PDA

View Full Version : Daily Show: Extremist Makeover - Homeland Edition

ronpaulhawaii
08-20-2010, 11:11 AM
"I was wrong. Charlton Heston was right" - Jon Stewart

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-19-2010/extremist-makeover---homeland-edition

Reason
08-20-2010, 12:28 PM
props for calling himself out

I have a lot of respect for Jon

maqsur
08-20-2010, 03:17 PM
I watched this episode, it was quite good. The Daily Show has been doing awesome segments related to this Park 51 noncontroversy.

Vessol
08-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Good clip.

I got to give respect to Jon Stewart for admitting he was wrong.

00_Pete
08-20-2010, 03:23 PM
I think you got the whole piece wrong...lol...

Respect for Jon Stewart?! All you need to do is to watch his interview with Kissinger (and many of the Big Boys for that matter) to know who he is and what is his role in the Grand Scheme...

BenIsForRon
08-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Moment of Zen was another good Heston clip.

This episode really changed my opinion of Heston. He seemed to have a pretty good understanding of liberty. At least he did in '99

youngbuck
08-20-2010, 11:09 PM
That is, by far, the best Daily Show clip I've ever witnessed.

Golding
08-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Can't say he doesn't admit when he's wrong. Good on him for that. But must we wait 11 years plus the death of the person he stomped on when he is wrong? Better late than never, I suppose.

BenIsForRon
08-21-2010, 06:14 AM
Can't say he doesn't admit when he's wrong.

He admitted he was wrong about the auto bailouts too. I was very happy to see that.

TroySmith
08-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Very impressive. Props to Stewart.

KramerDSP
08-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Michael Moore, more than anyone, is to blame for the generally negative perspective people have on Charlton Heston. I don't know much about the man or his character, but Moore really used clever editing tricks (http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html) to manipulate the viewing audience.

2. NRA and the Reaction To Tragedy. A major theme in Bowling is that NRA is callous toward slayings. In order to make this theme fit the facts, however, Bowling repeatedly distorts the evidence.

A. Columbine Shooting/Denver NRA Meeting. Bowling portrays this with the following sequence:

Weeping children outside Columbine;

Cut to Charlton Heston holding a musket and proclaiming "I have only five words for you: 'from my cold, dead, hands'";

Cut to billboard advertising the meeting, while Moore intones "Just ten days after the Columbine killings, despite the pleas of a community in mourning, Charlton Heston came to Denver and held a large pro-gun rally for the National Rifle Association;"

Cut to Heston (supposedly) continuing speech... "I have a message from the Mayor, Mr. Wellington Webb, the Mayor of Denver. He sent me this; it says 'don't come here. We don't want you here.' I say to the Mayor this is our country, as Americans we're free to travel wherever we want in our broad land. Don't come here? We're already here!"

The portrayal is one of an arrogant protest in response to the deaths -- or, as one reviewer put it, "it seemed that Charlton Heston and others rushed to Littleton to hold rallies and demonstrations directly after the tragedy." The portrayal is in fact false.

00_Pete
08-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Michael Moore, more than anyone, is to blame for the generally negative perspective people have on Charlton Heston. I don't know much about the man or his character, but Moore really used clever editing tricks (http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html) to manipulate the viewing audience.

And Jon Stewart, like anyone that has been a long time in show business, can spot typical "video-editing tricks" 1000 miles away and said nothing about it.

Its painful to watch this Establishment Shill (Jon Stewart) being praised by people that should know better.

Anyone should go dailshow website, and watch all his interviews with the Big Boys (Kissinger, Greenspan, Al Gore, all the neocons (except Bill Kristol that is a nobody and therefore Stewart goes hard on him), McCain...everyone...he is a shill...

LibertyEagle
08-21-2010, 08:25 AM
I agree with you, Pete. Except I don't think Bill Kristol is a nobody. Not at all. I wish he was though.

I think most of what we see these days from the so-called news media is mostly well-planned propaganda. The newscaster is just an actor whose job is to deliver the propaganda.

HOLLYWOOD
08-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Glad to see this Jon Stewart piece attacks the fanaticals and inciters on both the far right and left.

Kudos for bringing up the 1st & 2nd amendments references.

BenIsForRon
08-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Its painful to watch this Establishment Shill (Jon Stewart) being praised by people that should know better.

Jon Stewart is an American Hero.

You, on the other hand, are just paranoid. Seriously man, you thought that guy who wrote those conspiracy comics was some propagandist for the globalists! I really hope no one takes your BS seriously.