than just one issue.

MRoCkEd
08-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Calling it now: Anderson will try driving a wedge between he and his son who said he would "prefer the mosque be built elsewhere."

specsaregood
08-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Calling it now: Anderson will try driving a wedge between he and his son who said he would "prefer the mosque be built elsewhere."

I don't see it as a wedge, I bet ron would prefer it also. If anything, so that this divisive wedge issue wouldn't exist. Rand's statement is perfectly consistent with Ron's.

MRoCkEd
08-23-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't see it as a wedge, I bet ron would prefer it also. If anything, so that this divisive wedge issue wouldn't exist. Rand's statement is perfectly consistent with Ron's.
Oh I know, but the media is trying to spin it otherwise.

specsaregood
08-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Oh I know, but the media is trying to spin it otherwise.

Ah, yes. Well I agree that CIA-school-grad Cooper will certainly try to do anything he can to divide and conquer.

With that said, I'm confident of Dr. Pauls amazing ability to disarm the sneakiest of spooks.

Romulus
08-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Ah, yes. Well I agree that CIA-school-grad Cooper will certainly try to do anything he can to divide and conquer.

With that said, I'm confident of Dr. Pauls amazing ability to disarm the sneakiest of spooks.

lol

Has anyone noticed Ron hasnt been in the media much lately?

This has me nervous.. like they are finally black balling him... now he's on Anderson.. Ron has to know he's going to be setup, but something tells me the ninjamaster will use the force of evil and turn it against them. :)

LibertarianfromGermany
08-23-2010, 03:42 PM

And why shouldn't he? Journalists should ask politicians uncomfortable questions (not saying that this one is), the harder the questions are the better a job the interviewer is doing.

HOLLYWOOD
08-23-2010, 03:56 PM
The NY City council, board of supervisors, and city manager all approved the sale/mosque site.

End of Story...

I haven't seen any of those TRILLIONAIRES around Wall Street or the upper east side offer a buyout deal to relocate due to; sensitive, sensational, ignorance and stupidity amongst MSM and the people.

Better yet... work a deal where the Muslims can spend their $100 million on a few floors in the new "FREEDOM TOWERS"? Hell, charge them a premium, make it profitable for all, and put them on the top floors of the new towers... DONE

I hope Ron Paul calls out all the ignorance, hype, and childishness of the; MSM, Special Interest, and how poorly the city of New York has handled it.

PS: There's ALWAYS Imminent Domain!

KramerDSP
08-23-2010, 04:42 PM

The blogs are already planting the seeds. Good old CBS. As reliable as ever.

Ron Paul Backs "Ground Zero Mosque," Splitting with Son Rand (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20014453-503544.html)

Libertarian Congressman Ron Paul is breaking with many of his fellow Republicans - among them his son Rand - to support the creation of the planned Islamic cultural center near the former site of the World Trade Center that has come to be known as the "ground zero mosque."

"This is all about hate and Islamaphobia," he (Paul) argues.

The statement is particularly notable in light of comments on the issue by Paul's son, Kentucky Republican Senate nominee Rand Paul. Rand Paul has said that while he is hesitant to get involved in a local issue, he does not believe the cultural center should be built; "the Muslim community would better serve the healing process by making a donation to the memorial fund for the victims of September 11th," he said.

This has me nervous.. like they are finally black balling him... now he's on Anderson.. Ron has to know he's going to be setup, but something tells me the ninjamaster will use the force of evil and turn it against them. :)

Ron'll crush. He knows what questions are coming. I think he'll turn it back on Anderson Cooper, asking why he is more intent on creating rifts that are not there as opposed to the 13 trillion dollar debt, the fact that the troops really haven't left Iraq, and so forth. I just hope it's live, not taped (and heavily edited).

Daamien
08-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Anderson Cooper needs to return to his old job of hosting The Mole.

KramerDSP
08-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Anderson Cooper needs to return to his old job of hosting The Mole.

