PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani: Only a ‘warrior’ iman would want mosque near WTC

Agorism
08-19-2010, 02:09 PM
http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0819/giuliani-warrior-iman-mosque-wtc

NY political support grows for land swap of mosque near WTC site as imam tours Mideast

Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani joined a growing number of politicians Thursday supporting a move of a proposed Islamic center and mosque near ground zero to state-owned land farther from the Sept. 11 attack site.

Giuliani, who led New Yorkers through Sept. 11 and its aftermath and whose opinion on the mosque could carry considerable clout, made his comments as the imam leading plans for the community center toured the Middle East promoting religious tolerance.

"If you are a healer, you do not go forward with this project," Giuliani said on NBC's "Today" show, referring to the center's leader, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf. "If you are a warrior, you do."

Developers want to build the $100 million community center, including a mosque, at a building two blocks north of where Islamic extremists brought down the World Trade Center in 2001. Muslims have been holding prayer services at the nearby building since last year.

LibertyVox
08-19-2010, 02:30 PM
I think with each passing day the reality is becoming more and more obvious: many Americans (I fear using the word most) don't like moslems. I bet if you took some Joe Average out there and plugged him/her in to read the spike or change in his brain waves when certain words are said, Islam would be one which would induce a negative spike. lol

I think is also explains why people in this country in general are averse to be gung ho in political causes where the population on the receiving end is moslem. It just the way is unfortunately and I think this way of thinking is embedded now in the culture. Still, lucky for Americans who are moslems that are living in the US and not say some partsof Europe given the intensity of hostility to moslems in general. It's mind boggling and sad, and strange.

wizardwatson
08-19-2010, 03:01 PM
And if you are neither a healer nor a warrior, but instead a douchebag, you talk out your ass.

Zippyjuan
08-19-2010, 03:46 PM
So somebody wh wants to build a community center and a place of worship is a "warrior"? Didn't some of the founding fathers build places of worship? Didn't they agree to allow people to be able to freely practice their religions? Rudy is not being American or Christian by his stance on this issue. He opposes it because "they" are intollerant? Give me a break!

erowe1
08-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Muslims have been holding prayer services at the nearby building since last year.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

They have?!

Where's the outrage over that? Or is it only outrageous if they call the building they pray in a mosque?