PDA

View Full Version : Go Easy on Extremists... You may Need Them

VirginiaRising
08-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Or you yourself may soon become labeled one.

Or you may already be one!

Extreme times require extreme efforts.

There is nothing wrong with the concept of "extreme" in itself.

That is all I wanted to say here, nothing more specific to add. A very simple message really. :)

Have a nice day!

CCTelander
08-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Or you yourself may soon become labeled one.

Or you may already be one!

Extreme times require extreme efforts.

There is nothing wrong with the concept of "extreme" in itself.

That is all I wanted to say here, nothing more specific to add. A very simple message really. :)

Have a nice day!

IMO, if you're not a true radical, you're part of the problem.

Danke
08-17-2010, 01:55 PM
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" Barry Goldwater

ChaosControl
08-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Most all of my positions are fairly "extreme" in one way or another.

ClayTrainor
08-17-2010, 02:06 PM
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" Barry Goldwater

Easily my favorite BG quote. :D

WaltM
08-17-2010, 02:08 PM
I agree.

Even though I find chemtrailers, 9/11 truthers and creationists usually too low of IQ to get along with, I think certain other "extremists" are important in our movement. I would only go so far as to tell them "please lay low and focus on common interest", but try not to make them an enemy.

LibertyEagle
08-17-2010, 02:27 PM
I agree.

Even though (snip) creationists usually too low of IQ to get along with, I think certain other "extremists" are important in our movement.

You mean like Dr. Paul?

WaltM
08-17-2010, 02:29 PM
You mean like Dr. Paul?

I said, USUALLY.

LibertyEagle
08-17-2010, 02:31 PM
I said, USUALLY.

By the way, if you guys want to have one little tiny hope in HELL of Dr. Paul winning the Republican nomination, STFU with your incessant bashing of Christians. The vast majority of Republicans are Christians, in case you didn't know it. And with you pulling this shit, all you are doing is smearing Ron Paul and any hope of a lot of Republicans ever listening to him, much less voting for him.

Just cut it out.

And weren't you banned about 5 times under your various names, Josh_LA?

Meatwasp
08-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Josh _La. Ha ha. That figures.
Ron Paul will never win without the Christian vote is right.

jmdrake
08-17-2010, 03:47 PM
By the way, if you guys want to have one little tiny hope in HELL of Dr. Paul winning the Republican nomination, STFU with your incessant bashing of Christians. The vast majority of Republicans are Christians, in case you didn't know it. And with you pulling this shit, all you are doing is smearing Ron Paul and any hope of a lot of Republicans ever listening to him, much less voting for him.

Just cut it out.

^This

WaltM
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM

Just cut it out.

how many times (more than 5, I'm willing to bet) were you told that creationists are NOT synonymous with Christians?

And yes, I'm all for being inclusive with extremists. And I can't think of a group that's in any way extremist or controversial that isn't mostly Christian. (unless you count Scientologists and gay marriagers)

kahless
08-17-2010, 05:25 PM

Look how much worse things in this county have become since he made said that. Clearly that was not an effective strategy.

History has shown it is the extremists that effectively bring about radical change.

paulitics
08-17-2010, 05:32 PM
how many times (more than 5, I'm willing to bet) were you told that creationists are NOT synonymous with Christians?

And yes, I'm all for being inclusive with extremists. And I can't think of a group that's in any way extremist or controversial that isn't mostly Christian. (unless you count Scientologists and gay marriagers)

We get it, you hate christians.

WaltM
08-17-2010, 08:17 PM
We get it, you hate christians.

Not all.