PDA

View Full Version : Priest States: 'Obama was born in a Muslim Country...Watch the Panic that ensues

teacherone
08-22-2010, 03:39 PM
YouTube - Priest States: 'Obama was born in a Muslim Country' on Fox News and Watch the Panic that Ensues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vstkpp4Rmy8&feature=player_embedded)

Zippyjuan
08-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Hawaii is a muslim country? :)

(birther posts to follow I am sure!)

tasteless
08-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Even Kenya isn't a Muslim country, only 10% Muslim. I'm surprised the Fox anchor corrected him.

What he meant was that he was raised in a Muslim Country (Indonesia).

libertybrewcity
08-22-2010, 04:52 PM
lots of corrections here. seems that many are misinformed. i am also at fault.

lynnf
08-22-2010, 05:22 PM
but the fact is, no matter what country he was born in, he was born a Muslim, having had a Muslim father.

lynn

dean.engelhardt
08-22-2010, 06:41 PM
but the fact is, no matter what country he was born in, he was born a Muslim, having had a Muslim father.

lynn

Muslim by sperm?????

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-22-2010, 06:48 PM
This rampant anti-Muslim sentiment is starting to remind me of a certain anti-Jewish sentiment in the 1930s...just saying.

TrueFreedom
08-22-2010, 06:49 PM

lynn

Wow. Very uneducated quote there.

Toureg89
08-22-2010, 06:52 PM

lynn
lol. my dad is a muslim, and he didnt raise me in religion.

and i'm not talking about some pakistani that calls himself a muslim because he listens to the preachings of the local imam.

my dad had the quran memorized at an early age, as did his father before him.

YumYum
08-22-2010, 06:52 PM
That twit is a "Father"?

Stary Hickory
08-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Hawaii is a muslim country? :)

(birther posts to follow I am sure!)

Yes because you made an idiotic statement. You are no better than someone who believes Obama is born 100% for sure in a Muslim country.

Zippyjuan
08-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes because you made an idiotic statement. You are no better than someone who believes Obama is born 100% for sure in a Muslim country.

The whole thing is idiotic.

Kregisen
08-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Who the hell cares?

OMG he's a christian, let's vote for him! OMG now he's a muslim, kill him!

He's neither....who knows what the hell he believes. I'd say there's a better chance he's an atheist than anything, and I really couldn't care less.

Vessol
08-22-2010, 08:57 PM
This rampant anti-Muslim sentiment is starting to remind me of a certain anti-Jewish sentiment in the 1930s...just saying.

Tell me about it.

I recently had a Teo-o-con tell me that Muslims don't have any God-given rights because they do not qualify as human beings.

Fredom101
08-22-2010, 09:36 PM
This whole thing is meaningless. Next topic?

Humanae Libertas
08-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Soetoro accidentally admits he's a Muslim.

YouTube - Re: Obama Admits Muslim Faith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQqIpdBOg6I)

FrankRep
08-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Soetoro accidentally admits he's a Muslim.

Out of Context.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp

RedStripe
08-22-2010, 10:32 PM

lynn

You ancestors were pagans. I guess that makes you one.

Uriel999
08-22-2010, 10:37 PM
That is a joke, he met his dad twice in his entire life, and his dad was an atheist.

Muslim, atheist, according to Faux News both want to destroy Amerika they can't tell the difference after a while. See all Muslims want to kill those precious white blue eyed christian babies by blowing them up or shooting them with an AK47 while all atheists want to abort them. :cool: :rolleyes: Remember Fuax news is designed for essentially anybody you see here:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Bruno
08-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Out of Context.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp

That wasn't out of context. He posted the whole 2 minute clip. I saw it live that morning and thought it was a Freudian slip at that time. It still looks like one to me. The snopes article just discusses that people clipped just that phrase "my Muslim faith" without showing the whole context. The whole context to me still looks like he was caught in a Freudian slip.

Aside from the fact that he kept trying to put McCain in the camp that accused him of being Muslim, despite that Steph kept trying to correct him on it. He looks like an arrogant ass in that interview.

Andrew-Austin
08-22-2010, 10:48 PM

lynn

And this is the greatest argument against him of course, anyone who points out this is guaranteed to win an argument and be held in high esteem.

