PDA

View Full Version : The Business Wire Statement By Ron Paul on The Mosque Seems Like A Hoax To Me

Zatch
08-20-2010, 11:31 PM
1. If it is a statement by Ron Paul why isn’t it on one of his websites?

2. When have you ever heard Ron Paul be this undiplomatic about such a sensitive issue: “This is all about hate and Islamophobia.”

http://news.morningstar.com/newsnet/ViewNews.aspx?article=/BW/20100820005843_univ.xml

KurtBoyer25L
08-20-2010, 11:45 PM
I do think it's odd it wasn't on RP.com. But give it time, besides, I can imagine Ron Paul saying all of these things. You're right that the line you gave surprises one, in tone, a little bit. But so did the "imagine" essay.

Zatch
08-21-2010, 12:00 AM
I do think it's odd it wasn't on RP.com. But give it time, besides, I can imagine Ron Paul saying all of these things. You're right that the line you gave surprises one, in tone, a little bit. But so did the "imagine" essay.

HOLY S**T I just noticed another thing:

"The House Speaker is now treading on a slippery slope by demanding a Congressional investigation to find out just who is funding the mosque"

This is backwards. Nancy Pelosi was demanding an investigation into those OPPOSING the mosque.

Zatch
08-21-2010, 01:00 AM
She wanted to investigate both.

And you pay money to have a press release to business wire, they have a contract, it's not faked.

The mosque is a non issue for me but If he did write this I think the line that says "this is all about hate and islamophobia" was a serious mistake.

t0rnado
08-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Ron Paul is right once again. Why would anyone advocate the use of force to take away another person's property rights were it not for hatred or disdain?

This would be like banning Japanese people from starting Sushi restaurants in Hawaii.

someperson
08-21-2010, 01:20 AM
HOLY S**T I just noticed another thing:

"The House Speaker is now treading on a slippery slope by demanding a Congressional investigation to find out just who is funding the mosque"

This is backwards. Nancy Pelosi was demanding an investigation into those OPPOSING the mosque.
From http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41204.html

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Wednesday morning called for “transparency” in the funding behind a planned Islamic community center and mosque being built blocks from ground zero. But she also said there should be similar openness about the money behind conservative attacks aimed at thwarting the project.

“I support the statement made by the Interfaith Alliance, that ‘We agree with the ADL that there is a need for transparency about who is funding the effort to build this Islamic center,’” according to Pelosi’s statement, quoting the Alliance’s position. “’At the same time, we should also ask who is funding the attacks against the construction of the center.’”

Zatch
08-21-2010, 01:39 AM
From http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41204.html

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Wednesday morning called for “transparency” in the funding behind a planned Islamic community center and mosque being built blocks from ground zero. But she also said there should be similar openness about the money behind conservative attacks aimed at thwarting the project.

“I support the statement made by the Interfaith Alliance, that ‘We agree with the ADL that there is a need for transparency about who is funding the effort to build this Islamic center,’” according to Pelosi’s statement, quoting the Alliance’s position. “’At the same time, we should also ask who is funding the attacks against the construction of the center.’”

Ok.

I still think he could have been a little more diplomatic if he did write this. Many people have been mislead to believe the mosque developer is some radical terrorist supporter or something so I think it's unfair to say everyone who is opposed to the mosque is motivated by hatred for all Muslims. They may be ignorant and easily manipulated but I wouldn't say they are all motivated by hatred of muslims.

I agree mostly with the article I just think he may have been a little too blunt.

YumYum
08-21-2010, 01:49 AM
Ron Paul has it right, there is a surprisingly increase in Islamaphobia,

Where I live in the Bible Belt hate for Muslims is very alarming. The Repubgelicans I have talked to think it doesn't matter whether a Muslim is a terrorist or not; to them, they are all the same. I am glad Ron Paul pointed out the truth.

Zatch
08-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Ok, he wrote it.

http://classic.cnbc.com/id/38792643

speciallyblend
08-21-2010, 03:01 AM
The mosque is a non issue for me but If he did write this I think the line that says "this is all about hate and islamophobia" was a serious mistake.

i view the statement to be correct. i find the stories on the mosque and the people against it to be mostly along those lines,even if they cannot admit it to themselves! the story is overblown and the mosque should be built.

this whole story is insane and overblown period! propaganda bs!

