PDA

View Full Version : Will you register as a Republican to support Ron Paul?

Rael
08-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Will you register as a Republican to support Ron Paul?

fisharmor
08-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Why would I need to?

ChaosControl
08-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Why would I need to register as a Republican to support him?
Thank goodness for open primaries or I don't know what I'd do.

wizardwatson
08-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I need the "sorry, on felony probation" option.

youngbuck
08-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I changed to Republican from being registered as Independent to support Ron's 2008 campaign.

Aratus
08-17-2010, 02:57 PM
i have already registered as a Republican primarily because Ron Paul a while back asked people to go GOP...

heavenlyboy34
08-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Will you register as a Republican to support Ron Paul?

Nope. I won't even vote unless he or someone like him is running.

TXcarlosTX
08-17-2010, 02:59 PM
<<<<Precinct Chairmen from last go around. Im on my 2nd 2yr term. Ha. Too funny. But true!!!

erowe1
08-17-2010, 03:10 PM
We don't have party registration here. But I am a dues paying member of my county party and a precinct chair. I encourage everyone to get actively involved in their local parties as much as possible, and to start right now, rather than wait until March of 2012 and give your county party the opportunity to say you can't go to your state convention as a delegate because you're not really a Republican or anything like that.

Daamien
08-17-2010, 03:13 PM
I'll stay registered as a Republican to vote for Ron Paul in my state's closed primary.

NewFederalist
08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
I changed my registration from Libertarian to Republican to vote for him in the PA primary in 2008. After the primary I changed back to non-partisan (the PA equivalent of independent) but had to change to Democrat to vote against Specter in the 2010 Senate primary. Now I have changed back to other since I really don't feel non-partisan. When I selected other I had to give a name of a non-qualified party. Thank goodness changing registration is easy to do on the computer!

KramerDSP
08-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Changed my registration to Republican to vote for Ron in the primaries. I'm still a Republican. If no serious anti-war candidate challenges Obama in the primaries, I think a portion of our movement should be dedicated towards appealing them to cross over and vote for Ron in the primaries. However, I do anticipate some sort of backlash from GOP diehards should a significant number of Democrats cross over, as it would likely be viewed as shenanigans from the left that want Obama to crush Paul in the General.

messana
08-17-2010, 04:55 PM
No, I don't believe in joining political parties.

Stary Hickory
08-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Not registered but I will to help out.

speciallyblend
08-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Ron paul republican

BuddyRey
08-17-2010, 04:57 PM
I never un-registered after '08. I knew even then that this day would come.

kahless
08-17-2010, 05:29 PM
I registered as Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries. Was planning on changing too Independent but with the possibility of Ron running will wait it out.

RPgrassrootsactivist
08-17-2010, 05:41 PM
It is imperative that absolutely everyone who wants Ron to win in 2012 both register as a Republican and work to take over their county GOP.

If you aren't willing to do this, you won't be much help in winning the election. I don't mean to offend anyone by saying that, but it's true. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=253691

QueenB4Liberty
08-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I'll do that most likely.

libertarian4321
08-17-2010, 05:51 PM
I switched back from the Libertarian Party to the Republican Party to support Ron Paul (even though I consider the modern Republican Party to be a vile and repugnant organization), and I'd do so again.

I even became a delegate which prevented me from running for office as a Libertarian (I'd do that again, but only if RP had a legitimate shot).

rprprs
08-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Registered as Democrat in my college years many moons ago...never cared that much until 2008 when I switched to Republican for Ron. Stayed there since and am glad I did.

silentshout
08-17-2010, 06:26 PM
I don't have to, as my state will have open primaries in 2012. Even without that, I think California allows independents to select a ballot from a party during the primaries. If they didn't, I'd switch, but immediately switch back after. lol.

speciallyblend
08-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered as Democrat in my college years many moons ago...never cared that much until 2008 when I switched to Republican for Ron. Stayed there since and am glad I did.

the 22 people who voted yes, need to take an oath right now to do register online or in office tomorrow asap;)

we also need all the lp/cp/indys to join now asap or really urge and motivate them to . that is half the battle right there! we get the lp/cp and indys to attend gop meetings. then we become the gop overnight. the lp/cp need to get their act together and reclaim liberty if they truly stand for it.

Miracles can happen just ask my parents;) when i told them i registered republican yrs back;)

do the gop,lp,cp and indys really want to mess with miracles? i think not;)

WaltM
08-17-2010, 06:31 PM
I need the "sorry, on felony probation" option.

felons and non-voters for Ron Paul, that's a good one!

speciallyblend
08-17-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't have to, as my state will have open primaries in 2012. Even without that, I think California allows independents to select a ballot from a party during the primaries. If they didn't, I'd switch, but immediately switch back after. lol.

you could be so much more effective going to gop meetings and becoming a republican. God mods must be having heart attacks right now hearing me say this;)

it was tough goings in the beginning but in less then 4 yrs we now are the majority by delegate and voters at the republican primary in our county! keep it local. I cannot say we have 100% taken it back yet but having a ron paul republican win over the gop establishment locally is how it all starts:)

nate895
08-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Washington does not have party registration, so I will not be registering as anything.

Imperial
08-18-2010, 01:58 AM
I had the pleasure of voting for Ron Paul this year in my congressional district.

00_Pete
08-18-2010, 02:03 AM
MTV told me that all things "Republican" are uncool. How will i get all the chicks if i become uncool?

GunnyFreedom
08-18-2010, 02:06 AM
I changed to Republican from being registered as Independent to support Ron's 2008 campaign.

i have already registered as a Republican primarily because Ron Paul a while back asked people to go GOP...

<<<<Precinct Chairmen from last go around. Im on my 2nd 2yr term. Ha. Too funny. But true!!!

We don't have party registration here. But I am a dues paying member of my county party and a precinct chair. I encourage everyone to get actively involved in their local parties as much as possible, and to start right now, rather than wait until March of 2012 and give your county party the opportunity to say you can't go to your state convention as a delegate because you're not really a Republican or anything like that.

I'll stay registered as a Republican to vote for Ron Paul in my state's closed primary.

Ron paul republican

I never un-registered after '08. I knew even then that this day would come.

these.

The conventions are more important than ppl may think. Plus, by running for (and winning) 1st Vice Chairman of my county GOP, I have made one heckova lot more local progress than I am able to describe in a space such as this one. Not to mention the huge support I am getting from the County GOP org for my House run, I will lay good odds that RP will win my county in 2012.

It makes a difference. A HUGE difference.

If every Ron Pauler from 2008 were to join the GOP and attend all the conventions, we would literally own the GOP from bottom to top within 2 to 4 years, and could write our own tickets.

I'm not exaggerating.

GunnyFreedom
08-18-2010, 02:11 AM
you could be so much more effective going to gop meetings and becoming a republican. God mods must be having heart attacks right now hearing me say this;)

it was tough goings in the beginning but in less then 4 yrs we now are the majority by delegate and voters at the republican primary in our county! keep it local. I cannot say we have 100% taken it back yet but having a ron paul republican win over the gop establishment locally is how it all starts:)

Please, people, pay attention to this.

SB -- I would imagine that if all the RP-ers in your area did the same as you, you'd be well over that 100% by now. No? :)