Now THAT was a great reality TV game show. I liked every season, even the celebrity one.

thehighwaymanq
08-23-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm expecting a brillant Ron Paul quote that will be replayed in hundreds of Revolution videos from now to 2012. :)

KramerDSP
08-23-2010, 04:58 PM
The Weekly Standard is gloating about this "rift" and egging it on.

"Is Rand Paul Just Another Neocon Stooge?" (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/rand-paul-just-another-neocon-stooge)

Immortal Technique
08-23-2010, 05:14 PM
recorder settings set :D

RM918
08-23-2010, 06:29 PM
And why shouldn't he? Journalists should ask politicians uncomfortable questions (not saying that this one is), the harder the questions are the better a job the interviewer is doing.

Unfortunately they only tend to do it to certain politicians and not the ones that deserve the uncomfortable questions.

KramerDSP
08-23-2010, 07:38 PM
22 minutes until 10 PM EST...

Son of Detroit
08-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Hopefully this is a solid segment and not just a 3 minute, 2 question set.

Epic
08-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Except Rand has made it clear that he supports their private property right to build it; he would just prefer they not do it.

Kregisen
08-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Someone put this on youtube please!!

awake
08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Is there a CNN stream site?

TXcarlosTX
08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Just heard Larry talk it up with that dude. Whats his name? Anyway, its not Cooper hosting tonight. Its that dude.

awake
08-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Sanjay Gupta

CFR Member... How quaint.

HOLLYWOOD
08-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Sanjay GuptaAhhhhh CRAP... a frigin Globalist puppet.

james1906
08-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Except Rand has made it clear that he supports their private property right to build it; he would just prefer they not do it.

The media twisting Rand's stance on property rights out of proportion? No way!

someperson
08-23-2010, 08:10 PM
In addition to the property rights issue, Ron was stating that individuals, including Rand, should not be using guilt-by-association manipulation and "sensitivity" in order to suggest that those involved in the "mosque" project should feel any need to bend to propaganda, demagoguery, and popular misconceptions, as it relates to how they use their property and resources. Such manipulation only serves those who wish to reassociate Islam with the attacks and diminish the role that the state's foreign policy played... great stuff, if one is interested in spreading the war.

HOLLYWOOD
WOW, 3 separate times... about RAND!

How long did it take Sanjay and CNN to bring up the Rand vs. Ron...? :rolleyes:

Son of Detroit
Stop bringing up Rand... Jeeze.

kidal25
Sanjay=hack

Haven't seen Ron this fired up in an interview for a long time!!! :)

Son of Detroit
08-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Ron bringing the fire... Love it!

ScotTX
08-23-2010, 08:13 PM
OMG! Ron ate that dudes lunch! PWNED!

MRoCkEd
Yep.

Ron wasn't falling for that bullshit.

"My point has nothing to do with whether the Mosque should be built. It has everything to do with foreign policy."

RJB
Man, I just read about this and turned it on right as Ron Paul wrapped up the interview.

TXcarlosTX
08-23-2010, 08:15 PM
HA!!! Ron Paul cleaned house at the end and made his point!!! Host just :-) away while his brain couldnt understand so much truth come out of someones mouth! RP2012!!

DirtMcGirt
Did RP say "I like to deal w/ logic" to sanjay?

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN PPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! !!

Arklatex
YouTube - Bob Marley - War / No more Trouble! - with lyrics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL9DXaXufh8)

Depressed Liberator
08-23-2010, 08:17 PM
boooom shakalakalakalakalaka

Son of Detroit
08-23-2010, 08:18 PM
If Ron brings that energy and fire with him to the debates, 2012 will be a very fun and interesting election year.

Jack Bauer
08-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Youtube or it didn't happen.

ScotTX
08-23-2010, 08:19 PM
I think Ron got some Gupta on his shoe from that ass kicking.

Kotin
god I love this man.

getch36
WOW,RP was on fire..............

KramerDSP
08-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Ron Paul just eviscerated Sanjay Gupta and CNN on national television.

Some of the tweets on his feed are VERY POSITIVE thus far. "My new favorite politician" said one. "Fuck yeah, Ron Paul" says another.