Not, it just makes them look like retarded bigots for not focusing on the issues.

silus
08-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Obama is a liberal elitist. He's not religious. And its funny that the same people that accuse liberals of being godless are the same ones that accuse Obama of being some sort of Muslim spy.

clarity
08-23-2010, 01:57 AM
Obama was raised as a Muslim when he lived in Indonesia.

libertythor
08-23-2010, 02:23 AM
Why are so many people defending Obama here? Let the POS get eaten alive.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-23-2010, 04:59 AM
We shouldn't need to prove he was born in another country, if that's true, to get rid of him. He's a criminal and committed treason against this country, and that should be enough. He should be tried like Bush and his associates. The problem is we need to get organized and prosecute these criminals, they aren't going to arrest themselves.

RedStripe
08-23-2010, 05:27 AM

Yea, let's just ignore the truth for the sake of political opportunism. Thanks for the advice Rudy Giuliani.

Pericles
08-23-2010, 08:43 AM

Haven't met any Jews who think everyone in the world should convert or be killed. Just saying.

specsaregood
08-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Haven't met any Jews who think everyone in the world should convert or be killed. Just saying.

What would you consider nationbuilding --spreading democracy through the barrel of a gun -- then? Is not forcing democracy on people through warfare not "convert or be killed"?

Bruno
08-23-2010, 08:56 AM

Why is discussing whether he is a Muslim or not automaticaly mean anti-Muslim? I'm not anti-Muslim, just weighing in on the issue. If Obama still identifies himself more as a Muslim than a Christian, then it would be yet just another lie he has perpetuated on the American public.

So let me get this straight, Obama born in Hawaii raised in Hawaii and Kansas by white Christian grandparents, sees his biological father twice in his life, goes on to college, marries a Christian black woman, attends church for 20 years and you draw on the fact he is Muslim because he misspoke that he is really a Muslim? Nothing adds up, people just think Obama is too exotic.

1) No one has any friends name Barack
2) Hussein is a Muslim name
3) Obama sounds similar to Osama

Islam is pretty exotic to most people, so people just equate them together. Shit I bet people don't even know that the illegals who are hopping the border are actually Christian.

Oops - You left out this below. And I'm pretty sure most Americans realize that the majority of Mexicans are Catholics. :rolleyes:

Obama was raised as a Muslim when he lived in Indonesia.

Pericles
08-23-2010, 09:01 AM
What would you consider nationbuilding --spreading democracy through the barrel of a gun -- then? Is not forcing democracy on people through warfare not "convert or be killed"?

If using some other bad behavior is a justification for my bad behavior, that justifies anything I choose to do.

In that case, the US is justified to do anything it wants to do to Muslims because the Barbary pirates were Muslim.

specsaregood
08-23-2010, 09:04 AM
If using some other bad behavior is a justification for my bad behavior, that justifies anything I choose to do.

In that case, the US is justified to do anything it wants to do to Muslims because the Barbary pirates were Muslim.

I didn't say it justified anything. I'm just replying to your absurd claim that:

True, they may not want to force them to convert to judaism but jewish folk have been at the forefront of pushing the nation-building ideology. And both involve forcing people to change their culture and values through force.

If anybody was "justifying" anything, it was you.

jmdrake
08-23-2010, 11:37 AM

Well that's basically the way the original Hebrew conquest of Palestine happened. Remember the story of Jericho? Every man, woman and child was killed except for the prostitute who betrayed her own people by hiding the spies?

Or what about the recent "Left behind" video game where the "Christian" protagonists must either covert everyone else in the world or kill them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind:_Eternal_Forces

jmdrake
08-23-2010, 11:41 AM

You made the initial claim that Muslims were somehow unique in how they attempted to spread their values. It was an over broad and inaccurate generalization. Some Muslims feel that way. Some Christians feel that way. Hebrews historically acted that way. None of it's actually justified.

Akus
08-23-2010, 11:57 AM

I didn't vote for Obama, will not vote for him in '12, do not at all care for his politics, but I will say to no end that he is not a Muslim and people who seriously believe he is are idiots. The same idiots who will not vote for Ron Paul because he supposedly said we deserved 9/11. Same people who will believe that he is a terrorist sympathizer because he doesn't want to bomb everything and everybody, no matter how evident the opposite is.

People are incredibly stupid. It may help us against Obama, but will hurt the liberty movement specifically because Ron Paul is about substance and actual solutions not blabbering stuff like some focus group belives will catch traction.

Akus
08-23-2010, 12:00 PM
That twit is a "Father"?

That tabloid TV channel is "NEWS"?:eek:

furface
08-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Whenever Obama says or does things that are reasonable, like talking about ending wars or that people should be allowed to build whatever they want on their property, he's accused of being a Muslim. When he goes back to warmongering and bigotry, people are reassured that he's a good American Christian. It has nothing to do with either faith, just the stupid way most Americans see it. Our religion is now based on warmongering and stupidity, that's America's majority religion nowadays.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2010, 12:15 PM

Actually, it reminds me a lot of the anti-Christian sentiment I've seen in the last few years.... just sayin'.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Actually, it reminds me a lot of the anti-Christian sentiment I've seen in the last few years.... just sayin'.

