PDA

View Full Version : RPF MEMBERS,Simple question! Please answer

speciallyblend
08-21-2010, 10:15 PM
As you can see i keep making the same point but no one replys with a logical answer or they just ignore!

I would like rpf members republican or non-republican to explain this to me.

How can a non-republican become a delegate at a republican convention state or national and help Ron Paul Win the Republican Nomination by voting at the convention in 2012????

i thought i knew the answer but it seems heavenlyboy and many rpf members seem to know of another way but they will not explain or tell me how to become a republican delegate if i am not a republican!

can anyone please explain this to me and rpf members and non-republicans??

thehunter
08-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm working completely on memory here (so it might be wrong), but I believe that some states allow for independents to select the party whose primary races they wish to participate in during an election year.

libertybrewcity
08-21-2010, 10:22 PM
you have to be a republican to be a republican delegate i would think..but in many states you don't have to register as a republican to vote in the republican primary.

speciallyblend
08-21-2010, 10:27 PM
you have to be a republican to be a republican delegate i would think..but in many states you don't have to register as a republican to vote in the republican primary.

i know the answer. i just want non-republicans to explain how they are gonna help Ron Paul win delegate votes at conventions. where you have to be republican! i want these folks to explain how they can be a delegate in colorado without being a republican. the bottom line is how they expect to win a nomination for Ron Paul in the gop in states where you have to be republican?

i want them to explain how they become a delegate in the republican party while not being a republican. this is the root of the problem;) they say they want Ron paul 2012 but then they fail! unless they know of a new process tobe a delegate for the gopwithout being a republican! i am not talking about open primaries!!

speciallyblend
08-21-2010, 10:30 PM

exactly what i am saying. how are they going to nominate a republican in a gop convention if they have to be republican to be a delegate. i really want them to answer this. they cannot . bottom line if your not a republican you cannot support Ron Paul in Republican Convention unless your a Republican Delegate!

speciallyblend
08-21-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm working completely on memory here (so it might be wrong), but I believe that some states allow for independents to select the party whose primary races they wish to participate in during an election year.

those states are not going to win the nomination. i hear you . i already knew about open primary states. i want the non-republicans to explain how they plan to be republican delegates to nominate Ron Paul 2012! i was using a hint of sarcasm;)

FrankRep
08-21-2010, 10:33 PM
It's sad to see so many Libertarians bragging about how badly they lose elections. Getting 3-5 percent of the vote isn't a cause to celebrate.

speciallyblend
08-21-2010, 10:35 PM
It's sad to see so many Libertarians bragging about how badly they lose elections. Getting 3-5 percent of the vote isn't a cause to celebrate.

i just want all these folks to explain how non-republicans can become republican delegates in closed primary states or the national gop convention! i have been asking for almost 1hr and all heavenlyboy and others can do is not answer!!

thehunter
08-21-2010, 10:36 PM

Well said!

speciallyblend
08-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Well said!

i hope i made my point;) and for those that didn't get my point, register republican!!

low preference guy
08-21-2010, 10:41 PM
i hope i made my point;) and for those that didn't get my point, register republican!!

+1

puppetmaster
08-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Thats what we did in Nevada in 2008...registered republican and then when we won the delegate spots the party leaders canceled the results. The parties are private organizations so there is NO RECOURSE......so this was not the answer last election cycle nor will it work this cycle. You see the party leaders do not care about parties they care about the end goal and lining their own pockets. Controlling two parties is much easier then three.

But you can always register republican and then vote third party if RP decides to run that way......:)

All I'm saying is we better have a plan "B" for THIS election cycle......

thehunter
08-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Thats what we did in Nevada in 2008...registered republican and then when we won the delegate spots the party leaders canceled the results. The parties are private organizations so there is NO RECOURSE......so this was not the answer last election cycle nor will it work this cycle. You see the party leaders do not care about parties they care about the end goal and lining their own pockets. Controlling two parties is much easier then three.

But you can always register republican and then vote third party if RP decides to run that way......:)

It's not new for parties to cook the results, but what was the "justification" they used?

