PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Would you vote for Rand Paul/Andrew Napolitano 2012?

tjeffersonsghost
08-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Sorry Kramer....

doctor jones
08-19-2010, 11:59 AM
No brainer, yessssssss

tjeffersonsghost
08-19-2010, 12:03 PM
If Ron or Rand didnt run Id gladly settle for a Napolitano Run for president.....

Son of Detroit
08-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Anyone who votes no needs to have their liberty card revoked.

silverhandorder
08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Hell No. Common guys don't make this ridiculous. Rand would be looked upon as an opportunist. I will vote for Rand after at least one term in senate.

00_Pete
08-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Hell No. Common guys don't make this ridiculous. Rand would be looked upon as an opportunist. I will vote for Rand after at least one term in senate.

a) Lack of political experience and "outsider" status is a bonus nowadays.
b) In 2012 people will be even more angry...much more, making "a" even more important.

Justinjj1
08-19-2010, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't vote for a Rand Paul/Jesus Christ ticket in 2012.

jake
08-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Ron Paul/Andrew Napolitano

Fr3shjive
08-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Rand Paul with Judge Nap in his ear would be a great combo. Even with zero experience and no voting record he would be better than any of the alternatives. I would definitely vote for him.

VBRonPaulFan
08-19-2010, 12:26 PM
a) Lack of political experience and "outsider" status is a bonus nowadays.
b) In 2012 people will be even more angry...much more, making "a" even more important.

i don't think thats necessarily as true as you'd like to believe it is. if it was, the harry reid race wouldn't be nearly as close as it is now. you can't get more "insider" than that.

jmdrake
08-19-2010, 12:32 PM
i don't think thats necessarily as true as you'd like to believe it is. if it was, the harry reid race wouldn't be nearly as close as it is now. you can't get more "insider" than that.

Are you going out of your way to see the glass half empty? Harry Reid would be trouncing Sharon Angle in a normal year.

jmdrake
08-19-2010, 12:34 PM

Yeah. But how many full terms in the senate did Obama have? Anyway, I agree that 2012 is too early for Rand to run for president, but voting for him in 2012 isn't unthinkable to me.

00_Pete
08-19-2010, 12:37 PM

That is good point...let me adjust "The RIGHT KIND of people will be even more angry..."

Rand Paul was a huge hit among the "regular" conservatives, the attacks against him made him even more popular, people must take this into account.

Are you going out of your way to see the glass half empty? Harry Reid would be trouncing Sharon Angle in a normal year.

Good point too...

Ekrub
08-19-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't understand this obsession with Napolitano being a VP. I love his views and his agressiveness, but he is too "radical" to be a VP. I've seen him say waaay too many things that would damage a liberty candidates chances to be President. He would make a great AG or SCOTUS nominee, not a great VP.

pcosmar
08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
I am looking forward to Ron announcing his run.

/straws
/grasp
/thread

susano
08-19-2010, 01:33 PM
I prefer a Napolitano/Rand Paul ticket.

Slutter McGee
08-19-2010, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't vote for a Rand Paul/Jesus Christ ticket in 2012.

I realize that we are fellow "trolls" and all. But you really wouldn't vote for Jesus as Vice President? I don't even believe in the divinity of Christ and I would vote him in.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

susano
08-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't understand this obsession with Napolitano being a VP. I love his views and his agressiveness, but he is too "radical" to be a VP. I've seen him say waaay too many things that would damage a liberty candidates chances to be President. He would make a great AG or SCOTUS nominee, not a great VP.

"Radical"? Are you kidding? You think the principals of real freedom are radical?

I agree he would be wasted in the position of VP. He would make a great president, though. However, in this reality, it ain't gonna happen. Government must be abolished if we are to ever to be free. While we live in the matrix, I agree he would be best on the Supreme Court (better than AG because it's for life).

Ekrub
08-19-2010, 02:17 PM
"Radical"? Are you kidding? You think the principals of real freedom are radical?

I agree he would be wasted in the position of VP. He would make a great president, though. However, in this reality, it ain't gonna happen. Government must be abolished if we are to ever to be free. While we live in the matrix, I agree he would be best on the Supreme Court (better than AG because it's for life).

I wasn't saying that I think he is radical or that the principals of real freedom are radical, but rather that the mainstream media would have an almost too easy of a time painting him in that light. I said that I love his positions.

You have to play the game a little, like it or not. And Napolitano wouldn't be a good VP. Waste of a good libertarian anyways, I would be more inclined to support a Rand or Ron POTUS with a Gary Johnson/Jim Demint VPOTUS

(Jim Demint because I think he could bring in some neocon votes, and Gary Johnson so he could get experience and name recognition)

NewFederalist
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM
I prefer a Napolitano/Rand Paul ticket.

I was thinking the same thing.

Pacis
08-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Yes, even though I dislike Rand Paul. Andrew Napolitano is awesome. I would hope that Rand resigns and let the Judge take his place.

Son of Detroit
08-19-2010, 02:31 PM
the mainstream media would have an almost too easy of a time painting him in that light.

Judge Napolitano IS MSM! :D

BuddyRey
08-19-2010, 02:43 PM
I can only give a very tepid maybe to this one. If the ticket was flipped, with the Judge on top, or if Ron ran in Rand's stead, then yes, I'd absolutely endorse that team.

ChaosControl
08-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I suppose, but I'd rather Napolitano be a SC judge.

KramerDSP
08-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry Kramer....

LMAO! I've created a monster! I voted YES to Rand/Judge Nap

libertybrewcity
08-19-2010, 03:48 PM
At this point Rand has less experience than Sarah Palin. That and I don't know if Rand is the presidential type as of now. I hope that my view changes as he progresses through the senate.

libertybrewcity
08-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Rand has some very tough policy decisions to make in the years ahead and I would like to see how he handles them.

libertybrewcity
08-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah. But how many full terms in the senate did Obama have? Anyway, I agree that 2012 is too early for Rand to run for president, but voting for him in 2012 isn't unthinkable to me.

Obama had at least three years in the senate, and he was a member of the Illinois legislature. Rand has no political experience except campaigning for his father.

As for Napolitano, from his shows he sounds like a leader, but since he is a judge he would be a perfect Supreme Court nomination. However, if a Ron Paul win does occur, I doubt ANY justice would EVER resign during Ron's term(s).

susano
08-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Sure, Napolitano would get creamed by the press, but so would anyone who is pro freedom.

MelissaCato
08-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes, but I'd rather see Ron Paul and Judge Andrew Napolitano 2012