PDA

View Full Version : WikiLeaks Founder Wanted On Rape Charges [Update: Charges Dropped!]

Bruno
08-21-2010, 05:31 AM
UPDATE: Charges have already been dropped

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38797243

Prosecutors withdraw warrant for WikiLeaks founder Assange, saying rape suspicion unfoundedAdvertisement | ad info
updated 2 hours 5 minutes ago
Share Print Font: +-STOCKHOLM — Prosecutors withdraw warrant for WikiLeaks founder Assange, saying rape suspicion unfounded.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_SWEDEN_WIKILEAKS?SITE=SCAND&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Aug 21, 7:21 AM EDT

Prosecutors: WikiLeaks founder suspected of rape

STOCKHOLM (AP) -- A spokeswoman for the Swedish prosecutors office says WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is wanted on suspicion of rape and he should contact police for questioning.

Spokeswoman Karin Rosander tells The Associated Press that a prosecutor in Stockholm issued an arrest warrant for Assange late Friday and that authorities have not yet heard from him.

Rosander says Assange is suspected of molestation and rape in two separate cases and "should contact police so that he can be confronted with the suspicions."

Assange denied the charges Saturday on WikiLeaks' Twitter page, saying they "are without basis and their issue at this moment is deeply disturbing."

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

STOCKHOLM (AP) - A Swedish tabloid reported Saturday that an arrest warrant has been issued for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on suspicion of rape, and officials said they could confirm "media reports."

Assange addressed the report on WikiLeaks Twitter page, saying "the charges are without basis and their issue at this moment is deeply disturbing."

The prosecutor's office in Stockholm issued a brief statement saying it "confirms media reports that a foreign citizen has been arrested in absentia" but didn't name Assange.

"The arrest refers to two separate events, one complaint of molestation and one complaint of rape," the statement said.

"The person is arrested in absentia, as there is a risk that he could obstruct the investigation," it said.

Expressen said prosecutor Maria Haljebo Kjellstrand confirmed that Assange, who is an Australian citizen, was the person sought on the warrant. Haljebo Kjellstrand could not be reached for comment Saturday. The prosecutor's office said all information related to the case would be posted on its website.

"We were warned to expect 'dirty tricks.' Now we have the first one," WikiLeaks said on its Twitter page.

"Expressen is a tabloid; No one here has been contacted by Swedish police. Needless to say this will prove hugely distracting," it said in another tweet.

WikiLeaks has angered the Obama administration by publishing thousands of leaked documents about U.S. military activities in Iraq and Afghanistan. Assange said Wednesday that WikiLeaks plans to release a new batch of 15,000 documents from the Afghan war within weeks.

Assange was Sweden last week partly to apply for a publishing certificate to make sure the website, which has servers in Sweden, can take full advantage of Swedish laws protecting whistle-blowers.

He also spoke at a seminar hosted by the Christian faction of the opposition Social Democratic party and announced he would write bimonthly columns for a left-wing Swedish newspaper.

BenIsForRon
08-21-2010, 05:36 AM
Honestly, Assange comes off as a little creepy, which is probably why the globalist went with this angle.

Definitely a political hit job, they're trying to get him deported or tried on anything possible.

RM918
08-21-2010, 05:58 AM
Hah! Obvious set-up. What a crock, I'd say I'd be shocked if anyone actually bought this but I know they will.

t0rnado
08-21-2010, 06:48 AM
The worst thing he could do is turn himself in to the police, who obviously fabricated these charges just so that they could have him in their custody. If he does, hopefully he won't commit suicide by means of three gun shots to the back of the head while he is being interrogated by the thug police.

The timing of this is strange as well because the 15000 Afghan War docs were supposedly going to be posted tomorrow evening.

kahless
08-21-2010, 06:58 AM
It is not "obvious" either way. It is possible he thinks he is untouchable because if anyone went after him people, like those in this forum would claim government conspiracy. The guy had the balls to leak documents that would put others in harms way, it is not so far fetched to think he could try to get away with rape.

RM918
08-21-2010, 07:01 AM
It is not "obvious" either way. It is possible he thinks he is untouchable because if anyone went after him people, like those in this forum would claim government conspiracy. The guy had the balls to leak documents that would put others in harms way, it is not so far fetched he would rape someone.

