PDA

View Full Version : Google's Plans to Takeover The Internet Exposed

ericsnow
08-21-2010, 11:33 AM
What do you think of this video? Honestly I don't even know if this internet 2 thing would work. I think a lot of people would boycott it and raise hell. However in the unlikely event internet 2 happens and becomes popular (and the old free web dies) we have to expose it for what it is and fight it while we still can.

YouTube - Breaking: Google's Plans to Takeover The Internet Exposed!! - Alex Jones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv-G79DIY7k&feature=player_embedded)

ericsnow
08-21-2010, 12:34 PM
What do you guys think about internet 2? Good or bad thing?

ericsnow
08-21-2010, 02:59 PM
bumpity bump :)

Stary Hickory
08-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Google is starting to get on my bad side. In fact It's quite easy to use another search engine. Without government coercion google will be dealt with by the free market.

They think too much of themselves I am very close to starting my own movement to boycott them and use other search engines.

kahless
08-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Google is starting to get on my bad side. In fact It's quite easy to use another search engine. Without government coercion google will be dealt with by the free market.

They think too much of themselves I am very close to starting my own movement to boycott them and use other search engines.

Every time Eric Schmidt opens his mouth I try to remind myself that I need to stop using Google.

DamianTV
08-21-2010, 06:23 PM
http://www.hideyourride.com/gop/netad.jpg

Petar
08-21-2010, 06:56 PM
"Internet 2" is complete hysterics.

Mega corporations will never be able to corporatize the internet, until there is an FCC style government agency that is created to "keep the internet free".

In short, "Net-Neutrality" legislation is corporatist bullshit.

justinc.1089
08-21-2010, 07:59 PM
"Internet 2" is complete hysterics.

Mega corporations will never be able to corporatize the internet, until there is an FCC style government agency that is created to "keep the internet free".

In short, "Net-Neutrality" legislation is corporatist bullshit.

Thats EXACTLY what IS going to happen.

The government WILL begin to regulate the internet and transform it into an oligarchy just like the way tv is an oligarchy.

You could already guess what sites, like tv channels, will come in what subscription packages. It could be like what another person here posted above; I myself have seen the picture they posted before.

It is absolutely NOT hysterical to be concerned about this.

The government has already tried to push for "Net Neutrality" at least once to my knowledge, and failed thankfully, and now they're trying again.

The only thing that will stop the government from monopolizing the internet is a strengthened liberty movement, which luckily, at the moment we have. I'm not sure if its strong enough to stop the government's efforts on the internet yet, actually I'm doubtful, but if the liberty movement does not become strong enough to stop the government, the internet WILL become monopolized.

However, it will remain free.

It will not be charged for. The people saying that are hysterical. The government and the corporations would all rather see it remain free so that people feel like everything is lovely, when really they only have like 100-500 websites to choose between all of which offer only limited content that is controlled just like television media.

The government took over television quickly, what makes you think they don't and/or can't do the same to the internet?

ChaosControl
08-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Google is the devil.

Go with good local ISPs. **** any mega corp ISP and **** the government and any idiotic attempts it makes to regulate the net.
The net needs to remain free, from government and form mega corps.

wizardwatson
08-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Come on Alex.

I think I've watched movie releases of yours on Google Video and you and your users are pretty hardcore Youtube-aholics.

I mean, this video in the OP has your face with Youtube right below it.

The Kool-Aids gettin' a little stale man.

EDIT: Oh, wait maybe its like reverse psychology. Google wants to show your video so that I won't think they are evil!!!! Holy shit I almost fell for that!!!

sevin
08-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Google is evil. Stop using Google. There are plenty of other options out there that use similar algorithms like ask.com. Or scroll down a bit on this page for a list of other alternative search engines that are just as good. http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/top_100_alternative_search_engines.php

EndDaFed
08-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Come on Alex.

I think I've watched movie releases of yours on Google Video and you and your users are pretty hardcore Youtube-aholics.

EDIT: Oh, wait maybe its like reverse psychology. Google wants to show your video so that I won't think they are evil!!!! Holy shit I almost fell for that!!!

If the CEO of google wanted Jones off google he would be off google indexing and youtube. That whole bullshit censorship nonsense he has been running of late is just laughable. I don't care how many truthers you had re-uploading his videos. Youtube has the technology to prevent any content it does not want to be uploaded from appearing. They already use this technology to prevent copyrighted content from being uploaded to their servers.

YouTube - Video Identification (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWizsV5Le7s)

Petar
08-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Thats EXACTLY what IS going to happen.

The government WILL begin to regulate the internet and transform it into an oligarchy just like the way tv is an oligarchy.

You could already guess what sites, like tv channels, will come in what subscription packages. It could be like what another person here posted above; I myself have seen the picture they posted before.

It is absolutely NOT hysterical to be concerned about this.

The government has already tried to push for "Net Neutrality" at least once to my knowledge, and failed thankfully, and now they're trying again.

