PDA

View Full Version : I'm 52 years old and...

Cap
10-16-2007, 05:29 PM
In all my years of being politically active, I have never seen the passion and electricity that the "Ron Paul Revolution" is generating. Hands down, there is something special happening here!!!

JoshLowry
10-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Here is a late welcome to the forums!

Stick around we have lots to talk about. ;)

MsDoodahs
10-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi, Cap, and welcome!

It's GREAT, isn't it? :)

American
10-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Amen, and welcome to the forum...:)

adpierce
10-16-2007, 05:34 PM
President Paul.... sounds so sweet doesn't it! Get Fired up!

quickmike
10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
In all my years of being politically active, I have never seen the passion and electricity that the "Ron Paul Revolution" is generating. Hands down, there is something special happening here!!!

Welcome Cap!!! Always good to see new faces around here.

Just wondering, what brought you to learn about and support Ron Paul?

I ask everyone new this question, so if you dont want to talk about it, just tell me to shut up. LOL

Its just that I always like to have an idea of the mindset of new supporters and where they came from politicaly

EvilTwinkie
10-16-2007, 05:42 PM
I love posts like this. Welcome home Cap. This is indeed something special.

A perfect storm is brewing.

scubasteve01
10-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Awesome..., just curious Cap, how'd you hear about Ron?

chowda
10-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey Cap! welcome! Viva La Revolution!

hard@work
10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey! Welcome!

:)

Imagine when we triple in numbers!!

orenbus
10-16-2007, 05:53 PM
welcome cap!

now it's our turn to kick a little ass :D

werdd
10-16-2007, 05:54 PM
welcome onboard cap, im 19 and i have never been politically active :)

Cap
10-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks everybody for the kudos.

I have been a fan of Ron Paul since the early 90's. His voting record caught my eye after my brother in law, who lives in Texas said:

"WE have a true follower of the Constitution down here, his name is Ron Paul, you need to check him out".

Well, I did check him out, eventually through the New American and their "Conservative Voting Index". 100% ranking every year, if memory serves me right. Yeah, I've been a fan for a while.

terlinguatx
10-16-2007, 06:14 PM

skilt
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the train, we've pulled out of the station, and we're picking up serious steam and well on our way to our destination.

Sk

Nash
10-16-2007, 07:21 PM

Statements like this from people older than I am really make me optimistic because I don't have to much to compare this to.

I wasn't alive during the Goldwater campaign and too young to remember Reagan. Is the enthusiasm for Paul eclipsing their grassroots support? It's hard to a step back and look at this stuff objectively when you're right in the middle of everything.

bbachtung
10-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Cap, welcome, and I hope that you have plenty of registered voters living with you in Michigan . . .

RP08
10-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Cappy, welcome to the forum!!! Thank you so much for your post. Its such as these that truly energize me further!

You and I are witnessing history in the making. I feel it. I feel my own pride (hopefully it doesn't "goeth before a fall"). I see it on the streets.

I come from an old American military-in-every-generation family and have never been as proud as I am right now of being a passionate active American patriot.

Ron Paul is the catalyst. WE are the movement.

-RP08

empirenine
10-16-2007, 08:09 PM
This is the kind of stuff that really inspires me to work hard for RP.

CurtisLow
10-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Sup Cap! Glad to have ya on board!

mavtek
10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Cap good to have you aboard! Tell everyone you know, tell them to tell everyone they know, and gosh darn it have some fun!

31 and never voted, never cared, until now.

Drknows
10-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Welcome, we all eat, sleep and breath RON PAUL!!!

CMoore
10-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Is the enthusiasm for Paul eclipsing their grassroots support?

Yes.

I am 55 years old and have always been interested in politics. In my entire life I have never seen this kind of enthusiasm for a political candidate.

lucius
10-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks everybody for the kudos.

I have been a fan of Ron Paul since the early 90's. His voting record caught my eye after my brother in law, who lives in Texas said:

"WE have a true follower of the Constitution down here, his name is Ron Paul, you need to check him out".