Actually, that sounds EXTREMELY far-fetched. Suppose they should indict Bush and Obama for rape next?

furface
08-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Other sources are claiming he's also charged with "molestation." I'm not sure what the legal definition of molestation is in Sweden. In America when we hear the term we think child molestation, but I don't think this is the case in Sweden.

Here are a few interesting cases:

http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2008/05/17/man-found-guilty-of-bicycle-molestation/

http://www.thelocal.se/18560/20090331/

I'm not sure if the following really happened or is just a 50 year old man's fantasy. There are lots of false positives in the area of sex crimes.

http://www.thelocal.se/20694.html

ghengis86
08-21-2010, 07:19 AM
http://m.cnn.com/primary/_SJFfWH-iOZmbE3cxGy

this CNN piece says there is no victim named and there are no details on when or what happened.

Total setup to get Julian into custody

Fredom101
08-21-2010, 07:24 AM
Of course this is a total setup, but lets say they get him and lock him up. Don't you think he's completely prepared for something like this and has all kinds of backups? Wikileaks will not just die because Assange is in jail. They won't miss a beat and will keep releasing videos. In fact I'm wondering if he has any videos up his sleeve that he can threaten to release to avoid prison?

TC95
08-21-2010, 07:28 AM
It's a lie. Anyone who believes this is so gullible. They're smearing him because he won't shut up.

kahless
08-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Total setup to get Julian into custody

We have not seen all the evidence yet to make that kind of definitive statement.

For example did the rapes occur before the release of the documents?

amy31416
08-21-2010, 07:33 AM
The guy had the balls to leak documents that would put others in harms way, it is not so far fetched to think he could try to get away with rape.

Soooooo....men with some fortitude/courage are more likely to rape someone?

That's an interesting notion.

Koz
08-21-2010, 07:37 AM
I know this is limited in my thinking, but the guy looks like he weighs 95 lbs and is sickly. I'm pretty sure my wife could kick his ass any day of the week and she is tiny. I don't think he could force anyone to do anything.

Fredom101
08-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Maybe the point is not necessarily to capture him and lock him up, but simply to smear his image. "Ha ha you believe that guy? He's a convicted rapist!"

james1906
08-21-2010, 07:41 AM
The guy had the balls to leak documents that would put others in harms way, it is not so far fetched to think he could try to get away with rape.

I would think whistleblowers are more likely to play by the rules.

kahless
08-21-2010, 07:47 AM

Providing information that may result in the assasinations of civilians I do not consider fortitude and courage. If he had done more to prevent the identification of individuals I may have thought differently about him.

If the rapes occured prior, then releasing such documents would be a good insurance policy to prevent conviction. We have not seen all the evidence yet to form a definitive opinion either way.

amy31416
08-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Providing information that results in the assasinations of civilians I do not consider fortitude and courage.

If he had done more to prevent the identification of individuals I may have thought differently about him.

Mmmhmmm....last I checked, nobody's been assassinated because of these documents.

Got any links to back up your claim?

MN Patriot
08-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Pretty obvious the Establishment is putting out this red herring smear. Allege he is a rapist, therefore all the documents he leaked must not be true.

If a group of people are in a anti-establishment movement, accuse them of being racists.

If one person stands up to the establishment, accuse them of rape.

00_Pete
08-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Never trusted this guy since he claimed he claimed to have built a cathode ray tube at school, connected it backwards and the geriger counter went all the way to 40,000...

It a known fact the spy agencies love their nutters, liars, rapists, pedophiles, etc...

My question about his own white hair goes nowhere. However, Assange told me when we first talked (we have several conversations), that his hair went white at 15.

''I was very blond until 12-ish, until puberty. I built a cathode ray tube at 15, at school, and connected it backwards. The Geiger counter went 1000, 2000, 3000, 40,000. That was about the time. Also I had some head scans, because I had something like viral encephalitis. It was very mild. I just lost feeling in one cheek. Earlier on, at nine, I'd had head X-rays because I'd headbutted a giant earth ball.''

I think he headbutted a giant ball of bullshit...

furface
08-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Here's what Daniel Ellsberg said about Assange's safety. Killing his reputation would be just as useful.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-11/daniel-ellsberg-wikileaks-julian-assange-in-danger/

Do you think Assange is in danger?