I know this is off-topic, but every time I see your avatar, it makes me laugh.

BlackTerrel
08-23-2010, 12:32 PM
That wasn't out of context. He posted the whole 2 minute clip. I saw it live that morning and thought it was a Freudian slip at that time. It still looks like one to me. The snopes article just discusses that people clipped just that phrase "my Muslim faith" without showing the whole context. The whole context to me still looks like he was caught in a Freudian slip.

Aside from the fact that he kept trying to put McCain in the camp that accused him of being Muslim, despite that Steph kept trying to correct him on it. He looks like an arrogant ass in that interview.

I don't know what exactly qualifies as a Freudian slip but I think these things are rather common and not at all an indication of hiding something - unless you WANT to seize on it and make it so.

Only a few days ago I was describing a basketball game where a player was injured and I said "he was taken off the field.... I mean the court".

For a second my mind was thinking of something else. Doesn't mean that the player was actually on a field (he wasn't) any more than it means Obama is a Muslim (he's not).

oyarde
08-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Obama is a liberal elitist. He's not religious. And its funny that the same people that accuse liberals of being godless are the same ones that accuse Obama of being some sort of Muslim spy.

I think this is closer to the truth.He probably has no faith at all , but would use any to advance himself when convenient.

BlackTerrel
08-23-2010, 12:33 PM

A couple things:

1. Saying he is not a Muslim is not defending him. There is nothing wrong with being Muslim.

2. We don't need to lie to get our point across. There is enough that is really wrong with Obama that we do not need to make stuff up.

bruce leeroy
08-23-2010, 12:36 PM
I dont know what michelle ever saw in him :(
anyway, I dont think obama is a muslim...........I can understand that some kind of are uncomfortable with his upbringing/ties to islam culture-wise, but IMO its kind of irrellevant

Vessol
08-23-2010, 12:38 PM
You know IF Obama is a Muslim, he's terrible at being it.

He eats pork, drinks alcohol, he doesn't respect Ramadan. Nor does he face Mecca ever in prayer, nor has he even ever gone on a visit to Mecca.

That sounds like a really shitty Muslim to me.

Pericles
08-23-2010, 12:48 PM
A couple things:

1. Saying he is not a Muslim is not defending him. There is nothing wrong with being Muslim.

2. We don't need to lie to get our point across. There is enough that is really wrong with Obama that we do not need to make stuff up.

This - going off beyond the fringe in order to try and make others look worse than they really are is a major reason it is next to impossible to have reasonable dialog anymore.

Bruno
08-23-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't know what exactly qualifies as a Freudian slip but I think these things are rather common and not at all an indication of hiding something - unless you WANT to seize on it and make it so.

Only a few days ago I was describing a basketball game where a player was injured and I said "he was taken off the field.... I mean the court".

For a second my mind was thinking of something else. Doesn't mean that the player was actually on a field (he wasn't) any more than it means Obama is a Muslim (he's not).

I don't really care whether he is or is not a Muslim. I care whether he is lying about it or being deceitful. I believe he was caught in a slip of the tongue saying "my Muslim faith". Obama chooses his words very carefully. It is interesting that this slip occured from a man who does so. You would think he would have said something like, "McCain questioning whether or not I am a Muslim".

Additionally, as I mentioned, Stephanopolous had to keep redirecting Obama back to that fact that McCain never questioned his faith. Funny that Obama got caught in his slip when he was trying to put McCain in that camp. Irony.

btw - You're example is not even comparable.

Pericles
08-23-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't really care whether he is or is not a Muslim. I care whether he is lying about it or being deceitful. I believe he was caught in a slip of the tongue saying "my Muslim faith". Obama chooses his words very carefully. It is interesting that this slip occured from a man who does so. You would think he would have said something like, "McCain questioning whether or not I am a Muslim".

Additionally, as I mentioned, Stephanopolous had to keep redirecting Obama back to that fact that McCain never questioned his faith. Funny that Obama got caught in his slip when he was trying to put McCain in that camp. Irony.

btw - You're example is not even comparable.

I think there was no teleprompter available during the interview.

Bruno
08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
I think there was no teleprompter available during the interview.

that is the best explanation yet and the only time you are likely to hear a slip and get the truth.

(e.g. Joe the Plumber and "redistribute wealth" -oops!!)

I'm sure Obama just misspoke or worded it "inartfully"