PDA

View Full Version : No mosque near Ground Zero / How about no American Military Bases on Holy-Land?

RileyE104
08-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Just a thought that came to me when I was reading a debate about the whole mosque situation..

Why are these people bitching about a mosque being built when a whole PEOPLE has been fed up with our country blowing up their land and building military bases on sites they consider holy?

People are so afraid of "radical Muslims" and "Islam taking over America".
What about the EMPIRE that we are living in right now? What about the countless number of people not only overseas but right here in America that have been opposed to our Foreign Adventurism? If it weren't for our Wilsonian-policies there would not have even been a 9/11 in the first place!!!

People need to start looking PAST the effects of Blowback and more at the ACTUAL CAUSES of it.

carlos1215
08-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Havent u ever heard of "American Exceptionalism"?

:rolleyes:

oyarde
08-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Just a thought that came to me when I was reading a debate about the whole mosque situation..

Why are these people bitching about a mosque being built when a whole PEOPLE has been fed up with our country blowing up their land and building military bases on sites they consider holy?

What about the EMPIRE that we are living in right now? What about the countless number of people not only overseas but right here in America that have been opposed to our Foreign Adventurism? If it weren't for our Wilsonian-policies there would not have even been a 9/11 in the first place!!!

People need to start looking PAST the effects of Blowback and more at the ACTUAL CAUSES of it.

What " Holy Land " are you referring too ? Saudi ?

RileyE104
08-17-2010, 08:29 PM
What " Holy Land " are you referring too ? Saudi ?

Yes, but it doesn't even have to be Holy Land. I was just using that as an example.

oyarde
08-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes, but it doesn't even have to be Holy Land. I was just using that as an example.

OK , thought so. I am not sure I understand the philosophy on that.It is an entire country.The sacred site would be Mecca.No unbelievers are allowed there.

oyarde
08-18-2010, 07:25 PM
I forgot , Medina too

Minuteman2012
08-18-2010, 07:38 PM
America doesn't have any bases in Saudi Arabia, at least anymore. Most of those guys are in Iraq now
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2984547.stm

oyarde
08-18-2010, 07:47 PM
America doesn't have any bases in Saudi Arabia, at least anymore. Most of those guys are in Iraq now
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2984547.stm

We no longer have the air base in Riyadh ? It is the only major thing that comes to mind.

newbitech
08-18-2010, 07:51 PM

I know exactly what you mean. What makes ground zero holy ground is that 1000's of innocent people died there.

Think of the embassy America is building in Iraq. How insensitive is that? Swimming pools, movie theaters etc etc..

Yeah.. something about do unto others.. yeah..

Minuteman2012
08-18-2010, 07:51 PM
We no longer have the air base in Riyadh ? It is the only major thing that comes to mind.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/prince-sultan.htm

Yup, but I made one mistake, the 4500 troops are now in Qatar, not Iraq. As of now, we have 500 training personnel there, but they are housed at Saudi Military facilities.

oyarde
08-18-2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/prince-sultan.htm

Yup, but I made one mistake, the 4500 troops are now in Qatar, not Iraq. As of now, we have 500 training personnel there, but they are housed at Saudi Military facilities.

Yes that sounds right , I think the Saudis run the air field now and have there own air force there.Our embassy is there too.

oyarde
08-18-2010, 07:56 PM
We used to have our own barraks buildings there, but with just 500 they would not be needed.We probably gave them to the Saudis

Minuteman2012
08-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Yes that sounds right , I think the Saudis run the air field now and have there own air force there.Our embassy is there too.

But the embassy is ok, diplomatic relations with countries is something that should be desired, not discouraged. We should try to have embassies in all countries.

oyarde
08-18-2010, 08:01 PM
But the embassy is ok, diplomatic relations with countries is something that should be desired, not discouraged. We should try to have embassies in all countries.

Yes, the embassy is OK with me