Well, I did check him out, eventually through the New American and their "Conservative Voting Index". 100% ranking every year, if memory serves me right. Yeah, I've been a fan for a while.

Welcome Cap! We all share auspicious births--this type of lightning does not strike every generation. Nice avatar!

hornet
10-17-2007, 03:42 PM
welcome cap, nice to see people more my age joining up!

I wasn't alive during the Goldwater campaign and too young to remember Reagan. Is the enthusiasm for Paul eclipsing their grassroots support?

i'm a year or so older than cap and i will say that i too have never (thats NEVER!) in my life life seen such absolute magic surround a candidate! even mcgovern even goldwater even god bless him reagan! you've really got to appreciate the opportunity we have here. i think its fair to say you'll tell your grandkids about this one.

RP08
10-17-2007, 03:48 PM
its fair to say you'll tell your grandkids about this one.

PROUDLY and any chance I get!

I truly feel like this is history in the making.

ghemminger
10-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Michigan is ground zero - good luck my friend!

Adamsa
10-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Welcome!

Cap
11-06-2007, 04:40 PM
As I said early on in this thread a few weeks ago:

"Hands down, there is something special happening here!!!"

After yesterday, all I can say is WOW.

Danny Molina
11-06-2007, 04:44 PM
There definitely is Cap. :D

Roxi
11-06-2007, 04:45 PM

i know its exciting huh?:p

RP4ME
11-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for joining us Cap - glad that you are here ...Im so sick of MSM saying we are all collge interent nerds living in mas basement...we are too diverse for that .....:D were you the one intereview today???

BillyDkid
11-06-2007, 04:49 PM
In all my years of being politically active, I have never seen the passion and electricity that the "Ron Paul Revolution" is generating. Hands down, there is something special happening here!!!You're a baby. I'm 53. and you're right, this is a historic thing that's happening. The MSM is doing their best to miss it.

parke
11-06-2007, 04:49 PM

Your right on the point. It is special. We are so lucky to have him. Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Danny Molina
11-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks for joining us Cap - glad that you are here ...Im so sick of MSM saying we are all collge interent nerds living in mas basement...we are too diverse for that .....:D were you the one intereview today???

I was thinking the same thing!

That guy was from Illinois though.

freelance
11-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi Cap, welcome to the forum. Glad to see more from my age group participating. You'll find this to be a lively forum.

MikeStanart
11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the train, we've pulled out of the station, and we're picking up serious steam and well on our way to our destination.

Sk

http://a6.vox.com/6a00ccff8a4fe0673100ccff92f8ced756-500pi

This seemed appropiate.

thelastdiamond
11-06-2007, 04:53 PM
You're a baby. I'm 53. and you're right, this is a historic thing that's happening. The MSM is doing their best to miss it.

I have a year on you at 54! I don't think this movement is age based. It's change based. Ron Paul is the only candidate who actually represents what most people are looking for in a President.

Hopefully the fundraising will allow Ron Paul to be known for who he is. His message is simple, and his voting record completely supports his message.

With a history like his, he HAS to be the real thing!

robofx
11-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Just wondering, what brought you to learn about and support Ron Paul?

I ask everyone new this question,

I discovered Ron a few years ago when I typed something like "American Police State" into google & one of the hits was this insightful congressman from Texas ...

The day I discovered he was running for president was the most exciting, electrifying day of my life.

Meatwasp
11-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Well I am older than all of you and we had the same enthusiasm for Reagan. We loved him and sent him money and talked about him all the time. He was the first and only presidentual canidate we sent money too until Ron Paul came. Welcome youngster

AZJV
11-06-2007, 05:05 PM
You're all youngsters. I'm 57 and have never in my life contributed to a politician or had a political sticker on ANY of my vehicles. That is until now!!!

I have contributed 4 different times with more to come, and I now have Ron Paul bumper stickers on both vehicles.

I have a Ron Paul t-shirt and ball cap.

"Something is happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear" but I'm on board!!!

granny miller
11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm 54 and have been a Republican my entire life. I agree that I have never seen anything like what is happening.