PDA

View Full Version : Why Muslims should Support Ron Paul

ibaghdadi
08-21-2010, 04:51 AM
This post is about an article that I wrote, titled "Why Muslims should Support Ron Paul".

Thing is, I haven't written it yet.

I can easily write it though, and if I do, it would be quite impressive and persuasive. And as someone who owns a company in media & production, it can easily become a well-produced video, and it can be all over the net.

It won't only introduce American Muslims to Ron Paul and the Liberty movement - it will show non-American Muslims that America isn't the devil - that in fact, America was founded on sound principles that all Muslims strongly agree with and support.

My question is: should I?

Judging by the xenophobia and Islamophobia that I find rampant among many Americans, even a few in these forums, is the price of 7M Muslim voters worth the cost of potentially "smearing" the movement?

PS: As a personal note, I find it sad that a movement's association with Muslims, in 2010 America, is considered a "smear". And I know that more than one member will reply to this post with the tired: "Islam is fundamentally opposed to liberty, and hence Muslims cannot be part of the liberty movement."

t0rnado
08-21-2010, 05:05 AM
You should do it. Ron Paul hasn't toned down his non-interventionist foreign policy like many others running for office have. They're going to attack him on his foreign policy views during the Republican primary if he runs whether you publish the article or not.

Maybe you could make a poll instead of a thread to gauge the support on here a little more easily.

RM918
08-21-2010, 06:04 AM
You should do it. Ron Paul hasn't toned down his non-interventionist foreign policy like many others running for office have. They're going to attack him on his foreign policy views during the Republican primary if he runs whether you publish the article or not.

Maybe you could make a poll instead of a thread to gauge the support on here a little more easily.

Exactly. Paul's been around so long it really doesn't matter if his honest opinions are out there, I say go for it and good luck.

Wiserphil
08-21-2010, 07:05 AM
I don't know, he is a stanch supporter of Israel. If I was Muslim I would be a little scared.

james1906
08-21-2010, 07:44 AM
I don't know, he is a stanch supporter of Israel. If I was Muslim I would be a little scared.

Huh? Paul believes Israel should be treated like all other nations.

erowe1
08-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Do it. You won't hurt RP one bit. Just be understanding if, when he's campaigning, he chooses not to play up the angle that Muslims like him.

furface
08-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Muslims, Arabs, and their sympathizers have arguably decided elections in certain important swing states.

wizardwatson
08-21-2010, 08:53 AM

Then you would be a stupid Muslim.

LibertyVox
08-21-2010, 09:42 AM

Judging by the xenophobia and Islamophobia that I find rampant among many Americans, even a few in these forums, is the price of 7M Muslim voters worth the cost of potentially "smearing" the movement?

PS: As a personal note, I find it sad that a movement's association with Muslims, in 2010 America, is considered a "smear". And I know that more than one member will reply to this post with the tired: "Islam is fundamentally opposed to liberty, and hence Muslims cannot be part of the liberty movement."

Well no good is going to come out of you not using your talents, resources, knowledge and intellect to educate us, especially if your concern stems from that it may harm Ron Paul popularity or offend some of his "supporters". I mean, arn't the current forces who howl on the current hysteria and demonization of any and every thing muslims-- a group btw, who are as varied in their beliefs and as diverse as any major religion-- using the same claptrap about sensitivity?
You think most of these folks would care whether or not you invest time in telling people (including muslims) about RP? Probably not. And in case they try to demonize RP with an association that he is popular among muslims, that actually would help weed out the weasels amongst us.

Truth is Ron Paul is an honest and a brave man. He already reached out to American muslims and Arabs at a sensitive time (national elections) when any association with Islam or muslims made a politician a pariah. When Obama's campaign was busy debunking the ridiculous myths that he was/is/would be a muzzie, and were weeding out muslims from photo ops (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11168.html), Dr. Paul had already sat ad dined with Americans who had arab lineage or Islamic faith.
YouTube - Ron Paul At The Arab American Institute Conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98uqcdvv-98)

Imaginos
08-21-2010, 10:10 AM
When it comes to Israel vs. Muslims, Ron Paul will not take either side in a dispute.
That alone should be a good enough reason for Muslims to support Ron Paul.
The reason why some Muslims hate us is, from their point of view, we are the puppets of Israeli government and always take our marching orders from Tel Aviv.
With Ron Paul, that's not going to be the case.
He will not take side in a dispute but just stay out of it.

StateofTrance
08-21-2010, 10:16 AM

You are an epic troll.

Fozz
08-21-2010, 10:38 AM
This post is about an article that I wrote, titled "Why Muslims should Support Ron Paul".

Thing is, I haven't written it yet.

I can easily write it though, and if I do, it would be quite impressive and persuasive. And as someone who owns a company in media & production, it can easily become a well-produced video, and it can be all over the net.

It won't only introduce American Muslims to Ron Paul and the Liberty movement - it will show non-American Muslims that America isn't the devil - that in fact, America was founded on sound principles that all Muslims strongly agree with and support.

There are many reasons for Muslims to support Ron Paul. I'd say go for it.

Fozz
08-21-2010, 10:40 AM

Not really. He criticizes Israel for its brutal blockade of Gaza, and calls it a giant prison (or something along those lines).

Fozz
08-21-2010, 10:41 AM
When it comes to Israel vs. Muslims, Ron Paul will not take either side in a dispute.
That alone should be a good enough reason for Muslims to support Ron Paul.
The reason why some Muslims hate us is, from their point of view, we are the puppets of Israeli government and always take our marching orders from Tel Aviv.
With Ron Paul, that's not going to be the case.
He will not take side in a dispute but just stay out of it.