I happen to have been the target of a White House hit squad myself. On May 3, 1972, a dozen CIA assets from the Bay of Pigs, Cuban émigrés were brought up from Miami with orders to “incapacitate me totally.” I said to the prosecutor, “What does that mean? Kill me.” He said, “It means to incapacitate you totally. But you have to understand these guys never use the word ‘kill.’”

MelissaWV
08-21-2010, 07:58 AM
While I don't agree with kahless' points and logic on the matter, I'm once more disheartened that people would leap to conclusions either way.

First off, the entire "story" seems vague as hell. A charge of molestation and a charge of rape? What are the circumstances? None of us know. It could be that he is being set up. It could be that he actually did do something, and it's being characterized now (with bias) as rape/molestation. It could be that he outright did something, and the shoe fits, and someone who founded WikiLeaks might also be a creepy perv. That would not make anything he's said or done any less true on the matter of the website.

I don't know, but the sad part is that people are falling into the trap (and will continue to do so) of thinking it's relevant. "Guys. Everything he said about the war(s) is fake, because he touched some chick inappropriately years ago. Don't you know ANYthing?!?!?"

kahless
08-21-2010, 08:07 AM
It looks like the incidents happened after the release of the documents, so there goes one of my possible theories.

http://www.expressen.se/Nyheter/1.2104976/wikileaks-grundare-anhallen-for-valdtakt

It's rape, confirms Maria Häljebo Kjell Beach, the Express on Friday evening
One woman he should have met last week between Saturday and Sunday in an apartment in Stockholm. Other woman will he have met in Enköping on Tuesday morning, according to Expressen. A source with insider tells how he met the women: - He met the victims through their assignments.
A person close to the women says
"The girls know each other and they both know that they have experienced the same thing"

btw - Melissa, I think I am the only one that has not jumped to any conclusions either way.

Kahless -"It's not obvious either way"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2851905&postcount=5

Kahless - "We have not seen all the evidence yet to make that kind of definitive statement."
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2851917&postcount=11

eOs
08-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Total political hit job. This is fucking insane. So, I wonder what the protocol is for when the FBI catches up to him. Think he'll release the password to the insurance file?

erowe1
08-21-2010, 08:11 AM
It's definitely a set up!!!!!

I'm 100% sure!!!!

How do i know? Because that's the first thought that jumped into my mind when I saw the thread title and I didn't even need to read beyond that, because assumptions like that are never wrong!!!!

Edit: I tried to type that in all-caps just to show how sure I am, and it got automatically corrected. That's pretty cool that this website does that.

kahless
08-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Everyone still jumping to conclusions. I am not sure about the Google translation and wonder if this means the 2 girls worked with him? If true sounds less likely to be a setup, no?

http://www.expressen.se/Nyheter/1.2104976/wikileaks-grundare-anhallen-for-valdtakt

He met the victims through their assignments.

or it could just mean at their respective jobs.

furface
08-21-2010, 08:20 AM
"The girls know each other and they both know that they have experienced the same thing"

Two women getting together, finding they share the same guy, getting mad and cooking up their own versions of what happened? Or is it a carefully planned setup, two 20ish Swedish girls set up to purposely target the guy. It wreaks of something not right.

ItsTime
08-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Good the guy should be hanged.

Stary Hickory
08-21-2010, 08:33 AM
It's a lie. Anyone who believes this is so gullible. They're smearing him because he won't shut up.

Highly suspicious, set up is my first inclination but it could be true. Seems very opportune though.

t0rnado
08-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Total political hit job. This is fucking insane. So, I wonder what the protocol is for when the FBI catches up to him. Think he'll release the password to the insurance file?

Only to reveal another encrypted volume of information! :D

Danke
08-21-2010, 09:01 AM

http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRcmoqMBg_uRPl3-3ctQ0c1S184EGpzD2DDqIQUcLpQHfXHc0&t=1&usg=__gWNc67hH0CebHFogJYQYYDNaX0k=

TheState
08-21-2010, 09:35 AM
The warrant has been cancelled. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38797243

Prosecutors withdraw warrant for WikiLeaks founder Assange, saying rape suspicion unfounded

amy31416
08-21-2010, 09:37 AM
http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRcmoqMBg_uRPl3-3ctQ0c1S184EGpzD2DDqIQUcLpQHfXHc0&t=1&usg=__gWNc67hH0CebHFogJYQYYDNaX0k=

Drats.

Proven wrong yet again.

wizardwatson
08-21-2010, 09:37 AM
It's definitely a set up!!!!!