The only thing that will stop the government from monopolizing the internet is a strengthened liberty movement, which luckily, at the moment we have. I'm not sure if its strong enough to stop the government's efforts on the internet yet, actually I'm doubtful, but if the liberty movement does not become strong enough to stop the government, the internet WILL become monopolized.

However, it will remain free.

It will not be charged for. The people saying that are hysterical. The government and the corporations would all rather see it remain free so that people feel like everything is lovely, when really they only have like 100-500 websites to choose between all of which offer only limited content that is controlled just like television media.

The government took over television quickly, what makes you think they don't and/or can't do the same to the internet?

Yeah, you are right, but I didn't explain myself very well.

"Internet 2.0" is usually something that is presented as being the impending consequence of a currently unregulated internet, and that is what I was trying to explain is just hysterics and propaganda.

thehunter
08-21-2010, 10:12 PM
There's certainly some arguments that need to be made about confronting Google/other companies on their violation of privacy rights, but Internet 2.0 (as it's officially known!) is going to be more of a corporate domain than internet one. The internet as we know it will remain in internet one, while (as the video mentions) internet two will be like a "private road" on the net.

My concerns with this debate isn't that Google/the government isn't up to no good, it's that the details have been greatly confused during the discussion.

That said, my new slogan on technology is "Don't be Google"!:)

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-22-2010, 05:22 AM

I support this movement. I think I'll stop using google right about... now. The other search engines aren't that bad anyway.

Stary Hickory
08-22-2010, 07:29 AM
I support this movement. I think I'll stop using google right about... now. The other search engines aren't that bad anyway.

I am with you no more Google, I have to uninstall Google chrome too. I get sick of private companies with fascist ambitions. I want to see Google buried. How many times have American freedoms suffered at the hands of corrupt fascist companies? Not this time!

ChaosControl
08-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Well I used scroogle and have adblock and cookes disallowed for google, so google doesn't make money from my searches anyway, but I'm all for just going with a different search altogether.

ericsnow
08-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Come on Alex.

Yes we are pretty hardcore youtube-aholics.

Naturally his face would be on a video with youtube right below it if the video is hosted on youtube.

Don't understand your point about kool aid.

I guess you're saying Alex is a hypocrite for being on youtube? Well the thing is this is an INFOWAR... the front lines of that war happen to be on youtube and google, hence Alex and his supporters are there.

AutoDas
08-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Well I used scroogle and have adblock and cookes disallowed for google, so google doesn't make money from my searches anyway, but I'm all for just going with a different search altogether.

wow you block their ads that probably pay for this site. this movement needs more selfless people like you

ericsnow
08-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Make sure you guys spread this video to everyone you know. We need to raise awareness of this.

ericsnow
08-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Post this on other forums and message boards and put it on your facebook, myspace, or twitter. Oh and...

RON PAUL 2012!

Stary Hickory
08-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Ask.com works just as well as google...almost the same search results. Canceling Verizon phone and boycotting Google. It makes me feel a little better anyways, and I will tell Verizon I am canceling because if Net Neutrality.

clarity
08-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Google was probably created to do exactly what they are currently doing.

ericsnow
08-23-2010, 10:37 PM
What search engine do you guys recommend instead of google?

ericsnow
08-24-2010, 01:22 PM
What search engine do you guys recommend instead of google?

Is bing good?

Stary Hickory
08-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Is bing good?

Ask.com works almost like google. It gives me the same results. I dislike Yahoo because it gives me krap results, but www.Ask.com does not do this.

WaltM
08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
you can complain all you want kids, you have to sooner or later realize that you have NO right, constitutional, God-given or otherwise, to internet access. So the fact corporations have the property and power to charge what they want, is the result of capitalism and private property, hopefully one day you'll learn to admit that private property hurts you too, you're only for it when it benefits you. You're more than happy to use the government and force against private property if it's to your interest.

WaltM
08-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Is bing good?

bing is owned by microsoft, if that helps.

WaltM
08-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Come on Alex.

yeah, exactly.

it's fearmongering between the government and corporations.

Don't you guys remember when Alex Jones refused to use MySpace because it was owned by News Corp? Now he's changed that, because it's to his benefit.

He wants to say "Google is evil" because the name Google hits home to everybody, but he refuses to stop using Google as a search engine, Google Adsense to make money, and YouTube to spread his propaganda (because Alex Jones, like all humans, HAS A PRICE)

paulpwns
08-24-2010, 02:08 PM
If the CEO of google wanted Jones off google he would be off google indexing and youtube. That whole bullshit censorship nonsense he has been running of late is just laughable. I don't care how many truthers you had re-uploading his videos. Youtube has the technology to prevent any content it does not want to be uploaded from appearing. They already use this technology to prevent copyrighted content from being uploaded to their servers.

YouTube - Video Identification (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWizsV5Le7s)

Did anyone else notice Ed and Elain brown in that video?