PDA

View Full Version : New Anti-Fed Action Movie Slated for 2011!!!

BuddyRey
08-19-2010, 04:35 AM
I don't think this story has made the rounds in the libertarian/free market community yet, so I wanted to be one of the first to announce that liberty activist Pasha Roberts is currently working on a feature-length action film with a vibrantly pro-freedom message. The film, titled Silver Circle, just began production; and from what I hear, it's going to be done in a semi-live action, semi-animated format, like A Scanner Darkly. The plot involves a battle between a group of rebels and the Federal Reserve during an economic collapse in the near-future.

Silver Circle already has a nice looking website up and a thriving Facebook page. With this being released so closely to the film adaptation of Atlas Shrugged, I predict a showbiz ripple effect in the making. :cool:

http://www.silvercirclemovie.com/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/silvercirclemovie?ref=ts

BuddyRey
08-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Bump

pcosmar
08-19-2010, 01:17 PM
New Anti-Fed Action Movie Slated for 2011!!!

Anti-Fed is going to be in a movie?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=3169
COOL
:D

1000-points-of-fright
08-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be a piece of crap. A libertarian version of the Left Behind movies. That's usually the case when pushing an ideology is more important than making a good product.

For example: Christian Rock, Fox News' answer to the Daily Show "the 1/2 hr News Hour", Air America, public schools.

BuddyRey
08-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be a piece of crap. A libertarian version of the Left Behind movies. That's usually the case when pushing an ideology is more important than making a good product.

For example: Christian Rock, Fox News' answer to the Daily Show "the 1/2 hr News Hour", Air America, public schools.

I generally agree with you, but there have been many examples of anti-authoritarian film or literature being of such quality that it changes hearts and minds as well. The Matrix, Atlas Shrugged, 1984, Animal Farm, and V for Vendetta just to name a few.

Mikeforpaul
08-19-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't think this story has made the rounds in the libertarian/free market community yet, so I wanted to be one of the first to announce that liberty activist Pasha Roberts is currently working on a feature-length action film with a vibrantly pro-freedom message.

Thanks BuddyRey for posting this! This is the first I've heard of it but it sounds like an awesome project that will help spread our message to new people, thanks for sharing.

I'm pretty happy to see a libertarian alternative to the 'crap' coming out of Hollywood. Before you label a movie coming from our movement as crap maybe you should wait until you know more about it?

1000-points-of-fright
08-19-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm pretty happy to see a libertarian alternative to the 'crap' coming out of Hollywood. Before you label a movie coming from our movement as crap maybe you should wait until you know more about it?

I went to their website and looked it over thoroughly. It looks like one of those shitty CGI saturday morning kid's shows. It's so low budget that they're asking for donations. Based on everything I've seen so far, I think I can make an educated guess as to the quality of the script and production.

Could I be wrong? Sure. Surprise me.

libertybrewcity
08-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Not really a fan of this anime stuff. I would be more interested if it was made with real people.

BuddyRey
08-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Dang, everyone's a critic. Y'all could at least wait until the release date looms before writing this thing off as a suckfest.

jmdrake
08-19-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm looking forward to it. We should have viewing parties!

BuddyRey
08-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks BuddyRey for posting this! This is the first I've heard of it but it sounds like an awesome project that will help spread our message to new people, thanks for sharing.

You're more than welcome, Mike! I too look forward to seeing what this movie will do for our movement. I'm really excited to hear more about it!

BuddyRey
08-23-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm looking forward to it. We should have viewing parties!

Great idea! If I recall correctly, much of the success of America: freedom to Fascism was because people held viewing parties, virally spread the video, etc.

Knightskye
08-23-2010, 03:04 AM
YouTube - Gary Johnson Meets w/ Silver Circle at Freedom Fest 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8mRuQUSdIo)

WorldonaString
08-23-2010, 03:31 AM
cool!