PDA

View Full Version : Walter Williams For President 2012!

trey4sports
08-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Ok, so im watching freedom watch right now and I can honestly say that I have NEVER (with the exception of Ron Paul) heard somebody put together such fascinating and amazing arguments for Libertarian thought, on the fly nonetheless. I'm sure somebody will have the Tubez of tonights freedom watch on the forum later but this guy is an absolute BEAST!

GunnyFreedom
08-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Ok, so im watching freedom watch right now and I can honestly say that I have NEVER (with the exception of Ron Paul) heard somebody put together such fascinating and amazing arguments for Libertarian thought, on the fly nonetheless. I'm sure somebody will have the Tubez of tonights freedom watch on the forum later but this guy is an absolute BEAST!

I like Walter Williams and would support him for President if RP does not run.

FrankRep
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I'd vote for Walter Williams.

jclay2
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Walter Williams is awesome. I am still surprised that rush lets him fill in for him some times.

carlos1215
08-13-2010, 07:42 PM
libertarian war monger

Kotin
08-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Walter Williams would be so awesome as president..

sailingaway
08-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Ron Paul 2012 :p

FrankRep
08-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Ron Paul 2012 :p

Well yeah. Ron Paul is first on my list.

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2010, 08:07 PM

Walter's been around a while, and a good guy for the most part.:cool: Glad you've discovered him. I hope he doesn't soil himself with political office, though.

cindy25
08-13-2010, 08:07 PM
he would never win; maybe he could be part of a Paul or Johnson admin.

Epic
08-13-2010, 08:14 PM

He's a bit interventionist in foreign policy, but he's still a great libertarian, and he emphasizes issues that ONLY libertarians talk about, like legalizing organ donation and such. I like that he puts those issues on the map.

Ron Paul said he was considering Walter Williams as VP in 2008.

erowe1
08-13-2010, 08:17 PM
He's a bit interventionist in foreign policy,

More than a bit. Granted, I like him on everything else. But he's all for preemptive war. And that's no small flaw for a POTUS to have.

trey4sports
08-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Hmm, i'd heard him talked about by many libertarians (ron paul included) but never knew a whole lot about him. It was just amazing tonight the way he completely destroyed the statist Caroline Heldmans arguments.

The issue was Government forcing McDonalds to serve vegtables in their happy meals :rolleyes:

Caroline was all for it ofcourse and then Walter annihilated her argument. Something along the lines of (paraphrase) .......... "Caroline admitted she would never eat there because she's intelligent and knows what they put in their food but when it comes to other people people making choices for themselves they are too damn dumb to choose wisely, the arrogance"

He is certainly somebody I'd love to meet. Hmmm, where is George Mason Again?:D

Son of Detroit
08-13-2010, 08:34 PM
He is certainly somebody I'd love to meet. Hmmm, where is George Mason Again?:D

I'm strongly considering applying to George Mason just for the possibility to have Mr. Williams as a professor. The whole economics at that school is very Austrian/libertarian oriented.

TCE
08-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Williams would be better suited as a cabinet position, potentially Treasury? Because of his foreign policy, I am not sold on him as President. Does anyone know why he is for Pre-emptive war? Pro-War libertarian is an oxymoron.

QueenB4Liberty
08-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Walter Williams is awesome. I am still surprised that rush lets him fill in for him some times.

Yeah I couldn't believe that!

trey4sports
08-13-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm strongly considering applying to George Mason just for the possibility to have Mr. Williams as a professor. The whole economics at that school is very Austrian/libertarian oriented.

yeah there's another dude there, Buhtro or budro is I believe how you pronounce his last name and he's another libertarian guy. I'd definitely look into it if I were you, hell maybe I'll transfer!

Pericles
08-13-2010, 08:51 PM
I like Walter Williams and would support him for President if RP does not run.
+1

Epic
08-13-2010, 08:52 PM
yeah there's another dude there, Buhtro or budro is I believe how you pronounce his last name and he's another libertarian guy. I'd definitely look into it if I were you, hell maybe I'll transfer!

Don Boudreaux

www.cafehayek.com

There are a stable of awesome GMU economists... Russ Roberts (hayek/keynes rap), Bryan Caplan (anarcho-capitalist), Don Boudreaux (cafehayek), Walter Williams (fills in for Rush, endorsed FSP), Peter Leeson (great studies on Somalia and empirical work on capitalism's benefit) etc.

ibaghdadi
08-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Williams would be better suited as a cabinet position, potentially Treasury? Because of his foreign policy, I am not sold on him as President. Does anyone know why he is for Pre-emptive war? Pro-War libertarian is an oxymoron.