RedStripe
08-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Ron Paul encourages his supporters to vote/support third parties. I guess you guys disagree with Ron Paul when you say that we aren't supporting the cause if we don't register as republicans. Maybe if you actually listened to the man instead of just telling other people what to do with our time and telling other people how to support him... I think we know how to support him, thank you very much.

low preference guy
08-21-2010, 11:05 PM
It's not new for parties to cook the results, but what was the "justification" they used?

i am not sure but their justification was thrown away because their action was declared illegal.... more than a year after the election. that's one of the reasons Sue Lowden lost in Nevada. people on the ground in Nevada claimed that a major factor to her primary loss was opposition to her from the grassroots for illegally closing that convention that would've nominated Ron Paul delegates.

libertarian4321
08-21-2010, 11:06 PM

It is not necessary for every RP supporter to be a delegate. We don't need a million+ delegates for RP to be nominated.

We need to vote for him in the primary, but in many states that does not require registering as a Republican.

To many of us, registering in the abomination that is the modern Republican Party is about as appealing as voluntarily signing up to be put on a sex-offender registry.

I voted for RP last time, and became a delegate. I'll vote for him again, but I doubt that I'll become a delegate again- but at that point, it shouldn't be necessary.

In any event, I'll keep my exposure to the GOP as limited as possible.

The really strange thing is, I've spent the majority of my life as a Republican, but the party has become so vile that the mere thought of registering as a Republican makes my skin crawl.

Icymudpuppy
08-21-2010, 11:11 PM
I am not registered to a party. My state does not require it. I was a Ron Paul delegate to the Washington State Republican Convention in 2008 and cast my delegate vote for Dr. Paul, as well as casting my votes to amend the State Republican Platform. Washington State is open primary.

RedStripe
08-21-2010, 11:14 PM
I am not registered to a party. My state does not require it. I was a Ron Paul delegate to the Washington State Republican Convention in 2008 and cast my delegate vote for Dr. Paul, as well as casting my votes to amend the State Republican Platform. Washington State is open primary.

but you're not a republican so it doesn't matter what you say!1 you are the reason ron paul fails 2012!11 i'm a whacked out loser on meth!1

/s

libertarian4321
08-21-2010, 11:15 PM

Okay, since you made the claim, why don't you go ahead and post 10 instances where 10 Libertarians on these forums "bragged about losing elections."

I've never seen a Libertarian bragging about losing elections. However, some Libertarians believe that working within the GOP is not the best approach.

I hope you are intelligent enough to understand the difference.

RedStripe
08-21-2010, 11:16 PM
I hope you are intelligent enough to understand the difference.

Idealist spotted.

puppetmaster
08-21-2010, 11:19 PM
i am not sure but their justification was thrown away because their action was declared illegal.... more than a year after the election. that's one of the reasons Sue Lowden lost in Nevada. people on the ground in Nevada claimed that a major factor to her primary loss was opposition to her from the grassroots for illegally closing that convention that would've nominated Ron Paul delegates.

The reason they said they closed the convention was that they had run out of time....but it was just BS. The real reason was they had results that they did not like.

It was not illegal as they are a private organization. The National convention folks said they did not run the state convention properly so they seated there own delegates at national. There is no jurisdiction for the courts here.

sucks but true. I do know that BOTH parties do not want a third party.......I also know why:D

Promontorium
08-21-2010, 11:56 PM
If Ron Paul gets enough support to ACTUALLY WIN he won't need you here bitching that people on RPF aren't entirely Republicans.

You're still talking like a loser. That shit better stay in 2008 where it failed miserably. You won't scam the system in 2012. Either there's more than enough people to be Ron Paul delegates, or it doesn't matter.

In the meantime, I hate hate hate the Republican Party and all its evils.

paulitics
08-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Ron Paul encourages his supporters to vote/support third parties. I guess you guys disagree with Ron Paul when you say that we aren't supporting the cause if we don't register as republicans. Maybe if you actually listened to the man instead of just telling other people what to do with our time and telling other people how to support him... I think we know how to support him, thank you very much.

Ron paul encourages others to vote 3rd party if there isn't a republican running at that time and place with a constitutional small government platform. He did this in the 2008 election after losing the primaries, to show unity against the wars and assaults on civil liberties. At that specific time, it was the right thing to do.