Ron Paul 2012! Time to shock the world.

someperson
08-23-2010, 08:20 PM
got link? :)

tnvoter
08-23-2010, 08:29 PM
will pay federal reserve notes for a link plz omg

KramerDSP
08-23-2010, 08:30 PM
For those who didn't see it, Gupta (actually the producer in his earpiece) tried to pull off the Maddow-Rand interview by constantly asking Ron about his take on Rand. Ron went off by the second or third attempt at the same question about Rand, going on a 2-3 minute plus diatribe, while Gupta smiled and grinned through the whole thing while probably dying a slow death inside.

During the three minute rant, Ron was calling out everybody, essentially saying Gupta and CNN were just as guilty of being demogagues and trying to stir and create divisions, distracting from the real issue of the wars overseas. It was ala the best of the 2008 debates. He had his jousting mask on right from the beginning, knowing exactly was coming his way. Man, Ron was pissed.

What's the last famous father-son political tandem in this country in the last few decades? I'm a neophyte of sorts politically. Whatever the answer is, the media was nowhere near as sensational and divisive as they are today.

BuddyRey
08-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Dang, I just missed it!

Kregisen
08-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Someone put this on youtube!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEE

malkusm
08-23-2010, 08:39 PM
What's the last famous father-son political tandem in this country in the last few decades? I'm a neophyte of sorts politically. Whatever the answer is, the media was nowhere near as sensational and divisive as they are today.

Bush?

KramerDSP
08-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Bush?

complete brain fart on my part. Thanks.

Indy Vidual
08-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Someone put this on youtube!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEE

Tube Steaks?
Anyone......

DjLoTi
08-23-2010, 08:50 PM
isn't bush totally worthless by nearly any standard of measure? I'm not surprised you forgot them.

Kevin_Kennedy
08-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I can't believe I forgot to watch this.

Mr.Magnanimous
08-23-2010, 08:56 PM
I can't believe I forgot to watch this.

Yeah, tell me about it. I even had this thread up on my computer, but on a different tab

QueenB4Liberty
08-23-2010, 08:58 PM
The only reason I didn't watch was because I thought it'd be on the tube by now!

Uriel999
08-23-2010, 09:00 PM
sigh...it appears the ron paul basement spammers are failing to get the tubes up! Somebody call Toady, he is gonna be pissed.

StateofTrance
08-23-2010, 09:00 PM
FINALLY!! Here's the video: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2855897#post2855897

KramerDSP
08-23-2010, 09:01 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul: Goal Of Protesting WTC Mosque Is To Blame Islam For 9/11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8vz-2mNO5I)

Uriel999
08-23-2010, 09:04 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul: Goal Of Protesting WTC Mosque Is To Blame Islam For 9/11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8vz-2mNO5I)

oh thank god! I retract my previous statement. :D

DirtMcGirt
08-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for posting...Rand is going to get bombarded w/ this tomorrow...

Has Conway stated his position on the mosque yet?

KramerDSP
08-23-2010, 09:14 PM
The leftists on Twitter are going gaga (http://twitter.com/#search?q=ron%20paul) and suggesting things like he's their favorite Republican by far and that they agree with him on this, while some on the other side are saying Paul doesn't understand Islam and has destroyed his chances for the GOP nomination in 2012.

malkusm
08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
The leftists on Twitter are going gaga (http://twitter.com/#search?q=ron%20paul) and suggesting things like he's their favorite Republican by far and that they agree with him on this, while some on the other side are saying Paul doesn't understand Islam and has destroyed his chances for the GOP nomination in 2012.

Which leads me to support an Independent run even more....

libertybrewcity
08-23-2010, 10:07 PM
owns it once again! way to go Ron!

free1
08-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Catching flack = On target

Banker controlled media is worried about Rand and Ron!

Good!

TCE
08-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Wow...talk about smashing that talking head. Haven't seen Dr. Paul dominate a conversation like that this decade.

Bruno
08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Wow...talk about smashing that talking head. Haven't seen Dr. Paul dominate a conversation like that this decade.