+1

low preference guy
08-13-2010, 10:14 PM
The issue was Government forcing McDonalds to serve vegtables in their happy meals :rolleyes:

Caroline was all for it ofcourse and then Walter annihilated her argument. Something along the lines of (paraphrase) .......... "Caroline admitted she would never eat there because she's intelligent and knows what they put in their food but when it comes to other people people making choices for themselves they are too damn dumb to choose wisely, the arrogance"

wow.

low preference guy
08-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Walter Williams for President!!! (or Ron's VP)

Ricky201
08-14-2010, 01:49 PM
What exactly is Walter's take on our foreign policy?

johnrocks
08-14-2010, 01:50 PM
I'd vote for him in a heartbeat for any office.

BlackSand
08-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Yea, I have his site in my bookmarks. I lose going through the various quotes he has on his site. They were quite influential on me a year back or so.

But I never knew he was an interventionist. Does somebody have an article or something he wrote where he talked about it?

trey4sports
08-14-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure his foreign policy beliefs but he is a very charismatic and well-spoken representative of the Liberty movement for sure!

Icymudpuppy
08-14-2010, 02:11 PM
"Caroline admitted she would never eat there because she's intelligent and knows what they put in their food but when it comes to other people people making choices for themselves they are too damn dumb to choose wisely, the arrogance"

I have come to the conclusion that Caroline is right. Most people are too dumb to choose wisely.

There are some people on here who think that that sheepleness is actively promoted by elites.

What makes me different from Caroline is that I don't feel the need to protect the stupid people from themselves. I think they should be allowed to perish as Natural selection dictates. Also, I recognize that any attempts to protect the stupid people will backfire on me because it also will limit my own freedom even though I am not one of the sheeple.

In this instance, I also know that McDonald's food is crap, and I would never supply myself or my family to a regular diet of processed Fast food. However, there are times when I like to eat a little junk food for fun, and I see nothing wrong with going out for some greasy salty fried food or super fatty sugar bombs once in a while, and I would truly hate it if the government made it so I couldn't go out with my family and splurge on some junk food if I want to knowing that an occasional meal at McD's or BK, or at the Fair vendors is not going to adversely affect my health.

james1906
08-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Williams has been asked about running before. He says his wife won't allow it.

low preference guy
08-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Williams has been asked about running before. He says his wife won't allow it.

His wife, unfortunately, died.

wgadget
08-14-2010, 07:13 PM
walter williams for president!!! (or ron's vp)

Ron Paul/Walter Williams 2012

Which would nip the racism charge in the bud.

trey4sports
08-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Ron Paul/Walter Williams 2012

Which would nip the racism charge in the bud.

ahahahahaha

2012 slogan.....

PAUL/WILLIAMS

Who's racist now?

speciallyblend
08-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Ron paul 2012, then i will look elsewhere;)

specsaregood
08-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Ok, so im watching freedom watch right now and I can honestly say that I have NEVER (with the exception of Ron Paul) heard somebody put together such fascinating and amazing arguments for Libertarian thought, on the fly nonetheless.

That's probably one of the reasons Dr. Paul suggested him as a possible VP running mate back in 2007. :)

Edit: here ya go source:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/sleuth/2007/05/do_tell_ron_paul_on_babies_pro.html

Sleuth: If you were to defy the polls and the odds and win the nomination, who would be your running mate?

Paul: Well, I don't know, but if I won, you know, I'd want a recount. You know, lets be certain about what's going on here.

But a running mate. Somebody like Walter Williams. Walter Williams is a very good economist. John Stossel, John Stossel would be good.

Meatwasp
08-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah he is one I could easily vote for if Ron wasn't running.

ronpaulhawaii
08-14-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd like to see more detail on his FP...

Imagine early debates with Williams, Johnson, Paul...

who else? :D

speciallyblend
08-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Imagine early debates with Williams, Johnson, Paul...

who else? :D

that debate alone would be more interesting then the gop debates!!! unless Ron Paul is in gop debates;)

thehunter
08-14-2010, 08:20 PM
There might be great merit in having him run along with Paul in 2012; extra voices at the table tends to moderate the forces they back. Having two libertarians in the GOP primary would not be as easily dismissed as just one.

speciallyblend
08-14-2010, 08:21 PM
There might be great merit in having him run along with Paul in 2012; extra voices at the table tends to moderate the forces they back. Having two libertarians in the GOP primary would not be as easily dismissed as just one.

