PDA

View Full Version : How close is district 14 to Houston?

Allen_72289
08-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi, I recently moved to the east end of Houston. My lease is up in May and I would like to relocate to Ron Paul's district while maintaining a short drive to Houston. So, where is the closest Ron Paul real estate to Houston? preferably southwest!

Thanks!!!

Anti Federalist
08-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi, I recently moved to the east end of Houston. My lease is up in May and I would like to relocate to Ron Paul's district while maintaining a short drive to Houston. So, where is the closest Ron Paul real estate to Houston? preferably southwest!

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the board.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/maps/111th/TXH14.gif

JoshLowry
08-22-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm a Realtor and have helped lots of families buy and sell in SW Houston.

Let me know if you need any help.

http://www.WestHouston.com

erowe1
08-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Don't forget about redistricting after the census. There's a distinct possibility that any given location that's in RP's district right now might not be as of the 2012 election. I don't know how to figure out what you're safest bets are if you want to account for that.

Edit: I suppose the safest bet if it's really important to you would be to move as close as possible to his hometown of Lake Jackson. But then your commute would be like an hour (according to Google Maps).

Imperial
08-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Commute from Lake Jackson to Houston would be more than an hour. Right now, your best bet is probably somewhere in the Clear Lake area (Pearland, Friendswood, League City), but you have to be careful which house you get there. It is a gerrymandered mess, with some houses in Pete Olson's district and some in Ron Paul.

Allen_72289
08-22-2010, 08:59 PM
On the map there is a section close to I-10 which is located in the southwest area near Houston, where exactly is this?

Thanks guys!!!

james1906
08-22-2010, 09:47 PM
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/maps/111th/TXH14.gif

SNL fans should appreciate this map.

Also, is Cinco Ranch in the 14th?

JoshLowry
08-22-2010, 10:16 PM
SNL fans should appreciate this map.

Also, is Cinco Ranch in the 14th?

It looks like the western part of it is, but some of the east side is not.

libertybrewcity
08-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Don't forget about redistricting after the census. There's a distinct possibility that any given location that's in RP's district right now might not be as of the 2012 election. I don't know how to figure out what you're safest bets are if you want to account for that.

Edit: I suppose the safest bet if it's really important to you would be to move as close as possible to his hometown of Lake Jackson. But then your commute would be like an hour (according to Google Maps).

True that. Texas is posed to pick up 2-4 seats in the house!

Number19
10-30-2010, 09:29 PM
On the map there is a section close to I-10 which is located in the southwest area near Houston, where exactly is this?

Thanks guys!!!Sorry to be a little late in contributing, but I'd be real careful about this area; it stands a very good chance of being excluded from the 14th this next time around. I'd wait until after the redistricting, but if you can't, another area to look at is south on 288 in the Manvel area, north of the county seat Angleton. 288 is an easy commute.

smithtg
10-30-2010, 10:21 PM

most of league city is in RP district, but what and effed up mess around houston with some of the other districts. lake jackson, and galveston will probably stay in his district through the redistricting