What you are implying, that in 2010, 2012 Ron paul wants couldn't be further from the truth. How many candidates is RP endorsing that isn't a republican for state and congressional elections? If Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, or Schiff or someone else runs on the republican ticket, you actaully think RP is going to endorse 3rd party?

Ron Paul's plan has always been to take over the republican party with liberty minded people, and this has always been crystal clear from the beginning.

Ron Paul, campaign for liberty, etc wants us to register republican...and the sooner the better because it is going to make a difference as to whether he runs or not. Why are you so against this?

MelissaWV
08-22-2010, 07:51 AM
If Ron Paul gets enough support to ACTUALLY WIN he won't need you here bitching that people on RPF aren't entirely Republicans.

You're still talking like a loser. That shit better stay in 2008 where it failed miserably. You won't scam the system in 2012. Either there's more than enough people to be Ron Paul delegates, or it doesn't matter.

It failed miserably because people didn't want to support him in the Primaries. That was the first real domino that fell. There were a lot of people on a lot of forums saying they wanted Dr. Paul to win, and that they'd vote for him in an election... with no idea how to actually get him elected. It's not about "being a Republican," it's about registering as such. In case you haven't noticed, while you were busily hating the Republican Party and all its evils, Dr. Paul has run as Republican and would be likely to do so in the future.

I suppose it doesn't matter, but that always makes me think why people are on this site if it doesn't matter. Perhaps they enjoy the mental masturbation, and fear making any kind of progress, lest they be unable to (as FrankRep put it) brag about losing. I would rephrase it to say that some people on this site brag about being outsiders, and to actually do better would mean that they'd have to shelve some of that talk.

As to the original question, the main thing one can do to get someone elected is to participate in the process when possible. If someone isn't registering Republican, that's fine and that's their right. They can educate themselves on the process and decide what's best to do if they really want Dr. Paul to win. Maybe they'll show up at the Convention anyhow as a cheering section, and to give the press positive interviews about Dr. Paul. Maybe they'll sign-bomb the route Dr. Paul is going to take to get to the Convention location. Maybe they'll coordinate to help provide refreshments, or maybe they'll provide lodging for delegates. Maybe they'll organize money bombs for travel so that people who have to travel a long way to get to the Convention site will be more likely to do so. There are non-delegate ways of helping, but they all pale when compared to the impact of actually casting a vote that helps decide whether or not he'll be the nominee for your state.

Keep in mind that, even if he doesn't win your state, Dr. Paul having a large number of delegates will mean whoever wants to win the state might have to bargain with you. If you can turn a zero into something, and others do their part in the states that can be won, it certainly goes a lot better than every state coming back a big fat nothing.

Aratus
08-22-2010, 09:10 AM
each state has varied "regs" for people to vote Republican...
the inference is... its easier for outsiders to go GOP and be at
a convention in some states rather than others by degrees...

Aratus
08-22-2010, 09:11 AM
wendell willkie had been a Democrat...
by 1940 he is the GOP party nominee!

Icymudpuppy
08-22-2010, 09:16 AM
each state has varied "regs" for people to vote Republican...
the inference is... its easier for outsiders to go GOP and be at
a convention in some states rather than others by degrees...

Exactly. I am also a republican precinct officer and have a vote at my local republican meetings though I am not a registered republican. Indeed, since registration doesn't exist in my state, we don't have ANY registered republicans in any of our state party positions.

I'm going to run to be the democratic precinct officer too next year, so I can have a vote in the operations of both parties at the county level.

speciallyblend
08-22-2010, 05:56 PM

FO your the reason why ron paUL WILL NOT RUN IN 2012! I THINK THAT MAKES YOU THE LOSER! SEEMS TO ME PEOPLE ARE UNWILLING TO GET rON pAUL THE GOP NOMINATION ARE THE REAL LOSERS AND THAT MEANS INCLUDE YOURSELF SINCE YOU LIKE TO CALL PEOPLE LOSERS FOR TRYING TO NOMINATE rON pAUL! OOPS HIT THE SHIFT BUTTOM MINI ME CAN FIX IT;) teasin

speciallyblend
08-22-2010, 06:00 PM

you should hate yourself really. you are going to help Ron Paul lose the 2012 gop nomination by not registering republican!!

not like i like the republican party!

speciallyblend
08-22-2010, 06:03 PM
It failed miserably because people didn't want to support him in the Primaries. That was the first real domino that fell. There were a lot of people on a lot of forums saying they wanted Dr. Paul to win, and that they'd vote for him in an election... with no idea how to actually get him elected. It's not about "being a Republican," it's about registering as such. In case you haven't noticed, while you were busily hating the Republican Party and all its evils, Dr. Paul has run as Republican and would be likely to do so in the future.

