PDA

View Full Version : Come one Come All GET This on the Front Page!

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 03:22 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Rally_in_Philadelphia_November_10_2007

Important story about the Philly rally. Sematary started one post and no one dugg the story.

With a few hundred more diggs it shows up on the front page.

manny
10-16-2007, 03:46 PM
I've meaning to start a digg account for a while and have now done so. I dugg this and the one called "CNBC learns not to mess with Ron Paul followers"...

only thing is can someone explain how it works? When I go to the main website the one about CNBC shows up but not this one (or have I just missed it?) - despite it having over 430 clicks? How do they decide on what comes first?

JoshLowry
10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
dugged

hopeforamerica
10-16-2007, 03:49 PM
dug

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Manny, I can't help you. I don't know exactly how Digg decides. They explain it on their website, but it is complicated.

manny
10-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Manny, I can't help you. I don't know exactly how Digg decides. They explain it on their website, but it is complicated.

No worries! I've been looking on the site - it's very cool; wish I had signed up before. The CNBC story has more diggs than anything else on the front page!

danda
10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
As I posted on another thread:

Digging is all well and good, but AFTER you've dug, please go a step or two further and do at least some of these:

* Add comments to YouTube videos.
* Add comments plugging the rally to any relevant news articles.
* Send a plug to your friends
* Add rally info to your sig here and in any other forums you visit
* Add a plug on myspace or other social networking site
* Write a blog entry
* Write a letter to the editor
* take out a classified ad

Be creative! We want to make this thing go viral, to the point where EVERYONE has heard about it. Think beyond DIGG!

Here's a sample plug:

On November 10, 2007 Philadelphia is going to be rocked by one of the largest grassroots motivated rallies for a presidential candidate EVER! The free event takes place at Independence Mall on Veterans day weekend! Ron Paul is the keynote speaker with other personalities to be added shortly! Thousands of Ron Paul supporters are expected to attend from all across the country, and YOU are invited! Watch philly.ronpaulrally.org for details and updates.

From this thread: http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25754