PDA

View Full Version : Online games for liberty

Elwar
08-18-2010, 08:19 AM
I think it would be great this 2012 campaign to have some sort of online games where players donate money to the campaign to get in on the action. Maybe online card games or chess tournaments or checkers tournaments...whichever. Keep it lively and interactive, where everyone can discuss Ron Paul while playing a game, while also donating money to the campaign.

Even these online strategy games that allow you to click on a banner and sign up for something in exchange for game coins or whichever.

There are a lot of software engineers in the movement...this could help out quite a bit.

wizardwatson
08-18-2010, 09:07 AM
I had a similar idea about having a liberty game that was a mixture between a LARP (live action role playing game) and a forum based text role playing game. They already have basic rulesets for text-based and LARP games, and I had the same idea about offering like alternative currency in some form for people who actually got out and participated in "live" stuff like rallies/liberty movie viewings/hot dogs for liberty, etc.

Problem is a lot of these great ideas never get any traction because we don't have a good non-campaign oriented organizational structure in the movement. So I usually just end up subscribing to good threads like these and hoping for the best later.

We need creativity in the movement and ideas like this are great, but we haven't got organized enough yet to get to this level. No one wants to do the boring work of making lists.

DirtMcGirt
08-18-2010, 09:08 AM
I know someone in John Dennis' camp was trying to develop a flash game for his campaign. Something like; throwing constitutions at Nancy Pelosi as she pops out of DC landmarks, then go for top score then it directs you to donate money...

Elwar
08-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Maybe a political strategy game would be good.

Sorta like Risk but with the US and with campaign battles.

DirtMcGirt
08-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Maybe a political strategy game would be good.

Sorta like Risk but with the US and with campaign battles.

I remember playing a campaign game when I was kid, it kinda looked like this. There are different versions of Power Politics but I can't remember if this is what I played.

I found this link on my 1st google try. Have no idea about the downloads from this site.

http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abandonware/pc/simulations/games_p_r/power_politics.html

BuddyRey
08-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Great idea!