PDA

View Full Version : An Idea

jsteilKS
08-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Well the rumor is out that Paul is running in 2012. A recent Iowa Republican poll put him in 4th place with 5%. We have roughly a year until the Iowa Straw Poll. Many people I know do not have TV or watch tv, but go to the movies once a month. I usually watch movies in the morning/mid afternoon and so do many elderly people who actually vote. I think we should look into renting out a spot with AMC and Dickenson theaters to run a one minute paul advertisement all across Iowa six months from when the Iowa Straw Poll takes place. The advertisement would run multiple times before every movie.

South Park Fan
08-16-2010, 09:49 PM
We can definitely win the Iowa Straw Poll if we use our resources correctly. Huckabee barely registered in Iowa in mid 2007 but somehow managed to get second place (18%) in the Straw Poll, which gave him enough momentum to win the state outright.

Elwar
08-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Well the rumor is out that Paul is running in 2012. A recent Iowa Republican poll put him in 4th place with 5%. We have roughly a year until the Iowa Straw Poll. Many people I know do not have TV or watch tv, but go to the movies once a month. I usually watch movies in the morning/mid afternoon and so do many elderly people who actually vote. I think we should look into renting out a spot with AMC and Dickenson theaters to run a one minute paul advertisement all across Iowa six months from when the Iowa Straw Poll takes place. The advertisement would run multiple times before every movie.

We looked into this in 2008 and I do believe they don't allow political ads in theaters. Whether it's just company policy or government I don't recall.

KCIndy
08-17-2010, 08:18 AM
We looked into this in 2008 and I do believe they don't allow political ads in theaters. Whether it's just company policy or government I don't recall.

What if the ad for

RON PAUL

was promoting his books, End the Fed and/or Revolution: A Manifesto
rather than touting a run for office. Since it was the books, not the politician, being advertised, I wonder if that would still count as a political ad? ;)