Well said.

LibertyVox
08-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Support Ron Paul because he is good for the republic. Period.
American. American. Not jew or mormon or arab or aquabuddhist. But America.
Keep America out of foreign conflicts even if American intervention means good for "your" people.

furface
08-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Come on. Denying Israel every last dollar that America doesn't have and every last drop of American blood is considered treason against the cause by DC establishment. Ron Paul's position of dropping all foreign aid to everybody is the only possible remedy to US entanglement in the Middle East. It's an idea that has gotten him labeled as an "anti-Semite" and should be the position that all anti-Zionists, including Muslim anti-Zionists should promote.

The other things is that Islamic philosophy and even, dare I say it, Sharia are naturally libertarian. Islam recognizes violence as necessary to protect against aggression and injustice, but puts severe limits on the use of it. We in the West, on the other hand claim we are non-violent, yet seem to have no limits on our righteous use of it.

LibertyVox
08-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Come on. Denying Israel every last dollar that America doesn't have and every last drop of American blood is considered treason against the cause by DC establishment. Ron Paul's position of dropping all foreign aid to everybody is the only possible remedy to US entanglement in the Middle East. It's an idea that has gotten him labeled as an "anti-Semite" and should be the position that all anti-Zionists, including Muslim anti-Zionists should promote.

It's not about zionists, it's about a political system that allows foreign influence.

furface
08-21-2010, 11:02 AM
It's not about zionists, it's about a political system that allows foreign influence.

Could be. I won't argue with you. It's possible to come to the same conclusion with different thought processes. We need to stop handing out foreign aid, especially with money we don't have.

Fozz
08-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Support Ron Paul because he is good for the republic. Period.
American. American. Not jew or mormon or arab or aquabuddhist. But America.
Keep America out of foreign conflicts even if American intervention means good for "your" people.

Yes, but it is a good idea to reach out to different groups, even if Paul doesn't have an agenda to specifically favor such groups.

Arklatex
08-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Do it my friend, follow your heart and not your mind. The mind will tangle itself in knots, let it be.

ibaghdadi
08-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes, but it is a good idea to reach out to different groups, even if Paul doesn't have an agenda to specifically favor such groups.
Well I was primarily thinking about the influence on American Muslims as a voting group. I thought of non-American Muslims as a secondary group, with the primary purpose of making them realize that America isn't the enemy. A worldwide reduction in hatred would be, I think, a good thing.

LibertyVox
08-21-2010, 11:34 AM

I agree totally. The point I made for fixing the system was because, it seems the moment any foreign mercenaries get a chance they sponsor their own task force and political action committees to bribe and steer the policy of the US to thier own favor. And the reason for that is because interventionism has become an unquestioned part of the way America handles itself internationally.
And that's why all the contradictions are played out against the country, usually the influential belligerent gets a free pass on its barbarity and gross conduct, while the other side which doesn't have a voice on the Hill gets all the flak.

This as to stop.

libertybrewcity
08-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Once again, the GOP furthers itself from another important group of voters, and Ron Paul brings them closer. Ron is the only hope for this country. Unite, not divide.

specsaregood
08-21-2010, 12:46 PM
//

libertybrewcity
08-21-2010, 02:09 PM
there was a grassroots project from back in 2007 that ended up in an ad being run in a major muslim newspaper pro-dr. Paul.
Let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit: found. It ran in: "Arab American News"

From:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44335
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2976/dscn5967lk8.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4305/dscn5973zj8.jpg

And 2 related threads planning it all, for those that want to see how we used to get Sh*t done around these here parts.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11870
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15407

And another related working grassroots ad, I think ran in a seperate detroit paper:
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/4474/ronpaulflyerfinalkc6.png

Amazing. This microtargeting needs to happen much more often in 2012.

BlackTerrel
08-30-2010, 04:07 AM
How likely do you think they are to switch allegiances as a group? 77% who approve of Obama is an overwhelming number.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-08-29/news/ct-talk-obama-muslims-0830-20100829_1_obama-job-approval-approval-rating-muslims

A Gallup Poll of 275,000 adults released late last week finds that while Obama's overall approval rating has dropped across all faiths — even those Americans without any — Muslims continue to approve of him the most. And you'll never guess which faith group based in Utah thinks the least of the 44th president's job.

Seventy-eight percent of Muslims (down from 86 percent after Obama's inauguration) approve of the president's 19-month job performance, and 24 percent of Mormons do (down from 43).

Catholics' approval of Obama has fallen from 67 percent to 50. Protestants' from 58 percent to 43. Jews' from 77 percent to 61. Other non-Christian religions' from 74 percent to 64. And atheist/agnostic from 75 percent to 63, believe it or not.

Overall, Gallup finds Americans' approval of Obama's job has dropped in the same time span from 63 percent to 48.

While consistently declining across faiths, Obama, who describes his own faith as Christian, has lost most among Mormons and least among Muslims, a group his administration has made special outreach efforts toward.

sofia
08-30-2010, 06:42 AM
I know and I like many Muslims.

But their lack of courage in the face of constant attacks makes it harder and harder for me to show empathy for the abuse they have to put up with here in the USA.

If they won't even fight for their people, their faith, their history etc.....then in a way, they deserve what they get.

At least 50% of US Muslims KNOW that the 9/11 official story framing them for 3000 murders is a FAIRY TALE.

And yet, why have they not organized their numbers and their money in support of 911 truth? Instead, they cower in fear when they should be in the streets screaming "We were framed"...and they should be supporting
www.ae911truth.org

I hate the smell of FEAR