PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Campaign Slogan Poll (pick one)

Spider-Man
08-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Based off some of the responses to the earlier thread, I thought it'd be fun to get some poll numbers up. I threw up a few of the more popular phrases associated with Ron Paul and a few concoctions of my own.

edit: well, damn, i didn't enable multiple selections. so i guess just pick your favorite.

Andrew-Austin
08-20-2010, 11:02 PM
I like freedom is popular because it sounds very safe and populist.

Kregisen
08-20-2010, 11:05 PM
There were about 7 I liked, but went with Restore America - just because I think it will have the best effect on voters.

The issue of 2012 is the economy - something like "Freedom is Popular" is always a great slogan, but we need something that will attract voters the most, and something like "Restore America" I think will do that the best.

Spider-Man
08-20-2010, 11:09 PM
I like freedom is popular because it sounds very safe and populist.

I voted for this as well, and for that reason. I still think Restore The Republic is the most on-point, but I don't think it will have popular appeal. Also, Freedom Is Popular is a slogan which has been closely associated with Ron Paul in the past.

PBrady
08-20-2010, 11:11 PM
I voted for "He's catchin' on" just for a good laugh (and had an even bigger laugh when I saw it was in the lead), but how about "Liberty in our Time" or possible "Freedom in our Time"?

Spider-Man
08-20-2010, 11:13 PM
I toyed with the idea of throwing Liberty/Freedon In Our (Life)time up there, but I think the free staters already claimed that one, and anyway I think it sounds a little desparate.

Fredom101
08-20-2010, 11:15 PM
The fact that "He's Catchin' on, I'm Tellin Ya!" is in the lead is the reason why I keep coming back to this forum. I love you guys! :)

Son of Detroit
08-20-2010, 11:26 PM
for liberty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huzzahhhhh.

Anti Federalist
08-20-2010, 11:40 PM
LoL at "He's Catching on"

Kotin
08-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Restore The Republic was my choice.

Kregisen
08-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Anyway to remake it with more options (there's another dozen legitimate ones posted in the other thread since this was made) and is it possible to change it so you can vote for more than 1?

thehunter
08-21-2010, 10:20 PM
I liked "Legalize Freedom" -- it was short, simple but powerful!

Galileo Galilei
08-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Don't Counterfeit. The Fed hates competition!

Galileo Galilei
08-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Real change, Real ideas.

Spider-Man
08-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Anyway to remake it with more options (there's another dozen legitimate ones posted in the other thread since this was made) and is it possible to change it so you can vote for more than 1?

I do not believe it can be edited after submitting. You can post a new one, but keep in mind the choice limit is 20. So, no matter what, what you see is the maximum number of slots you'll be allowed to use. Also, I would have made this multiple response ,but I simply forgot to do so.

MyLibertyStuff
08-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Restore might be a powerful word come 2012...

The Dude
08-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Liberty for America, Freedom is Popular, Liberty/Freedom in our Time.

UtahApocalypse
08-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Ron PAUL 2012:
He Was Right Then
He is Right Now

someperson
08-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Some comments on the choices:

AS GOOD AS GOLD - sends the wrong message about his position on competing currencies
THE GOLD STANDARD - same
CHAMPION OF THE CONSTITUTION - constitution isn't popular enough, today
DON'T STEAL (THE GOV'T HATES COMPETITION) - too many individuals might have a negative response to being told what not to do. I know lol, but it's possible
END THE FED - "end the federal government? we can't do that!1" (the f.r. isn't as well known)
GIVE ME LIBERTY - "kooks" "fringe" "they're a suicide cult lolz"
GOVERN BEST, GOVERN LEAST - not enough will understand what the adverbs imply
FREEDOM FOR ALL - might be ok, as long as those in the media don't demagogue the issue and redefine freedom as the freedom to die or starve, etc. You know they will.
FREEDOM IS POPULAR - same
FOR LIBERTY - same as freedom
HOPE FOR AMERICA - "HOPE?! NOT THAT AGAIN!!1"
LIBERTY FOR AMERICA - same as freedom
LEGALIZE THE CONSTITUTION - constitution isn't popular enough, today
LEGALIZE FREEDOM - same as freedom
REAL CONSERVATISM - instantly lose 50% of support to pavlovian reflex
RESTORE AMERICA - might be good, as I can't really think of how this could be redefined to be negative
RESTORE THE REPUBLIC - might be good, as long as "republic" isn't analogized to "republican," where democracy is to "democrat." If that happens, lose 50% support to pavlovian reflex.
HE'S CATCHIN' ON (I'M TELLIN' YA) - epic win for the inside joke. Problem is that it's an inside joke lol
WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE - I like it ;) ok, maybe not lol

IPSecure
08-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Champion, of The Constitution.

Dr. Paul used this, he has the years of accumulated wisdom to know...

Is there a way to determine just how many times the Constitution had been mentioned in the media before, and after Dr. Paul ran in the last selection cycle?

Agorism
08-22-2010, 04:47 PM
I like "we support Wikileaks"

malkusm
08-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't think the word "legalize" should be used because of the connotations and connections to marijuana that probably wouldn't go over well with a lot of GOP primary voters. Similarly, "End the Fed" would confuse people into thinking that Ron Paul would end the federal government.

I voted for "Champion of the Constitution," although I also like "Liberty for All" and "Restore the Republic."

Jordan
08-22-2010, 05:05 PM
"Freedom is Popular" is my pick.

With that said, any slogan he picks should be thoroughly tested with GOP voters. All marketing should be pretested.

Matt Collins
08-22-2010, 06:01 PM
"Bow Down To The Aqua Buddha" should've been a choice.

paulitics
08-22-2010, 06:18 PM
champion of the constitution, and legalize freedom.