I'm 100% sure!!!!

How do i know? Because that's the first thought that jumped into my mind when I saw the thread title and I didn't even need to read beyond that, because assumptions like that are never wrong!!!!

Edit: I tried to type that in all-caps just to show how sure I am, and it got automatically corrected. That's pretty cool that this website does that.

I agree.

The automatic distrust of the justice system is another disease of this movement that supposedly "cares" and jabbers endlessly about how well it understands justice.

Obviously the judge who signed the warrant (if the system there is similar) believed there was some evidence, but some here think "evidence" against real evidence is their own suspicion of any form of government based on their deep-seated paranoia.

Nature thankfully has nearly frozen this movement before some of you knuckleheads destroy it even further.

damiengwa
08-21-2010, 09:39 AM
i want to see evidence. do they have a sworn affidavit from a reputable person? has the alledged rape occurred recently? and if not how long did the victim wait to file a complaint? Sweeden doesn't strike me as a freedom hating, pro war place. Remember these guys elected 7% of the pirate party to the parliament.

damiengwa
08-21-2010, 09:41 AM
I agree.

The automatic distrust of the justice system is another disease of this movement that supposedly "cares" and jabbers endlessly about how well it understands justice.

Obviously the judge who signed the warrant (if the system there is similar) believed there was some evidence, but some here think "evidence" against real evidence is their own suspicion of any form of government based on their deep-seated paranoia.

Nature thankfully has nearly frozen this movement before some of you knuckleheads destroy it even further.

how frightfully naive. "Obviously" some judge you dont know is acting in good faith? i don't believe anything until i see the evidence. "believe nothing of what u hear and only half of what u see."

wizardwatson
08-21-2010, 09:42 AM

i want to see evidence. do they have a sworn affidavit from a reputable person? has the alledged rape occurred recently? and if not how long did the victim wait to file a complaint? Sweeden doesn't strike me as a freedom hating, pro war place. Remember these guys elected 7% of the pirate party to the parliament.

If the above post is correct then prosecutors withdrew.

Doesn't change the fact that some here are paranoid about any and all forms of government though.

I think a "broken clock" parable is in order.

Stary Hickory
08-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Well if they withdrew it already this shows someone is trying to get at this guy using any means possible. It was enough for them to use any kind of accusation to get this guy.

MelissaWV
08-21-2010, 09:47 AM
If the above post is correct then prosecutors withdrew.

Doesn't change the fact that some here are paranoid about any and all forms of government though.

I think a "broken clock" parable is in order.

Will there be a "WikiLeaks Founder No Longer Wanted On Rape Charges" thread? :p Unlikely.

The people who hate a group, movement, organization, or any other thing, will lie in wait for a negative implication to manifest itself. It will happen, even to the best of people. The people who love that same thing will deny the bad, and seize on the positive, that which reinforces their opinion. It's not true in every case, but it's why zealotry's such a tough disease to combat. No matter what you do, their belief is only stronger in the end.

Don't you see? The judge helped bring these phony charges against him just long enough for the media to spread the lie! It's genius!

If the charges hadn't been dropped, it would have also been a conspiracy.

If the charges had never materialized, and only the tabloids had run with it, it still would have been a conspiracy.

If there were a video of the incident, a really obvious video backed up by witnesses, it would have been faked and still a conspiracy.

There is a subset of the world for which this is going to be true, and it'll never change. God help us all. Unless this is just a conspiracy to get me to believe in God....

UtahApocalypse
They were just giving a peek at the cards at the table.... now we see he really has the royal flush

Imaginos
Why am I not surprised?

damiengwa
08-21-2010, 09:48 AM
so this guy was in sweden for a week and managed to separately rape one person and molest another? or is that the same person with 2 charges? Seriously with all the attention on him and all the people 'out to get him' you think he would be dumb enough to do this? Has he ANY history or sexual misconduct?

Agorism
08-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Weren't Scott Ritter's charges bogus also?

wizardwatson
08-21-2010, 09:50 AM
how frightfully naive. "Obviously" some judge you dont know is acting in good faith? i don't believe anything until i see the evidence. "believe nothing of what u hear and only half of what u see."

Hahaha.

Don't try to match wits with me fool. I don't "believe" anything except that there are many in this movement doing more harm to it than helping.

