PDA

View Full Version : How come we can get thousands of votes for Paul in online polls but...

Sematary
10-16-2007, 02:05 PM
I can't get more than 100 people a day to digg the Philly Rally?

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Rally_in_Philadelphia_November_10_2007

reduen
10-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I would guess the amount of effort involved and the perceived importance.?.? (Comparatively.)

Sematary
10-16-2007, 02:12 PM
I would guess the amount of effort involved and the perceived importance.?.? (Comparatively.)

This rally will bring more attention to the campaign than any number of online wins can ever do.

Taco John
Simple. This site is only a small portion of the Ron Paul support online. Probably about 10-15 percent.

Danny Molina
dugg.

Sematary
dugg.

:D

EvilEngineer
10-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Simple. This site is only a small portion of the Ron Paul support online. Probably about 10-15 percent.

Ohh much less than that. Active board members roughly make about 2-3% of a population if that, regardless of topic. Only a few people really follow and post regularly, the rest ghost in when something of note is posted and echoes through other mediums. This is a good thing though =P Means there are more people out there than what we see here.

orenbus
10-16-2007, 02:15 PM
because the philly rally needs a press release with specific start time, contact info for media relations, etc. i think once a press release goes out more people will be likely to send it around like wild fire

reduen
10-16-2007, 02:15 PM
This rally will bring more attention to the campaign than any number of online wins can ever do.

It was just a guess....

I dugg it for crying out loud, sheesh. ;)

Sematary
10-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Ohh much less than that. Active board members roughly make about 2-3% of a population if that, regardless of topic. Only a few people really follow and post regularly, the rest ghost in when something of note is posted and echoes through other mediums. This is a good thing though =P Means there are more people out there than what we see here.

Somehow, when an online poll is posted, it generates throughout the internet (it seems) in minutes. I have been sending emails, posting about the rally, keeping it current on dailypaul - everything I can but.... well, you know. And we're probably only a few hundred away from getting on the front page.

Sematary
10-16-2007, 02:16 PM
It was just a guess....

I dugg it for crying out loud, sheesh. ;)

:D

ARealConservative
10-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I don't digg stuff because I don't use that site for news.

Essentially I would be abusing the intent of the system to digg stuff when I'm not a user.

Sematary
10-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't digg stuff because I don't use that site for news.

Essentially I would be abusing the intent of the system to digg stuff when I'm not a user.

Or, you could be helping us to make a bigger rally. ;)

anewvoice
10-16-2007, 03:11 PM
I had dugg but did not post

Thunderbolt
10-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh for goodness sake. If you read this, go digg the story please.

hopeforamerica
10-16-2007, 03:25 PM
dug

danda
10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Digging is all well and good, but once you've dug, please go a step or two further and do at least some of these:

* Add comments to YouTube videos.
* Add comments plugging the rally to any relevant news articles.
* Send a plug to your friends
* Add rally info to your sig here and in any other forums you visit
* Add a plug on myspace or other social networking site
* Write a blog entry
* Write a letter to the editor
* take out a classified ad

Be creative!

Here's a sample plug:

On November 10, 2007 Philadelphia is going to be rocked by one of the largest grassroots motivated rallies for a presidential candidate EVER! The free event takes place at Independence Mall on Veterans day weekend! Ron Paul is the keynote speaker with other personalities to be added shortly! Thousands of Ron Paul supporters are expected to attend from all across the country, and YOU are invited! Watch philly.ronpaulrally.org for details and updates.

From this thread: http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25754

danda
10-16-2007, 06:00 PM
bump!