I suppose it doesn't matter, but that always makes me think why people are on this site if it doesn't matter. Perhaps they enjoy the mental masturbation, and fear making any kind of progress, lest they be unable to (as FrankRep put it) brag about losing. I would rephrase it to say that some people on this site brag about being outsiders, and to actually do better would mean that they'd have to shelve some of that talk.

As to the original question, the main thing one can do to get someone elected is to participate in the process when possible. If someone isn't registering Republican, that's fine and that's their right. They can educate themselves on the process and decide what's best to do if they really want Dr. Paul to win. Maybe they'll show up at the Convention anyhow as a cheering section, and to give the press positive interviews about Dr. Paul. Maybe they'll sign-bomb the route Dr. Paul is going to take to get to the Convention location. Maybe they'll coordinate to help provide refreshments, or maybe they'll provide lodging for delegates. Maybe they'll organize money bombs for travel so that people who have to travel a long way to get to the Convention site will be more likely to do so. There are non-delegate ways of helping, but they all pale when compared to the impact of actually casting a vote that helps decide whether or not he'll be the nominee for your state.

Keep in mind that, even if he doesn't win your state, Dr. Paul having a large number of delegates will mean whoever wants to win the state might have to bargain with you. If you can turn a zero into something, and others do their part in the states that can be won, it certainly goes a lot better than every state coming back a big fat nothing.

i hear you melissa. I think my Republican Delegate threads have earned a new ignore list to add folks to! it is a shame when the rpf site is made of of a bunch of folks who don't want Ron paul running at all! if they are unwilling to register republican and help Ron Paul Win the gop nomination. they deserve obama!

Meatwasp
08-22-2010, 06:23 PM
i hear you melissa. I think my Republican Delegate threads have earned a new ignore list to add folks to! it is a shame when the rpf site is made of of a bunch of folks who don't want Ron paul running at all! if they are unwilling to register republican and help Ron Paul Win the gop nomination. they deserve obama!
They are anarchists and don't believe in voting. Ignore them. SB

speciallyblend
08-22-2010, 07:03 PM
They are anarchists and don't believe in voting. Ignore them. SB

well if stary hickory registers republican. Then i guess letting so called ron paul supporters bash me for trying to Nominate Ron Paul 2012 is worth it!!

I am beginning to understand why Ron Paul didn't win in 2008. i wanted to blame the neo-cons and media but in reality it was ron paul supporters!!

MelissaWV
08-22-2010, 08:07 PM
well if stary hickory registers republican. Then i guess letting so called ron paul supporters bash me for trying to Nominate Ron Paul 2012 is worth it!!

I am beginning to understand why Ron Paul didn't win in 2008. i wanted to blame the neo-cons and media but in reality it was ron paul supporters!!

Partly, yes. Since this movement is a relatively small part of the party, it would have required the vast majority of people involved to learn the machine and try to dive in at an early enough point to make a difference. In some states, it's going to be impossible, but in many states there could have been a brighter outcome.

speciallyblend
08-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Partly, yes. Since this movement is a relatively small part of the party, it would have required the vast majority of people involved to learn the machine and try to dive in at an early enough point to make a difference. In some states, it's going to be impossible, but in many states there could have been a brighter outcome.

Colorado CFL and The Liberty-Tea Party Movement with Republican Liberty-Minded Candidates have a strong chance to Win In Colorado(local to state and even the senate) in 2010. The Voters in Colorado will decide who is real or fake! I think only the sincere and liberty-minded republicans will win in Colorado! i have a feeling if the failed cogop hasn't heard the wake up call in the 2008 election. they are gonna go DEAF in 2010 in Colorado!
Liberty Candidates 2010, Ron Paul 2012 I just hope Ron Paul gets more aggressive in holding the failed gop's feet to the fire to point of burns!!