PDA

View Full Version : even dems can be converted

Roxi
10-16-2007, 03:37 PM
There is a lady at my daughters school, shes on the PTA and I consider her a friend although i have known her a short time. She has heard me preach about Ron Paul many many times. I have converted her two best friends (both democrats) to switch republican, and even mailed off their forms for them.

She has always had a strong opinion different from mine, This woman is a black woman who married a man whos mother was a native american and his father was a black muslim, she is an avid Bill Clinton supporter and has commented that as a democrat switching her party would be like switching her sexual orientation (ain't gonna happen)

i emailed her the Ron Paul is hope video she came to me this morning and said, how do i switch my registration, Hes got my vote

i nearly fainted

just goes to show, if you come across a really good video, forward it to everyone, even the people u don't think u can convert, even the ones that have said "dude, stop sending me ron paul stuff" apologize and send away :)

only if its really good though

DaronWestbrooke
10-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm one.. it is much easier to convert Democrats if you just look at the issues from our perspective and not assume we are different.

hopeforamerica
10-16-2007, 03:40 PM
That is a beautiful story! Great job on your gentle persistence!!

uncloned21
10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Congrats!

I have found that talking to people in clubs, on the job, etc is easier since you can look at the issues with a common perspective. When I started working here last year, I met someone who loved to talk politics. I was shocked that we agreed on so much, yet he loved Carter, Clinton, Pelosi, etc. He's been swinging over to Paul more and more with every issue we discuss!

Jojo
10-16-2007, 03:49 PM
It's a great feeling isn't it?!
Couple days ago I spoke to a lady at a shop about Ron Paul. In the beginning of the conversation she said that if she was going to vote she would vote for Obama. Half hour later she said I had convinced her and she asked me if she would have to register Republican. YES!!
I talk about Ron Paul to everyone that gives me even the slightest opening, complete strangers most of the time. Keep talking, people, show your enthusiasm and know your facts.

Roxi
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
my own conversion from an anarcho-capitalist to a grassroots supporter of a REPUBLICAN FROM TEXAS was the shocker of the year, not just for me but anyone who has ever known me. So i don't assume dems are different, but far left democrats are not easily convinced to even listen to the name of a republican, never the less change their party to vote for a republicanand vice versa.

a year ago you couldn't get me to raise a finger for any politician.... well maybe one :D, and i refused to vote, i wasn't apathetic, just pissed off. so i hope that explains my position better

kylejack
10-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Kudos, female AnCaps are extremely rare, far more rare than even female libertarians.

Roxi
10-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Kudos, female AnCaps are extremely rare, far more rare than even female libertarians.

thx, i know. i firmly believe only around 20% of women are both intelligent and have common sense and i might be being generous there. I have plenty of experience hearing what women really think when they aren't acting around the general public and its not good I tell you.

thats why all the women on this forum are intelligent, because all the smart women in the world are flocking to Ron Paul :D

werdd
10-16-2007, 04:32 PM
great!

Danny Molina
10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
I am a dem (registered republican) that is voting for Dr. Paul. Believe it or not many democrats like Ron Paul.

Converting democrats isn't a problem. Converting the neo-cons is.