It is you apparently that has more beliefs than I. "Believing" that you are somehow less naive than me. Believing that your parroting of ancient cliche's makes you look smarter.

You are defending those who say this is "obviously" a set up, and attacking me who is agreeing with someone else that this "belief" is flawed?

I bow down to you oh intellectual deity, but I beg your leave, for I have more productive things to do than trade words with a witless worm.

Perhaps the day will come when you are willing to learn some humility and actually learn, but like many of the rotten souless zombies that infect this movement, I do have my doubts.

Cheers, friend.

damiengwa
08-21-2010, 09:51 AM
warrant widthdrawn...foxnews

Neutralization Fail...

wizardwatson
08-21-2010, 09:53 AM
warrant widthdrawn...foxnews

Question.

Do you read entire threads, or do you, like most of the other exhibitionists on the internet, simply look to see who's replied to your precious posts?

Ha!

I'm just messing with you man, you're a great American.

:rolleyes:

damiengwa
08-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Hahaha.

Don't try to match wits with me fool. I don't "believe" anything except that there are many in this movement doing more harm to it than helping.

It is you apparently that has more beliefs than I. "Believing" that you are somehow less naive than me. Believing that your parroting of ancient cliche's makes you look smarter.

You are defending those who say this is "obviously" a set up, and attacking me who is agreeing with someone else that this "belief" is flawed?

I bow down to you oh intellectual deity, but I beg your leave, for I have more productive things to do than trade words with a witless worm.

Perhaps the day will come when you are willing to learn some humility and actually learn, but like many of the rotten souless zombies that infect this movement, I do have my doubts.

Cheers, friend.

1) i did not defend any one who said it was obviously a setup, thats your construct
2) i didnt' attack you and calling me a fool is inappropriate
if you think i called YOU naive, that was not my intention. the comment the 'obviously' the 'judge' had good reason to issue the warrant was in my opinion a naive comment. (also i think it didn't involve a judge, just the prosecutes office.') You should look into how many people are in jail, for victimless actions, and how corrupt the criminal justice system really is.

3) you ought not to obsess about how all these 'other' people in our movement are some how screwing it up. That's bogus. your tone and ad-hominem (sp?) attacks are silly.

damiengwa
08-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Question.

Do you read entire threads, or do you, like most of the other exhibitionists on the internet, simply look to see who's replied to your precious posts?

Ha!

I'm just messing with you man, you're a great American.

:rolleyes:

dude all of this broke pretty quick, and i gots the kids over the house, i guess i didn't reload in time... why do you spend so much time and energy flaming other posters? doesn't it get frustrating, all that anger, lashing out at people for minor things? Blaming anonymous internet posters for all the 'harm' their doing to the liberty movement. listening to alex jones and seething at how he spreads fear and distrust of government... I encourage you to find the source of your anger and find a way to deal with it productively.

Jack Bauer
08-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Hot Air commentators are 100% sure that this guy is a hero of the left like Polanski. :D

The joy was over flowing that he was accused of rape. And now they are pissed that "dirty politics" has made them withdraw charges against the devil's spwan - Julian Assange.

So much :cool: support to the pentagon from those neocons/teaocons. Wankers! :D

puppetmaster
08-21-2010, 10:42 AM
reminds me of the movie "Enemy of the State".....will smith

Bruno
08-21-2010, 11:17 AM

Wow, that was quick! The smear campaign barely got started.

eOs
08-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Humans don't act purposefully, everyone here needs 100% verifiable proof before you are allowed to speculate on any matters in the future. No one is out to get Julian Assange. Everything is fine.

Hey check out this youtube comment I just found.

halcyon0830
1 hour ago 5

As I proved in the last video, US Gov wants Americans & the World to give Empathy to one of their Own Agents (Assange) working for the Pentagon, Neocons, CIA/Mossad, Israel, Pentagon Cyber Command, & War Machine.

That's why US/Sweden Gov accuses Assange of Rape/Molestation because Americans will think the Gov is out to "frame and get Assange" so the Americans will automatically back the Pentagon Agent Assange and start to see him as a Hero, start to Trust him & Wikileaks Fully, & Stay Gullible.
halcyon0830 1 hour ago 5

:bunchies:

newbitech
08-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Glad I slept in this morning. Anyways, this whole wikileaks thing is a total distraction. I bet its all a giant set up meant to distract the eyes of the watchers.

So what else happened today while everyone was jumping to conclusions?