Gupta was out of his league. The voice in his ear was obviously telling him to keep pressing it. I was so glad to see him call him out when he said for the fourth time or whatever, "I hate to belabor the issue, but what about Rand..."

BuddyRey
08-23-2010, 10:44 PM
This must go viral!

TheDriver
08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks for posting...Rand is going to get bombarded w/ this tomorrow...

Has Conway stated his position on the mosque yet?

YouTube - Jack Conway On Ground Zero Mosque (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4vUDFJOFO0)

TheeJoeGlass
08-23-2010, 10:49 PM
lol

Why would Ron care if he went on Anderson Cooper? Ron debated William F. Buckley for crist sakes, and held his own. I watched Bill Buckley sir, and Anderson Cooper is no Bill Buckley. Ron would wipe the floor with Cooper just like he has done to Maddow, Matthews, etc. etc.

Kregisen
08-23-2010, 10:52 PM

Independent run...

pros: would give Ron a 2nd chance if he loses republican primary, and more importantly would convert millions of people in a single election.....

cons: my guess is it would eliminate Rand's chance at president in 2016 or 2020...it would be very tough to travel through the republican primaries when his dad did the very same thing then suddenly went indy.

On top of that, millions of potential neo-cons that could possibly be converted would suddenly hate Ron for "giving" the election to Obama.

Is it worth it?

As of right now I'd guess no.

Matt Collins
08-23-2010, 11:03 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul on Trash TV, 1988 - Pt. 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k)

speciallyblend
08-23-2010, 11:41 PM

i will support any run for Ron Paul 2012, but until that day arrives. i will remain republican and continue to work to get him the gop nomination in 2012.

Liberty Candidates 2010, Ron Paul 2012

messana
08-24-2010, 12:05 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul on Trash TV, 1988 - Pt. 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k)

Wow I don't know how people can watch that and keep their cool.

fletcher
08-24-2010, 12:15 AM

Matt, were you on The Newlywed Game?

YouTube - How long is a Decade? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQw4Vr74t7I)

speciallyblend
08-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Matt, were you on The Newlywed Game?

YouTube - How long is a Decade? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQw4Vr74t7I)

haha lmfao

libertarian4321
08-24-2010, 12:37 AM

I don't see this as a problem.

I think it would have been better if another location was chosen, BUT...

I also believe they have every right to build it at the old Burlington Coat Factory building.

There's a big difference between Rand or Miss USA saying "I think a better location could have been chosen, but they are free to build there if they choose" and the neocon crazies yelling "shut it down, we need to use the heavy hand of government to stop the evil Muslims from building here"

TheTyke
08-24-2010, 01:15 AM
There goes the media again, trying to put words in people's mouths and create division where there are none. We need to stop falling for this... they are master of manipulation. As usual, Rand said essentially the same thing as his Dad, but presented it differently:

“I’m not sure I think the federal government should weigh in on it,” he said. “I think it’s probably a mistake for the president to be weighing in on favor of it as well."

That's exactly what Ron brought up in the interview... he's not interested in whether it's built or not. He took the opportunity to discuss foreign policy, not tell people what should be done.

Great respect for Ron & Rand not being caught up in the sideshow.

BlackTerrel
08-24-2010, 03:53 AM

Taking my personal opinion out of it and trying to be subjective - they are probably right.

You aren't winning the GOP base by taking this stand. Best chance now is to do an indy run.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-24-2010, 04:04 AM
Taking my personal opinion out of it and trying to be subjective - they are probably right.

You aren't winning the GOP base by taking this stand. Best chance now is to do an indy run.

The Left come at it at a completely different angle. To them it's multi-culturalism. For us, it's individual & property rights, tied in with foreign policy implications. We arrive at the same answer, but took completely different paths. The Neo-Cons are just sycophants to the nth degree.

I never understood the lefts hate for Christianity and their seemingly love affair with all other religions. They do the same thing the Neo-Cons do against Muslims. No one has a consistent stand except for libertarians, go figure.

BlackTerrel
08-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Ok just finished watching the video. Overall Ron did a good job....

