PDA

View Full Version : off-topic Colbert Report on 6/7

SeanEdwards
06-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Did anyone else catch the Colbert report from 6/7? This was one of the funniest Colbert shows I have ever seen. Pure comedy gold.

While it didn't have any specific references to RP, the interview segment was with an author of a book called "Are we Rome", and Colbert was just freakin brilliant in satirizing the American Empire. Sitting there in full centurion costume complaining that our empire is lacking the one thing that made Rome great: crucifixion.

He also had a bit on the "word" segment where he talked about Rudy changing his surname to September 11. Genius.

Check it out on Comedy Central's website if you enjoy his show. This episode was a corker.

angelatc
06-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I worry about Ron Paul. But I did see him make Jon Stewart laugh with the "entertainment salaries, too!" remark, so I have hope.

Did Colbert mention the serfs? That's exactly what "guest workers" would be.

DjLoTi
06-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Sitting there in full centurion costume complaining that our empire is lacking the one thing that made Rome great: crucifixion.

Man... he is awesome. The show with RP should be great for our efforts... lol...

Colbert is so much better then John when it comes to being ridiculous yet subtle. John is more in-your-face. Colbert is more of an atmosphere creator. I can't wait.

winston_blade
06-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I would be worried if he was on there for the "Get to Know a district series". I think he will be fine, because Colbert seems to make more of an ass of himself than anyone else during the real interviews. Can't wait to see it. I love Colbert.

theblatanttruth
06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
It's on again today on Comedy Central at 2:30 PM EST

DjLoTi
06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I saw this one congressmen for the Arizona district I believe. Man.. this guy was a dope... and clearly supported illegal immigration. It was just crazy.

I think RP is going to knock it out of the park. I think he's going to do great. I just hope RP gets a break sometime because he is really hustling.

SeanEdwards
06-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I would be worried if he was on there for the "Get to Know a district series". I think he will be fine, because Colbert seems to make more of an ass of himself than anyone else during the real interviews. Can't wait to see it. I love Colbert.

The BKAD part of the 6/7 show was hilarious too. I'm serious the entire 6/7 show was just outstanding. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.