PDA

View Full Version : "the schizophrenic Ron Paul crowd"

boethius27
08-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Sigh... The slandering never stops. :mad:

This time from the Minnesota Independent (http://minnesotaindependent.com/63101/ventura-near-top-of-online-poll-to-be-ron-pauls-2012-running-mate)

As the article puts it:
"It seems Jesse Ventura’s new conspiracy TV show might be buying him some credibility with the schizophrenic Ron Paul crowd. In an online poll at RonPaul.com asking who should serve as Paul’s 2012 running mate, Ventura is currently in third place with 23 percent of the vote."

wizardwatson
08-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Well, we're a pretty easy target.

Dr.3D
08-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Well, we're a pretty easy target.

That's what the voices in my head told me too. :D

brandon
08-17-2010, 09:12 AM
It seems like we get about one new schizophrenic per month at RPF. They are definitely attracted to Ron Paul for some reason. I guess because he is so easy to trust, and even the delusional don't sense evil in him.

johngr
08-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Anybody who doesn't support Ron Paul, as well as the non-"schrizophrenic" people who do, suffer from a personality disorder, whose main feature is a condition whose name I coined, entonoia (the pathological opposite of paranoia), directed at a certain class of people who are almost to a man psychopathic. The disorder is called, Pathological Government Official Trust Disorder, a subset of the broader Pathological Authority Trust Disorder.

Slutter McGee
08-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Seriously. When you are voting for the guy who hosts the show "Conspiracy Theory" to be Ron Paul's running mate, don't be surprised when they laugh at you.

Sicnerely,

Slutter McGee

crazyfacedjenkins
08-17-2010, 09:52 AM
that's what the voices in my head told me too. :d

hahaahha!!

Ireland4Liberty
08-17-2010, 09:56 AM
So.. where are all the crazies on here? :D

:p

wizardwatson
08-17-2010, 10:00 AM
It seems like we get about one new schizophrenic per month at RPF. They are definitely attracted to Ron Paul for some reason. I guess because he is so easy to trust, and even the delusional don't sense evil in him.

I think justice/freedom/truth brings up some dark subject matter. The kind of person who get into these subjects eventually comes to contemplate the human struggle/condition in general and it really becomes an emotional roller-coaster.

Not only that, but the desire to learn more, to "get to the bottom of it" eventually exhausts what is available in the realm of "factual consensus" and the student of truth comes face-to-face with the "unknown".

And peering long enough into that unknown really tests your character and resolve to continue.

As Nietzsche said: If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you.

johngr
08-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Entonoia is a state where a person trusts someone automatically to have one's best interest at heart and/or not to take advantage of or manipulate them. Entonoids automatically trust people with no evidence or cues that they are trustworthy and often after being repeatedly betrayed (electing the same venal politicians over and over, for example) and with obvious evidence of such betrayal right before them.

The particular entonoia I'm talking about differs from the Williams syndrome "be open with and trust anyone and everyone" type. People with the personality disorders I refer to above very often have no problem identifying people in the personal relationships and circles of friends who are untrustworthy and even which domains to trust them (for example, to trust someone never to betray a confidence whom one would never give the keys to one's car and vice versa). But for some reason, when it comes to certain classes of people, context-dependent entonoids are unable to use such discernment.

There is a theory that government and quasi-government schooling might be a type of cult-like brainwashing that inculcates in people a "trust blind spot". People above a certain intelligence level, as James Bowery notes, seem to be immune to such brainwashing. Bowery further noted that the intelligence level sufficient to "see through" such programming has been dropping. In the 1970s, it took a near genius. It's now somewhere around a sigma and a half above the median.

paulitics
08-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Entonoia is a state where a person trusts someone automatically to have one's best interest at heart and/or to not with to take advantage of or manipulate them. Entonoids automatically trust people with no evidence or cues that they are trustworthy and often after being repeatedly betrayed (electing the same venal politicians over and over, for example) and with obvious evidence of such betrayal right before them.

The particular entonoia I'm talking about differs from the Williams syndrome "be open with and trust anyone and everyone" type. People with the personality disorders I refer to above very often have no problem identifying people in the personal relationships and circles of friends who are untrustworthy and even which domains to trust them (for example, to trust someone never to betray a confidence whom one would never give the keys to one's care and vice versa). But for some reason, when it comes to certain classes of people, context-dependent entonoiacs are unable to use such discernment.