3 libertarians in the gop debate possibly;)

thehunter
08-14-2010, 08:25 PM
3 libertarians in the gop debate possibly;)

ORLY? Who's the third?

djdellisanti4
08-14-2010, 08:26 PM
YouTube - walter williams on Freedom Watch With The Judge » Stay Free Judge Napolitano (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIFyPBh5sQ4)

Here is Williams on the police state. Not sure if it has been posted yet.

ronpaulhawaii
08-14-2010, 08:28 PM
that debate alone would be more interesting then the gop debates!!! unless Ron Paul is in gop debates;)

Yes, I mean in the early GOP primary debates ;)

The more the merrier :D

Draft Tom Woods! :eek::p

speciallyblend
08-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Yes, I mean in the early GOP primary debates ;)

The more the merrier :D

Draft Tom Woods! :eek::p

maybe we should be packing the gop debates, that way the gop establishment will have to run 15 candidates to waterdown our 6;)

erowe1
08-14-2010, 08:34 PM

Here's some stuff:

Daily Bell: What do you think of Dr. Ron Paul and his impact on the sociopolitical conversation?

Walter Williams: Ron Paul and I are friends. We've been longtime associates. I agree with Ron Paul down the line, but we part company on issues of foreign policy. I believe in a strong defense and I believe that on occasions people need to make pre-emptive attacks on people - on countries who would do us great damage. For example, if I had been president during the early thirties, I would have made a pre-emptive attack on Nazi Germany. The very fact that the West did not make a pre-emptive attack when Hitler was violating the Versailles Agreements. That the West chose not to interfere with Hitler's buildup resulted in 60 million poor souls losing their lives in World War II. Intervention could have prevented that. I agree with Congressman Paul on darn near everything he proposes but we part company on foreign policy.
http://www.rightsidenews.com/2010080111203/politics-and-economics/walter-williams-on-the-tyranny-of-the-majority-the-us-federal-budget-and-free-market-thinking.html

At this particular time, fanatical jihadists are calling the terrorism shots in many Muslim countries. Their success in committing terrorist acts is in no small part the result of the actions by the millions of peace-loving fellow Muslims. First, there is not enough condemnation of their terrorist acts by the Muslim community. More important is the direct or indirect assistance terrorists receive through the silence of their fellow Muslims. There is no way terrorists can carry on their operations, obtain explosive materials, run terrorist training camps and raise money without the knowledge of other Muslims, whether they're government officials, bankers, family members, friends or neighbors.

Because those millions of peace-loving Muslims do not speak out and expose terrorists and don't more fully cooperate with domestic and international authorities trying to stop terrorists, they become enemies of the West just as the peace-loving people in Germany, Italy and Japan became enemies of the Allied powers during World War II. Like them, Muslims should be prepared to suffer the full might of the West in its efforts to fight terrorism. I'm hoping that the millions of peaceful Muslims take the proper action to avoid such an outcome. I'm not that optimistic. We're involved in a clash with a culture that has little regard for the Western values that hold the sanctity of human life and liberty dear.
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59266

There are a lot of things I'd strongly support Walter Williams for. But Commander in Chief of the U.S. military wouldn't be at the top of the list.

low preference guy
08-14-2010, 08:37 PM
YouTube - walter williams on Freedom Watch With The Judge » Stay Free Judge Napolitano (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIFyPBh5sQ4)

Here is Williams on the police state. Not sure if it has been posted yet.

What a great interview. Williams is very eager to make arguments for liberty, just like Dr. Paul.

djdellisanti4
08-14-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't get how him and his friend Thomas Sowell can support pre-emptive wars. They are both so brilliant, economically. They oppose things that many other conservatives support like the war on drugs and some of these other police state measures, but then we get to their foreign policy and they suddenly support the War on Terror.

ronpaulhawaii
08-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Here's some stuff:

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2010080111203/politics-and-economics/walter-williams-on-the-tyranny-of-the-majority-the-us-federal-budget-and-free-market-thinking.html

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59266

There are a lot of things I'd strongly support Walter Williams for. But Commander in Chief of the U.S. military wouldn't be at the top of the list.

Thanks.