Yieu
08-21-2010, 04:18 AM
i view the statement to be correct. i find the stories on the mosque and the people against it to be mostly along those lines,even if they cannot admit it to themselves! the story is overblown and the mosque should be built.

Indeed! They need to just build it, no questions asked, and get over with it. Property rights and freedom of religion by themselves would allow for it to be built without question, and they have both going for them. Seriously.

FrankRep
08-21-2010, 06:42 AM

Ground Zero Mosque Imam is Globalist Stooge; Council on Foreign Relations Member
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=257849

The Ground Zero Mosque is just Manufactured Controversy, a distraction from the Real issues.

Koz
08-21-2010, 07:30 AM
OK, I am just about as libertarian as they come and I totally agree that it is thier private property and they can put up a strip club/mosque/bookstore there if they wish. I defend the Constitution and property rights.

I do agree with the good doctor Paul in that this is a small issue that is a distraction.

However, clearly this is a mosque to be built as a radical Muslim vicotory (9/11). Muslims do build mosque's on sites of thier victories and clearly 9/11 was a victory for Muslim radicals. Plus the damn place is going to be used to propogate Shariah law by a radical Imam, this guy is clearly radical Islam.

So, in conclusion I don't like the fact that they are building a mosque at 9/11 as a victory mosque, but I have to defend it because we are (or used to be) a Republic that stands for the rights of individuals.

kahless
08-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Oddly I cannot find this on Campaign for Liberty, his house.gov site or ronpaul.com.

Rothbardian Girl
08-21-2010, 08:21 AM
OK, I am just about as libertarian as they come and I totally agree that it is thier private property and they can put up a strip club/mosque/bookstore there if they wish. I defend the Constitution and property rights.

I do agree with the good doctor Paul in that this is a small issue that is a distraction.

However, clearly this is a mosque to be built as a radical Muslim vicotory (9/11). Muslims do build mosque's on sites of thier victories and clearly 9/11 was a victory for Muslim radicals. Plus the damn place is going to be used to propogate Shariah law by a radical Imam, this guy is clearly radical Islam.

So, in conclusion I don't like the fact that they are building a mosque at 9/11 as a victory mosque, but I have to defend it because we are (or used to be) a Republic that stands for the rights of individuals.

You should probably read this link:
http://www.park51.org/whynow.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_51#Criticism_of_Rauf.27s_views <- Another interesting one.

Please don't believe the propaganda that this imam is a radical. People pointing to the interview with him with those "controversial comments" are upset because he has refused to condemn Hamas, and he *might* have supported funding the flotilla that broke Gaza's blockade, two things with which I have no problem, honestly. He's being painted as a villain by a lot of pro-Israel politicians.

"I wouldn't say that the United States deserved what happened, but the United States' policies were an accessory to the crime that happened."

This is what the imam was quoted as saying during an interview on 60 Minutes. Now, how is this statement different, in its overall message, than the ones made by Ron Paul during the 2008 debates? Is it scarier in a way because it's coming from a Muslim?

It is a small distraction from the real issues, and I am getting really sick of the mainstream media continuing to push the issue. Whenever I listen to Hannity now, he's always screaming about the "GROUND ZERO MOSQUE".

ibaghdadi
08-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Muslims do build mosque's on sites of thier victories
Where are you getting this from?

Liberty Star
08-21-2010, 09:13 AM
1. If it is a statement by Ron Paul why isn’t it on one of his websites?

2. When have you ever heard Ron Paul be this undiplomatic about such a sensitive issue: “This is all about hate and Islamophobia.”

http://news.morningstar.com/newsnet/ViewNews.aspx?article=/BW/20100820005843_univ.xml

The Man is simply way above the league of politicians we have been blessed ( or cursed) with.

Rome fiddeled while nero..

“If Islam is further discredited by making the building of the mosque the issue, then the false justification for our wars in the Middle East will continue to be acceptable.

“The justification to ban the mosque is no more rational than banning a soccer field in the same place because all the suicide bombers loved to play soccer.

BlackTerrel
08-21-2010, 11:10 AM
I actually agree with all his quotes in that piece. Strong statements from him and someone needs to say it.

pacelli
08-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Another ghost-written statement "rammed down our throats".