There is a theory that government and quasi-government schooling might be a type of cult-like brainwashing that inculcates in people a "trust blind spot". People above a certain intelligence level, as James Bowery notes, seem to be immune to such brainwashing. Bowery further noted that the intelligence level sufficient to "see through" such programming has been dropping. In the 1970s, it took a near genius. It's now somewhere around a sigma and a half above the median.

Thanks for this post. Learned something new today. Ha.

wizardwatson
08-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Anybody who doesn't support Ron Paul, as well as the non-"schrizophrenic" people who do, suffer from a personality disorder, whose main feature is a condition whose name I coined, entonoia (the pathological opposite of paranoia), directed at a certain class of people who are almost to a man psychopathic. The disorder is called, Pathological Government Official Trust Disorder, a subset of the broader Pathological Authority Trust Disorder.

Googling "entonoia" brings up 2 results; some spanish pdf and this thread :D

johngr
08-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Googling "entonoia" brings up 2 results; some spanish pdf and this thread :D

To the best of my knowledge, I coined the term. Psychopathologists won't go anywhere near the trust end of the trust-suspicion axis, for good reason if you think about it.

MelissaWV
08-17-2010, 10:51 AM
So.. where are all the crazies on here? :D

If you're looking for the crazies in the room, and don't see any, you might be the crazy one ;)

I addressed this repeatedly in 2007 and 2008 with people who pointed to Ron Paul's followers as crazier than most.

If you went through all of Obama's followers, you'd find a lot of insane people. You'd find people whose idea of economics involves figuring out how they can milk the Government for the most money. You'd find people who are delusional enough to think he'll end the wars. You'll find some who are just plain nuts.

If you went through McCain/Palin's followers, you'll find even more insane people. Warmongers, racists; you name it.

If you go through Ron Paul's followers, you'll find a good portion of absolutely kooky people. Conspiracy nuts, racists, anarchists; you name it.

What goes differently is that in the case of the two frontrunners, the focus is on the "sane" people presenting logical arguments for their candidates. When talking to Dr. Paul, people bring up the "kooks" within his campaign and accompanying movement. It's a matter of seeing the glass as half empty when the others are no fuller. Is it deliberate? Well, when it happens so often, you start to discount ignorance and chance as being the culprits.

Ron Paul attracts a lot of people who are at the end of their rope, and they are from all walks of life. We have a lot of parents, "children," grandparents, single people, married people, gay, straight, tall, short, college-educated, life-educated, doctors, lawyers, pest control people, radio personalities, and so on. We also have subsets therein who believe in some "crazy" theories. The reason they have a voice is that Dr. Paul doesn't believe in going out there and "silencing" his followers. If he'd stepped out the first time someone asked, and said "well there are a lot of crazy-ass people on the internet; I just ignore them" or something like that, I'm guessing his support would not have grown from there.

johngr
08-17-2010, 10:57 AM
The PDF you found was from the Mexican attorney general's website. I'm guessing from context that entonoia might mean in Spanish, "abstract", as in an abstract of a birth certificate (looks like the Spanish-speaking world hasn't gone to deep into the "birther" controversy.

My coinage is a greek compound word from "ento" (from within) and noia (mind).

dannno
08-17-2010, 10:58 AM
To the best of my knowledge, I coined the term.

Great, not only are we a bunch of schizophrenics, but we're also a bunch of lexogenists..

Epic
08-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Guys, just so you know, the _____ Independent sites are leftist, even though they have the name "Independent".

They are funded by a leftist group.

amy31416
08-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Guys, just so you know, the _____ Independent sites are leftist, even though they have the name "Independent".

Is this like mad libs? :p

Dr.3D
08-17-2010, 11:37 AM

They are funded by a leftist group.

Does this mean the voices in my head might be real? Whew.... I was worried there for a minute.

heavenlyboy34
08-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Sigh... The slandering never stops. :mad:

This time from the Minnesota Independent (http://minnesotaindependent.com/63101/ventura-near-top-of-online-poll-to-be-ron-pauls-2012-running-mate)

As the article puts it:
"It seems Jesse Ventura’s new conspiracy TV show might be buying him some credibility with the schizophrenic Ron Paul crowd. In an online poll at RonPaul.com asking who should serve as Paul’s 2012 running mate, Ventura is currently in third place with 23 percent of the vote."

