PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi advocates investigation of Ground Zero mosque opposition

bobbyw24
08-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Nancy Pelosi is staying in the news despite the August recess. In a Tuesday radio interview for San Francisco-based KCBS Radio, Pelosi weighed in for the first time on the Ground Zero mosque.

Here’s what she had to say:

“There is no question there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some. And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded,” she said.

Not only did the speaker rebuke Republicans who said over the weekend that President Obama’s comments on the issue opened it up to debate during election season, but she also essentially called for an investigation into the opposition of the mosque.

She continued: “How is this being ginned up that here we are talking about Treasure Island, something we’ve been working on for decades, something of great interest to our community as we go forward to an election about the future of our country and two of the first three questions are about a zoning issue in New York City.”

http://dailycaller.com/2010/08/18/house-speaker-nancy-pelosi-advocates-investigation-of-ground-zero-mosque-opposition/

jmdrake
08-18-2010, 08:43 AM
So does she want to investigate Harry Reid? :rolleyes:

oyarde
08-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Really she should probably investigate the 80 % of the country that does not approve of her.That would require enough added govt jobs to eliminate unemployment .Then Biden , Harry and Barak could tell everyone what great economists they are.:)

phill4paul
08-18-2010, 02:46 PM
I truly believe that with the decline of daytime soap opera viewership that the script writers have went into political speech writing. This is getting absurd and surreal.

Minuteman2012
08-18-2010, 02:49 PM
This is why we need to get John Dennis elected.

dannno
08-18-2010, 02:52 PM
This is why we need to get John Dennis elected.

Heh, there are a lot of reasons we need to elect John Dennis, but I'll bet he probably feels pretty similarly to Pelosi on this one.

Dr.3D
08-18-2010, 02:53 PM
The president didn't need to say anything at all about the subject. It is he who made it political. Maybe she should investigate him.