PDA

View Full Version : US tries to improve its image, drops bombs in flood stricken Pakistan

Liberty Star
08-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Will this improve US image in Pakistan?

Pakistan Intelligence: Missile Strike Kills 12 in Pakistan
VOA News 14 August 2010

Pakistani intelligence officials say a missile fired by an unmanned aircraft has killed at least 12 people in northwest Pakistan.

All such attacks by drone aircraft are believed to be carried out by U.S. forces.

The airstrike in Issori village of North Waziristan was the first such attack since intense floods hit Pakistan in late July. The U.S. has tried to improve its public image in Pakistan by sending flood aid, but the missile strike showed Washington was not willing to stop using a tactic that has fed its unpopularity here.

The two intelligence officials who confirmed the strike spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to media. They said at least two of those killed in the house hit by missiles were suspected militants, but they did not know the identities of the others.

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/asia/Pakistan-Intelligence-Missile-Strike-Kills-12-in-Pakistan-100691264.html

libertybrewcity
08-14-2010, 07:15 PM
they were suspected militants? That means they could have been innocent civilians. Who knows if women and children were present?

The military has crossed a line. There should be blowback for these irresponsible actions.

HOLLYWOOD
08-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Don't worry... The FEDERAL RESERVE has tons of FRN monies for "Calateral Damage". Buy the officials, politicians, governments, media, families, dump tons of aid...

All at the American Taxpayers expense... even future taxpayers that aren't even born. May the PONZI schemes continue! :rolleyes:

oyarde
08-16-2010, 06:28 PM
I do not know how accurate it is , but saw on the news this evening that 1/5 of Pak is under water.

Legend1104
08-16-2010, 08:01 PM
That is like the dumbest thing I have ever heard the government do today on this thread.

Working Poor
08-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Omg!!!

jmdrake
08-18-2010, 10:02 AM
So let me get this straight. It's ok for us to kill 10 innocent civilians in order to kill 2 militants yet we're going to send relief aid to Pakistan? Aren't we afraid that in saving the lives of millions with might also save some militants?

Elwar
08-18-2010, 10:04 AM
They were aiming at the flood.

TheEvilDetector
08-18-2010, 10:07 AM
So let me get this straight. It's ok for us to kill 10 innocent civilians in order to kill 2 militants yet we're going to send relief aid to Pakistan? Aren't we afraid that in saving the lives of millions with might also save some militants?

You obviously don't watch enough Reality TV to know whats Real, so I'll tell you what's going on.

The US Military are the good guys and everything they do is good.

The guys who are born in the Middle East are the bad guys and everything they do is bad.

Everything can be explained simply by referring to the above facts.

pcosmar
08-18-2010, 10:16 AM
So let me get this straight. It's ok for us to kill 10 innocent civilians in order to kill 2 militants

Suspected Militants

Suspected of what? By Who? On what grounds?
Trial ? Evidence ?
Execution of suspects.
:mad:

not to mention the execution of known innocents.
:mad::mad:

Bruno
08-18-2010, 10:23 AM
nah, we're not breeding more terrorists by our action. :rolleyes: :mad:

oyarde
08-19-2010, 05:41 PM
You obviously don't watch enough Reality TV to know whats Real, so I'll tell you what's going on.

The guys who are born in the Middle East are the bad guys and everything they do is bad.

They have a reality tv show like this ?

oyarde
08-19-2010, 05:43 PM

Today , we have 19 US helicopters flying humanitarian missions for the flood victims.

Lucille
08-19-2010, 06:35 PM
US tries to improve its image, drops bombs in flood stricken Pakistan

Threadline of the Day.