Probably because many RP-ers behave like schizos. ;)

freshjiva
08-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Seriously. When you are voting for the guy who hosts the show "Conspiracy Theory" to be Ron Paul's running mate, don't be surprised when they laugh at you.

Sicnerely,

Slutter McGee

+1.

If Ron Paul is going to have a successful run in 2012, we as his supporters need to reflect well on him. No more 9/11 truthers, birthers, secessionists, NWO fanatics. No more Alex Jones. No more Jesse Ventura.

One thing people need to understand is that you don't need conspiracies to justify things like auditing the Fed, pure gold standard, cutting taxes, and ending our foreign militarism! All these ideas are rooted in the principles of liberty, sovereignty, and free markets. Each are backed with empirical evidence of the lessons of history. Pure reason. No need for conspiracies to justify any of these great ideas.

Brian4Liberty
08-17-2010, 12:12 PM

Maybe you can write a book on the subject.

If you study the Myers/Briggs personality types, the "trust authority" is part of certain personalities. It may even be the majority of people. One example is how you view a position or title. CEO, President, General, Sargent, Policeman, etc. Some personality types automatically trust and admire all of those based on title alone. Other personality types say the title is meaningless, and say that it depends on the person, not their title.

dannno
08-17-2010, 12:26 PM
+1.

If Ron Paul is going to have a successful run in 2012, we as his supporters need to reflect well on him. No more 9/11 truthers, birthers, secessionists, NWO fanatics. No more Alex Jones. No more Jesse Ventura.

One thing people need to understand is that you don't need conspiracies to justify things like auditing the Fed, pure gold standard, cutting taxes, and ending our foreign militarism! All these ideas are rooted in the principles of liberty, sovereignty, and free markets. Each are backed with empirical evidence of the lessons of history. Pure reason. No need for conspiracies to justify any of these great ideas.

That will work great on GOP Republicans, you have fun with them, there aren't any here in my town, or most of the country.

You want to convince a 'progressive' to move to the liberty movement? You want to convince somebody that isn't interested in politics to be apart of the movement? Go ahead, try your tactics on them, ignore all of the realities behind our political system that cause progressive legislation to move from its populist intention into the corporatist agenda.. good fucking luck with that.

Jordan
08-17-2010, 12:33 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Slutter McGee
08-17-2010, 02:03 PM
That will work great on GOP Republicans, you have fun with them, there aren't any here in my town, or most of the country.

You want to convince a 'progressive' to move to the liberty movement? You want to convince somebody that isn't interested in politics to be apart of the movement? Go ahead, try your tactics on them, ignore all of the realities behind our political system that cause progressive legislation to move from its populist intention into the corporatist agenda.. good fucking luck with that.

Progressives don't vote in Republican Primaries.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

pcosmar
08-17-2010, 02:11 PM

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

A lot of them did in Michigan.
Open Primary and NO democrat primary.

Not to mention voting RINOs.

paulitics
08-17-2010, 02:12 PM

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

McCain didn't win?

Daamien
08-17-2010, 02:15 PM
+1.

Well stated.

Slutter McGee
08-17-2010, 03:45 PM
McCain didn't win?

Big difference between moderates, neo-cons, and progressives.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

paulitics
08-17-2010, 04:12 PM
+1.

Disagree with you there. Take auditing the Fed. People are really going to care as much about auditing the FEd, if they think it is a government institution that is audited by an independent body, and has our best interest in mind, not theirs? Really?

Ron Paul speaks unabashedly about this conspiracy, and gets results by telling the truth, not by ducking.

Truth is much more powerful than philosophising endlessly with the parmaters built on lies. People recognize the truth, when Ron Paul speaks and never look back.

Golding
08-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't think this guy quite understands what Schizophrenia is. But don't let ignorance get in the way of a good slur. :]

silverhandorder
08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Disagree with you there. Take auditing the Fed. People are really going to care as much about auditing the FEd, if they think it is a government institution that is audited by an independent body, and has our best interest in mind, not theirs? Really?

Ron Paul speaks unabashedly about this conspiracy, and gets results by telling the truth, not by ducking.

Truth is much more powerful than philosophising endlessly with the parmaters built on lies. People recognize the truth, when Ron Paul speaks and never look back.

Ron does not endorse a lot of stuff people attribute to him. Like 9/11 truth.

pacelli
08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
The disorder is called, Pathological Government Official Trust Disorder, a subset of the broader Pathological Authority Trust Disorder.

Love it! /applause Hope it makes it into DSM-V :)