PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Swedish prosecutors say rape suspicions against Julian Assange are unfounded

bobbyw24
08-21-2010, 11:02 AM
STOCKHOLM (AP) — Swedish prosecutors withdrew an arrest warrant for the founder of WikiLeaks on Saturday, saying less than a day after the document was issued that it was based on an unfounded accusation of rape.

They said that for the moment Julian Assange remains suspected of the lesser crime of molestation in a separate case.

The accusations have been labeled a dirty trick by Julian Assange and his group, who are preparing to release a fresh batch of classified U.S. documents from the Afghan war.

Swedish prosecutors had urged Assange — a nomadic 39-year-old Australian whose whereabouts were unclear — to turn himself in to police to face questioning in the case involving suspicions of rape and the other based on an accusation of molestation.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/08/21/sweden-seeks-wikileaks-founder-arrest-in-rape-case/

Anti Federalist
08-21-2010, 11:08 AM
I read through the other thread on this topic.

I'll repeat what another poster said:

Neutralization FAIL.

00_Pete
08-21-2010, 11:31 AM
His "street creed" just increased in just a few hours...smart Illuminatus smart Illuminatus ;)

Congratulations to the Swedish masonic-illuminatus lodge, simple, clever almost no resources spent and good results. I have great respect for the Illuminatus :)

Kotin
08-21-2010, 11:41 AM
why would they do this?? it doesnt help at all to silence him.. just giving him more attention

Aratus
08-21-2010, 11:58 AM
someone knew he had encrypted files being internetted into his realm.
someone contrived the case so as to place him inside an embarrassment.
this implies the wikileaks "leaks" were done in 3 to 6 month increments totally.

t0rnado
08-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Maybe it was to show him that they could get to him at any time.

Fredom101
08-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Why does it even matter if they get Assange?
He has a network ready to take over the releasing of videos if he's nabbed. And he may not even be the guy in charge of wikileaks for all we know.