PDA

View Full Version : Media says "Thompson's star is fading"

terlinguatx
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM

werdd
10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
and mccain, thompson never had a chance.

My personal prediction is that guiliani mitt and fred are going to flop within the next few months, and we will see RP / Mccain heading the field.

ctb619
10-16-2007, 04:45 PM

My personal prediction is that guiliani mitt and fred are going to flop within the next few months, and we will see RP / Mccain heading the field.

McCain? That guy is broke.

ItsTime
10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
It will be Rudy and Ron head to head. And Rudy wont have a chance to say 9..................11

margomaps
10-16-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm not so sure it's good for Paul if Thompson fades. Ron can do very well in the primaries if the McRompsiani are all competing against one another. Suppose that these 4 split the pro-war vote equally. Maybe they'd each get 18% (x4 = 72%), and Paul would only need 20% to come in first. Huckabee and the rest could split the remaining 8%.

Original_Intent
10-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm not so sure it's good for Paul if Thompson fades. Ron can do very well in the primaries if the McRompsiani are all competing against one another. Suppose that these 4 split the pro-war vote equally. Maybe they'd each get 18% (x4 = 72%), and Paul would only need 20% to come in first. Huckabee and the rest could split the remaining 8%.

Well, take McCain out of the equation right now. Unless something amazing happens, he is a footnote at this point and will not be splitting the vote with anyone.

Beerhall Agitator
10-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Well, take McCain out of the equation right now. Unless something amazing happens, he is a footnote at this point and will not be splitting the vote with anyone.

Yeah, McCain won New Hamshire in 2000 and his our biggest threat. He's a standup guy, his political ideas are just off.

spivey378
10-16-2007, 05:31 PM
how many candiates on average are there in a primary?

lynnf
10-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Rightly or wrongly southerners really liked him and saw him as a small government true conservative. His recent decline is a boon for Paul, because it means that it's Paul and Giulliani now without thompson muddying the waters and confusing uninformed voters.

here's the story that goes with this thread:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/16/schneider.poll/index.html

excerpt:

Poll: As Thompson's star fades, Clinton's on the rise

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Fred Thompson got into the Republican race with great expectations. And sure enough, just after he got in last month, polling showed Thompson and Rudy Giuliani were just about tied for front-runner.

But since then, Thompson's taken a lot of flak for a lackluster campaign from party activists in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Support for his campaign has also wavered. The new CNN poll by the Opinion Research Corporation released Tuesday shows Thompson's support dropping -- now at 19 percent, down from 27 percent in September.

He's now running second, slightly ahead of Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, who has 17 percent. Giuliani, the former mayor of New York, still leads with 27 percent.

lynn

Johnnybags
10-16-2007, 05:37 PM
McCain? That guy is broke.

whenever the coffers run dry, Chris Mathews had him on forever tonight. Nicey,Nicey. Its all a sham, they'll nurse McCAin to the convention if they have to.

quickmike
10-16-2007, 05:42 PM

Ill go out on a limb and agree with you 50%

I say its gonna be RP/ Huckabee............. assuming the Huckster can gather up enough bucks to stay in for the long haul. If not, then yeah, McCain.

quickmike
10-16-2007, 05:43 PM
how many candiates on average are there in a primary?

On average, in a normal campaign year.............. about 6 to 8

RevolutionSD
10-16-2007, 05:45 PM
The MSM is HOPING Mccain can stage a comeback, and TRYING to make people think he is viable, but it won't work. McCain is something like $400k IN THE HOLE. He can't win.

Get ready for some more hit pieces on Ron Paul, but those won't work either.

I'm about to go to the gym and will be wearing one of my 5 Ron Paul t-shirts.

What did YOU do today to support freedom and Ron Paul?