PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Leader Reid breaks with Obama, opposes Ground Zero mosque

bobbyw24
08-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Monday that he's opposed to building an Islamic center near the site of the 9/11 attacks.

Reid, who is locked in a tough reelection campaign, broke with President Obama in calling for the New York center to be built somewhere else. Obama on Friday endorsed the right of a group to build the center, which includes a prayer space, near Ground Zero.

"The First Amendment protects freedom of religion," Reid spokesman Jim Manley said in a statement. "Sen. Reid respects that but thinks that the mosque should be built someplace else."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/114495-reid-opposes-ground-zero-mosque

LibertyVox
08-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Reid, who is locked in a tough reelection campaign, broke with President Obama in calling for the New York center to be built somewhere else.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/114495-reid-opposes-ground-zero-mosque

My first posts here were disgusts and dangers about the politics of expediency (as opposed to principle): they go where the wind goes.

Aratus
08-16-2010, 01:51 PM

picture a Democratic candidate with both harry reid and barack obama at an october
campaign rally! picture someone bringing up the ground zero controversy... so does
a guy like jack conway who has dodged several public appearances even dare have
his president and the majority leader right up next to him at a public rally this fall!?!!

Bruno
08-16-2010, 02:03 PM
must be an important election coming up or something...

silentshout
08-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Wow, how pandering and idiotic of him. Freedom of religion is fine, except in this case. Unbelievable.

Elwar
08-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Maybe they should make a law prohibiting the free exercise of religion.

bobbyw24
08-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Sharron Angle, Tweeted,

Nice of you to join us, @HarryReid.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/08/16/harry-reids-mosque-stance-angers-liberals-pleases-sharron-angl/

VBRonPaulFan
08-16-2010, 03:52 PM
I don't really see it as him pandering, I see it as him trying to play both sides. To republicans it looks like he's agreeing with them that the mosque shouldn't be built there. To democrats, he's trying to make it sound like he's okay with it, but just thinks its in bad taste.

I think this whole thing is completely asinine. I think it's perfectly okay that they build the mosque there, I just think it's in bad taste. And the fact that so many people are objecting to it should send a message to the people who want to build it there that maybe they should consider another location.

furface
08-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Mr. "taxes are voluntary" should have a strong grasp of the issues concerning this situation. We should all listen to him.

Che
08-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Senator Reid = Christian

Obama = Muslim

Period.

dannno
08-16-2010, 04:23 PM
"The First Amendment protects freedom of religion," Reid spokesman Jim Manley said in a statement. "Sen. Reid respects that but thinks that the mosque should be built someplace else."

Up is down, war is peace, I love pizza but I HATE pizza..

Wren
08-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Sharron Angle, Tweeted,

Nice of you to join us, @HarryReid.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/08/16/harry-reids-mosque-stance-angers-liberals-pleases-sharron-angl/

Sharron Angle is the typical Teaocon.

Senator Reid = Christian

Obama = Muslim

Period.

What are you implying? And who cares what either their religion is. Both these men are dirt.

dannno
08-16-2010, 04:24 PM
^ #$@$!$#

lester1/2jr
08-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Senator Reid = Christian

Obama = Muslim

Period.

uhh where am I???

oyarde
08-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Sharron Angle is a typical Teaocon.

It is in the best interest for the people of Nevada for Harry to be defeated.

Wren
08-16-2010, 04:30 PM
It is in the best interest for the people of Nevada for Harry to be defeated.

I know, but I hope you understand that it's just another case of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Che
08-16-2010, 04:31 PM
uhh where am I???

sarcasm ppl.

oyarde
08-16-2010, 04:48 PM
I know, but I hope you understand that it's just another case of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Yes , I do , but there is no choice and it has to be done.The voting records of Boxer and Harry should be posted somewhere.These people have done great damage.

furface
08-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Up is down, war is peace, I love pizza but I HATE pizza..

The arguments against the "Ground Zero Mosque" (which is not a mosque and is not at "ground zero") are very excellent:

1. I'm in favor of freedom of religion, that's why I don't think Muslims should be allowed to build a mosque there.

2. I'm a strong proponent of property rights, so naturally I don't think people should be allowed to build a mosque on their property there.

3. I like all types of pizza except the varieties with cheese, tomato sauce, and breaded crust.

nate895
08-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Senator Reid = Christian

Obama = Muslim

Period.

Senator Reid = Mormon (Christian Heretic)

Obama = Secularist

Period.

Dianne
08-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Sen. Reid is a corrupt, lying mafia scumbag just like Obama; he will say anything that his constituents want to hear at the moment.

Same as Bloomberg's sorry self.. These guys don't earn their bread and butter from us, they earn it from those who have far more millions and billions then we could ever hope to have.

I'm a corrections officer in a maximum security prison, and each of those mentioned above should have been here a long time ago.

oyarde
08-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Pelosi will have to have Harry investigated for this.Hope he is up to it.:D

BlackTerrel
08-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Senator Reid = Christian

Obama = Muslim

Period.

Worst. Argument. Ever.

YouTube - He Was A Retard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8)

Minuteman2012
08-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Generally, whatever side of the issue the ADL is on, be on the opposite side.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/30/anti-defamation-league-co_n_665433.html