PDA

View Full Version : Your 2012 List

JohnEngland
08-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Ok, so just for fun, what are people's lists as to who they think will be running in the 2012 Republican Primary? Mine:

Mitt Romney
Tim Pawlenty
Newt Gringrich
Gary Johnson
Herman Cain
Rick Perry
Haley Barbour
Rick Santorum

I'd like to think that Ron was running, but with Gary Johnson there, I'm not sure...

ibaghdadi
08-19-2010, 05:22 AM
Palin?

Elwar
08-19-2010, 05:51 AM
I'd like to think that Ron was running, but with Gary Johnson there, I'm not sure...

Ron and Gary Johnson compliment each other in the run. It makes it harder for the media to dismiss either one as a single outside voice.

JohnEngland
08-19-2010, 05:52 AM
Palin?

I don't think so. She hasn't shown any interest in running and, quite frankly, I think she knows that she would be endlessly smeared and destroyed by the media - just like in 2008.

And it's really just the media today that keep the idea of Palin 2012 alive.

JohnEngland
08-19-2010, 05:54 AM
Ron and Gary Johnson compliment each other in the run. It makes it harder for the media to dismiss either one as a single outside voice.

This is what I was thinking. It would be great to have more liberty candidates.

The only problem is that in a GOP primary, the liberty movement is still the minority and having two candidates would probably just split the vote and guarantee someone like Romney.

Elwar
08-19-2010, 06:01 AM
This is what I was thinking. It would be great to have more liberty candidates.

The only problem is that in a GOP primary, the liberty movement is still the minority and having two candidates would probably just split the vote and guarantee someone like Romney.

Why does anyone even consider the idea that they'll both be running come time for the New Hampshire primary?

THERE WILL BE NO SPLITTING OF THE VOTES.