PDA

View Full Version : In 2006 I voted democrat to end the wars....

brandon
08-18-2010, 07:30 AM
And felt like a fool a year or two later when nothing changed and I started doing my research.

Now people are trying to tell me to vote for the Republican's in 2010 to stop the war on free markets.

For some reason I have the feeling the results will be comparable to 2006. I'm not going to be fooled twice.

/rant

Stary Hickory
08-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Well I want HC left alone, for health freedom I am against all Democrats completely. They all voted for this garbage. Once HC is neutralized and my rights are no longer in danger I MIGHT be open to the more moderate freedom types(if there are even any).

FrankRep
08-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Don't get fooled again!

Glenn Beck - A Closer Look at the Progressive Movement

Historians on Progressives:

YouTube - Beck 1-29-10-1 Historians on Progressives-1.avi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxmV3cfSKGE)

YouTube - Beck 1-29-10-2 Historians on Progressives-2.avi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6vsZ5agj1U)

YouTube - Beck 1-29-10-3 Historians on Progressives-3.avi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmjr6q6GsWg&feature=related)

YouTube - Beck 1-29-10-4 Historians on Progressives-4.avi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE1WLuRH5_o&feature=related)

Slutter McGee
08-18-2010, 07:38 AM
The current Republicans are not the solution to have liberty in our life time. But people like Buck, Lee, and Angle are legitimate when it comes to the free market. And getting one House of Congress in Republican hands throws a wrench in the Obama Agenda. It is going to take a long time to get a large number of liberty candidates in Congress. I am cool with anything that buys us that time.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-18-2010, 07:40 AM
The current Republicans are not the solution to have liberty in our life time. But people like Buck, Lee, and Angle are legitimate when it comes to the free market. And getting one House of Congress in Republican hands throws a wrench in the Obama Agenda. It is going to take a long time to get a large number of liberty candidates in Congress. I am cool with anything that buys us that time.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

+1

jmdrake
08-18-2010, 07:53 AM
And felt like a fool a year or two later when nothing changed and I started doing my research.

Now people are trying to tell me to vote for the Republican's in 2010 to stop the war on free markets.

For some reason I have the feeling the results will be comparable to 2006. I'm not going to be fooled twice.

/rant

Don't blindly vote for either party. The CFL strategy isn't to "elect Republicans", it's to "elect liberty minded candidates". For the record I voted democrat in 2006 too. I did not vote in 2008 for anyone who supported the wars or the bailout. (John McCain and Barack Obama obviously didn't get my vote).

paulitics
08-18-2010, 08:25 AM
2006 was just as urgent as now. I know it is hard to believe but Bush's administration was insane with their power, and controlling all branches of government was dangerous. I think a war with Iran would have already happened if the voters didn't speak out.

Unfortunatley I think a war with Iran will be coming back just as soon as the repubs get back in power. The tea party will become a neocon party, but with smaller numbers. It will fizzle out.

This is why we need to think seriously about an infomed voters party right now that addresses this and make it clear that government power needs to be restrained in all areas.

It's time to reach out to the progressives, but the right wing and left wing media may be destroying the common ground we have.
common ground

Meatwasp
08-18-2010, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=paulitics;2846905]2006 was just as urgent as now. I know it is hard to believe but Bush's administration was insane with their power, and controlling all branches of government was dangerous. I think a war with Iran would have already happened if the voters didn't speak out.

Unfortunatley I think a war with Iran will be coming back just as soon as the repubs get back in power. The tea party will become a neocon party, but with smaller numbers. It will fizzle out.

What will you say if we help Bomb Iran UNDER THE OBAMA presidency?? Some people just ignore what Obama has done. More soldiers killed under his war in Afghanistan than under the Bush. I am against both parties.

klamath
08-18-2010, 09:02 AM
2006 was just as urgent as now. I know it is hard to believe but Bush's administration was insane with their power, and controlling all branches of government was dangerous. I think a war with Iran would have already happened if the voters didn't speak out.

This is why we need to think seriously about an infomed voters party right now that addresses this and make it clear that government power needs to be restrained in all areas.

It's time to reach out to the progressives, but the right wing and left wing media may be destroying the common ground we have.
common ground

The history of the parties show the democrats have started more wars than republicans in the last hundred years. Maybe you should go with what people do not what they say. Where is the anti war democrats now???

jt8025
08-18-2010, 09:12 AM
John Barrow (D) of my district in GA voted against the Health Care Bill and was the first Democrat in GA to sponsor HR 1207.

He voted against Cap and Trade and at least one of the bailouts too.

So not ALL Democrats are bad.

paulitics
08-18-2010, 09:13 AM
The history of the parties show the democrats have started more wars than republicans in the last hundred years. Maybe you should go with what people do not what they say. Where is the anti war democrats now???

I meant congress changing over to the republicans. I don't doubt that Obama will bomb Iran, but these Dems are not going to do this now when they are already unpopular enough.

ChaosControl
08-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Voting for either party in general is a waste of time. Look at individual candidates. Look at their history and see if they are actually for peace and independence or if they're for continuing the idiotic endless wars

klamath
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
I meant congress changing over to the republicans. I don't doubt that Obama will bomb Iran, but these Dems are not going to do this now when they are already unpopular enough.
Congress will not be the one starting the war with Iran.They will not declare war so the only way we go to war with Iran is if Obama orders a bombing strike.
When was the last time congress forced a president to war??

JCF
08-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Don't vote for a party, vote for the individual...

TheBlackPeterSchiff
08-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Dont feel bad, me too. How clueless I was back then.

akforme
08-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Same here. The 06 election was an eye opener for me and left me open to Dr. Pauls message.

I don't see anyone from the right in my area that's any good. I heard one ad for "The real alaskan conservative" that was him bragging about one big government program after another that he either started or ran. Then my GOP senator who voted for the bailout is trying to blame the democrats for it. Her ad makes me want to toss my cookies.

acptulsa
08-18-2010, 11:18 AM
What will you say if we help Bomb Iran UNDER THE OBAMA presidency?? Some people just ignore what Obama has done. More soldiers killed under his war in Afghanistan than under the Bush. I am against both parties.

Actually, this is exactly how the Democrats are losing the independent voters, and this in turn is why they're so worried about the midterm elections this November. This is also why Obama is playing the word game of 'ending combat operations' (note this says nothing about getting the hell out of there).

No, the Messiah Period is over. And with this Democratic disappointment coming so close on the heels of the Dubya Debacle, many, many people are turning against both parties. Which is why the MSM is slamming the Tea Parties so heavily--they don't want us to have a place to go outside the status quo.

fletcher
08-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Don't vote for a party, vote for a person. My Republican senator voted for the bailout, so he already lost my vote. I'll probably just write in Ron Paul. But my current Democrat rep is so horrid that I am going to vote for his Republican opponent, even though he sounds pretty bad. You have to make your decision on a case by case basis.

Captain America
08-18-2010, 12:31 PM
"Laissez-faire capitalism is the only social system based on the recognition of individual rights and, therefore, the only system that bans force from social relationships. By the nature of its basic principles and interests, it is the only system fundamentally opposed to war." - Ayn Rand

YumYum
08-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Don't vote for a party, vote for a person. My Republican senator voted for the bailout, so he already lost my vote. I'll probably just write in Ron Paul. But my current Democrat rep is so horrid that I am going to vote for his Republican opponent, even though he sounds pretty bad. You have to make your decision on a case by case basis.

Do you believe that by some miracle the current mess that we are in can be turned around? Can we pay down the national debt of $13.5 trillion? If we could, who in Congress is willing to end foreign aid? Ron Paul is only one person.