PDA

View Full Version : Can Ken Buck buck the system?

bobbyw24
08-15-2010, 12:54 PM
DENVER — Among political candidates, there has always been a familiar type: the white-hot ambitious prosecutor with an Ivy League degree, hoping to turn crime-chasing credentials into a ticket to a prestigious job in Washington.

Lately, there have been plenty of examples of another type: the party-crashing insurgent, whose intemperate words and hard-line ideology cause the political establishment to recoil.

It is rare for both types to come in one package. Meet Ken Buck: New York native, Princeton graduate, former Justice Department lawyer, tea party favorite and, as of Tuesday night, the Republican nominee for Senate in Colorado.

He won his latest job after a bitterly contested primary that saw him go from an obscure and cash-starved underdog to a gaffe-prone mascot for anti-establishment conservatives here and nationally.

Democrats in Colorado — with lots of help from the political powers in Washington — are in a furious race to brand Buck as a Rocky Mountain version of Kentucky’s Rand Paul and Nevada’s Sharron Angle, two other Republican Senate candidates whose prospects have been wounded by perceptions that they are too extreme and too undisciplined.

The 51-year-old Buck, who as a young man once worked for Dick Cheney and sought out Donald Rumsfeld for career advice, is in an equally furious race to avoid the Paul-Angle tattoo. In an interview with POLITICO, Buck previewed his strategy to resist being labeled by incumbent Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet as an extremist and took pains to distance himself from both these fellow 2010 Republicans.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41023.html

YumYum
08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I read that he is for wars and foreign intervention. Has he changed his position all of a sudden?

bobbyw24
08-15-2010, 01:15 PM
http://buckforcolorado.com/national-defense-veterans

Fozz
08-15-2010, 01:26 PM
I read that he is for wars and foreign intervention. Has he changed his position all of a sudden?

He is skeptical of the Afghanistan war and seems to oppose nation building.

Ken Buck is not a neocon.

itshappening
08-15-2010, 01:39 PM

With a six year term he could be anything, i'm not sure on whether he'll stick to it but I know Rand will.

Brian4Liberty
08-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Seems to me that this is a divide and conquer article...they are trying to split Buck away from his Tea Party supporters.

MRoCkEd
08-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Glad he won. He's pretty much another Mike Lee.

speciallyblend
08-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Buck Yeah

Akus
08-15-2010, 05:42 PM

Was he skeptical of that on 9/12/01? Or is he one of those bullshit born-again Constitutionalists now that the black man and a Democrat is in the office?

silverhandorder
08-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Was he skeptical of that on 9/12/01? Or is he one of those bullshit born-again Constitutionalists now that the black man and a Democrat is in the office?

CFL reached out to him and he changed his positions after talking to them. Take it at what it is.

speciallyblend
08-15-2010, 05:57 PM
CFL reached out to him and he changed his positions after talking to them. Take it at what it is.

yep, this was a huge victory for the Colorado CFL, this was the real Liberty Movement(not tea-cons) vs the gop establishment and their money! we had some wins and loses across the state but made huge in roads that usually would take a decade but only took 1-3 yrs!

The cogop/gop really has one choice in Colorado, shape up or be shipped out. Ken Buck is the right direction. We have local candidates running across the state. Kevin Cannell for example in my county. We also won against the local gop establishment(good ole boy system) at the polls in my county!!! Liberty Candidates 2010, Ron Paul 2012 is all i can say. ps i am gonna do what i have been doing!