BUT - how do you not anticipate this question about Rand. I am a casual follower of the news and I KNEW 100% that they would ask this question. Therefore there is no excuse whatsoever for Ron's campaign not to anticipate that question and prepare an answer. Either:

1. Rand and I are actually in agreement on this issue. His position is being misrepresented.

2. Rand and I happen to disagree on this issue in the instance of A, B, and C. He is his own man and we respectfully disagree on a number of issues.

Either of those are fine, good answers. But don't give me:

3. "I don't know what his position is.... mumble, mumble, stumble"

Seriously? What the fuck. As much as I love the guy I sometimes get the feeling he is managed by idiots.

He did a better job just at the end when he clarified his position to Sanjay Gupta. He is very good off the cuff like that.

IPSecure
08-24-2010, 04:28 AM
I thought Dr. Paul handled the Rand question rather well - Ask Rand.
The ball is back in the MSM court, having to interview Rand...

Bruno
08-24-2010, 07:03 AM
I thought Dr. Paul handled the Rand question rather well - Ask Rand.
The ball is back in the MSM court, having to interview Rand...

agreed

TCE
08-24-2010, 02:35 PM

That is exactly what I was referring to. Put this up with the Ben Stein on Larry King and him owning Gupta. When Dr. Paul goes off, it is the most entertaining one minute lesson in liberty ever.

Matt Collins
08-24-2010, 02:56 PM
when dr. Paul goes off, it is the most entertaining one minute lesson in liberty ever.:d :d:d:d

Romulus
08-24-2010, 07:54 PM
That is exactly what I was referring to. Put this up with the Ben Stein on Larry King and him owning Gupta. When Dr. Paul goes off, it is the most entertaining one minute lesson in liberty ever.

lol. I love it when he gets fired up. He's a humble man, but he certainly doesn't take any shit.

wehrwd
08-24-2010, 08:09 PM
I have a bit of a problem with Ron's interview last night. Basically, it's this:

Ron is accusing those who oppose the idea of building a mosque near Ground Zero of engaging in broad generalizations and painting all Muslims with the same brush. I don't have the transcript at hand but this was one of his biggest points.

Yet to me, Ron was engaging in the same sort of generalizing when he basically implied everyone who is against the mosque is against it because of their "hate" and "hatred" for Islam.

Is it not possible many are against the mosque because of the obvious emotional and symbolic issues involved but AREN'T filled with hatred toward Islam?

Paul never seemed to consider that possibility last night, instead, like I said, just grouping all opponents together as guilty of "hatred" even as he decried critics' supposed grouping together of all Muslims and Islam.

Finally, he was asked about his own son and whether Rand was an Islamophobe, and there Ron said of course his son was NOT an Islamophobe. So why isn't it possible many or most others hold Rand's views and don't do so out of hatred or Islamophobia, but out of rational and understandable reasons?

This really bothered me last night even as I was watching the interview. This isn't even about the mosque and that issue, because I don't necessarily have strong feelings about that. I just feel that Ron basically has a major hole in what he was saying last night, and basically it's this: Ron was guilty of doing the same thing he was accusing critics of the mosque of doing.

Depressed Liberator
08-24-2010, 08:26 PM
People who do oppose it hate Muslims. Their reasoning not to build it is because it is "insensitive". Why is it insensitive? 1,500,000,000 people can't have a place of worship because some loonies who called themselves Muslims did some terrible shit nine years ago?

specsaregood
08-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Yet to me, Ron was engaging in the same sort of generalizing when he basically implied everyone who is against the mosque is against it because of their "hate" and "hatred" for Islam.

Is it not possible many are against the mosque because of the obvious emotional and symbolic issues involved but AREN'T filled with hatred toward Islam?

Actually he said just that in one of the cnn interviews.

He also pointed out that not everyone is filled with hate, but that they are played/forced to pick sides by the people that are using it for their own nefarious agenda.

someperson
08-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Watch the interview on CNN American Morning; I think it will clear things up for you, wehrwd.

YouTube - Ron Paul: Without Hate For Islam Our Aggressive Foreign Policy Couldn't Continue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8L2mH-kAlw&feature=channel)