YumYum
08-22-2010, 06:57 PM
"He Delivered Babies, He'll Deliver Us!

Ron Paul 2012!!

Or, "He Delivered Babies, He'll Deliver America!"

phill4paul
08-22-2010, 07:18 PM
"Stability"

M-W:

the property of a body that causes it when disturbed from a condition of equilibrium or steady motion to develop forces or moments that restore the original condition

I think the terms "freedom" and "liberty" are lost on the majority these days. These terms garnered adherents to those of us that have studied history and have philosophical ideals. Those that get these terms are already in the Paul camp.

Most of Americans just want the status quo. To live without being bothered by the government.

Add to it what you want...

"Stability through less government."

"Stability through personal independence."

etc. etc.

People just want to not have to worry.

Kregisen
08-22-2010, 07:42 PM
"He Delivered Babies, He'll Deliver America!"

lol cheesy yet epic.

QueenB4Liberty
08-22-2010, 07:42 PM
for liberty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huzzahhhhh.

I like this too.

speciallyblend
08-22-2010, 07:43 PM
i voted Legalize Freedom ,but i think the NEW EMERGENCY Slogan for RON PAUL 2012 should be very simple Register Republican or Become a Delegate! would be more effective!!

speciallyblend
08-22-2010, 07:46 PM
for younger voters Ron Paul 2012, The Shiznit!!!

YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Tha Shiznit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DPXs5sxEZo)

YumYum
08-22-2010, 07:51 PM
lol cheesy yet epic.

America loves cheese! :D

freedoms-light
08-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Hope Freedom Prosperity

phill4paul
08-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Paul/ Napolitano

"Napaulitan. Different layers! Different colors! As sweet as it gets."

speciallyblend
08-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Paul/ Napolitano

Logical:)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YumYum
08-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Paul/ Napolitano

Very creative. Maybe you should leave the "o" at the end. "Napaulitano."

phill4paul
08-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Very creative. Maybe you should leave the "o" at the end. "Napaulitano."

Works for me.

Now let's get him to commit and get the Judge.

I've never understood why in todays politics they never announce the vice position until after the nomination. The second seems just a "gimme" for votes.

If Ron runs then slam the establishment and run as a duo up front.

That way you give a two pronged attack. Two heads working as one.

That would be a big draw. One that would not go unnoticed. At declaration Ron should announce a vise. Double coverage. BAM!

speciallyblend
08-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Works for me.

I've never understood why in todays politics they never announce the vice position until after the nomination. The second seems just a "gimme" for votes.

That would be a big draw. One that would not go unnoticed. At declaration Ron should announce a vise. Double coverage. BAM!

i like the idea, now to talk Ron Paul handlers into it? the media couldn't ignore it for sure!!

phill4paul
08-22-2010, 08:55 PM
i like the idea, now to talk Ron Paul handlers into it? the media couldn't ignore it for sure!!

I think it is a slam. On the simplest level the American mindset works on the level that there is a super hero supported by a side-kick.

Batman and Robin. The Ranger and Tonto. etc. Duos are ingrained in the American psyche.

If two are of one mind they give the people twice the bang for the buck.

Of course there is the chance that dirt on either will bring down the whole.

But if you can get two that are as immaculate as any court preceding can over come you are golden.

As far as handlers. What about Matt Collins?

3,2,1... Where ya at Matt? Where ya at?:D

Kregisen
08-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Works for me.

Lots of people have brought this up.....it's an excellent idea. We need Collins to take this idea to Ron himself. (cough)

phill4paul
08-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Lots of people have brought this up.....it's an excellent idea. We need Collins to take this idea to Ron himself. (cough)

I'm sure many have. It is a no-brainer. It gives him a second voice out there that understands what it is he trying to get across.
Secondly it brings to light the responsibilities of the vise. How he would continue the actions of the president if there was a shift in command.
Kinda ends the "too old to run" bullshit.

A candidate that runs with a running mate that is out there hardcore with the same agenda will tip the vote.

I frikken guarantee it.

Because it will be something "new." A running mate at the start of the campaign. Media will fall all over it just as the voters will.

Old Ducker
08-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Ron Paul, America's Last Hope (because it's true)

Fredom101
08-22-2010, 09:29 PM
for younger voters Ron Paul 2012, The Shiznit!!!

YouTube - Snoop Dogg - Tha Shiznit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DPXs5sxEZo)

Hate to say it, but that album was out in like 1992, so it's for us older folk mainly. :(

Kregisen
08-22-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm sure many have. It is a no-brainer. It gives him a second voice out there that understands what it is he trying to get across.
Secondly it brings to light the responsibilities of the vise. How he would continue the actions of the president if there was a shift in command.
Kinda ends the "too old to run" bullshit.

A candidate that runs with a running mate that is out there hardcore with the same agenda will tip the vote.

I frikken guarantee it.

Because it will be something "new." A running mate at the start of the campaign. Media will fall all over it just as the voters will.

If he were to pick Napolitano, I think Ron could easily move to the frontrunner within a month. If the plan is to keep Napolitano as support in the media and choose someone else, it might not help that much to choose a VP right away......who else is very popular and carries that much respect around?

phill4paul
08-22-2010, 09:40 PM
If he were to pick Napolitano, I think Ron could easily move to the frontrunner within a month. If the plan is to keep Napolitano as support in the media and choose someone else, it might not help that much to choose a VP right away......who else is very popular and carries that much respect around?

As of this moment I don't know. I simply put Napolitano out there. I think he'd be a great pick. However, I don't know Napolitanos mind. He may not want that.

I'm just saying Dr. Paul, if he is considering a run, should pick a VP up front.

MyLibertyStuff
08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
bump for larger sample size